4FRNT partners with Option

This is pretty big for 4FRNT since Option makes really nice handmade boards. Quality and finish on next years skis should be pretty dope and hopefully Option will float 4FRNT some ideas for graphics. Next year's VNT--190ish, fat pow board with low-pro tail twin--is looking like it might be a hit.

Vancouver, BC (Ski Press)-U.S.-based 4FRNT Skis has reached an agreement with Option-NFA Inc. to have all of its freeride skis manufactured in Option’s Vancouver factory.

“We are obviously very excited about the relationship with Option,” said 4FRNT co-founder and team rider Matt Sterbenz. “Option has represented an unparalleled level of quality in snowboarding for over a decade and now we’re bringing that quality to skiers worldwide through the 4FRNT brand.”

The partnership will launch with the production of 4FRNT’s 2005/06 line of skis. The design of 4FRNT’s products will remain in the U.S. and the two companies plan on working closely together to develop, produce and distribute 4FRNT products. 4FRNT co-founder Joe Stumpf says the two companies are a great fit.

“We knew from our first discussion with Option that they were the right partner,” says Stumpf. “We see eye-to-eye on virtually every aspect of this business and the future of our sport.”

“Everyone at Option is ecstatic to have this opportunity to build skis for 4FRNT,” said Option CEO Geoff Power. “4FRNT and Option share a commitment to quality and performance, so it’s a natural fit. Plus, it’s terrific that a snowboard company is making skis for such a progressive freeski company. It’s a reversal of roles in a market dominated by ski companies making snowboards.”

Lake-Tahoe-based 4FRNT Skis team of rider/owners includes Matt Sterbenz, Steele Spence, Vincent Dorion and Niklas Karlström.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by bossass
    "It’s a reversal of roles in a market dominated by ski companies making snowboards.”
    Hmm... Cynical implication: you've been making crappy stuff for us for years, now it's time for us to make crappy stuff for you?

Next year's VNT--190ish, fat pow board with low-pro tail twin--is looking like it might be a hit.
    Thats a heck of a ski. It doesnt turn, but its oh-so-stable and has a 104 underfoot. Gotama killer.

This is great news because the factory in Huntington was small and slow. This switch was actually announced a while back but nice to see someone other then me spreading the good word about 4FRNT

Quote Originally Posted by skier0178
    This is great news because the factory in Huntington was small and slow. This switch was actually announced a while back but nice to see someone other then me spreading the good word about 4FRNT
    Yeah, I knew they were working it out back in February, and I noticed nobody here posted the news. I think it's huge, because we sold option boards at the shop I worked at and I almost got one just because they look so good. i've also tuned an option board and you get to really see the quality of a board when you get it on the belt grinder.

I worked at and I almost got one just because they look so good. i've also tuned an option board and you get to really see the quality of a board when you get it on the belt grinder.

It just didnt happen to be a Joni Mäkinen promodell,by any chance?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

So what's 4Frnt going to do with the HB Factory/Equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by slim
    I think they found a place for it. I talked to Sterbenz the other day and none of the equipment was for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by slim
    If I told you I'd have to kill you...

Yeah, I knew they were working it out back in February, and I noticed nobody here posted the news. I think it's huge, because we sold option boards at the shop I worked at and I almost got one just because they look so good. i've also tuned an option board and you get to really see the quality of a board when you get it on the belt grinder.
    That's the first thing Sterbenz mentioned when me told me about the switch. The quality of the skis was pretty high already and I think this will only add to the 4FRNT's reputation as being bomber skis, my 187 MSPs are really solid...
    Last edited by skier0178; 05-31-2005 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet
    It just didnt happen to be a Joni Mäkinen promodell,by any chance?
    I think the one I really liked was the Signature model.

we have been going back and forth about this on the Burton Message Board.

i think it's a great move. i love my MSPs. best of luck to them. and option has done a really good job of weathering the snowboard bankruptcy storm through the last few years.
    Pura Vida