Check Out Our Shop
Page 189 of 201 FirstFirst ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 5019

Thread: Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Put down a hundy to reserve my spot in line for one of these. Probably won't end up pulling the trigger as a year plus is a long time to wait, but we shall see. But I like the concept and the range on the battery will handle about 90% of my driving needs.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/07/busin...ger/index.html
    If it's anything like the jeep e-wrangler it'll be a total POS.
    e-jeep was the worst driving experience I have ever had in my life.

Put down a hundy to reserve my spot in line for one of these. Probably won't end up pulling the trigger as a year plus is a long time to wait, but we shall see. But I like the concept and the range on the battery will handle about 90% of my driving needs.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/07/busin...ger/index.html
    I too am intrigued - definitely more appealing than a full electric. I am a few years out from a new truck but after they work out the bugs on the first year I intend on checking it out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I threw my lot in with a deposit on the 2024 hybrid Taco. More traditional hybrid than the Dodge, 2.4 l I4 engine seems to be doing well for the Tundra/Sequoia. Supposed to start shipping in April. we'll see.

Didn't spring for the Trailcunter, though.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    I threw my lot in with a deposit on the 2024 hybrid Taco. More traditional hybrid than the Dodge, 2.4 l I4 engine seems to be doing well for the Tundra/Sequoia. Supposed to start shipping in April. we'll see.

Didn't spring for the Trailcunter, though.
    What's the MPG on that Taco hybrid? I couldn't find any info on it. Just speculation. Wonder why Toyota is being so hush-hush about the numbers?

What I like about the Rmacharger is the range on the battery. I won't hardly ever need to put gas in it for the majority of my driving.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    If it's anything like the jeep e-wrangler it'll be a total POS.
    e-jeep was the worst driving experience I have ever had in my life.
    You realize that this is a series electric? Like a diesel electric locomotive? https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...harger-towing/

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    You realize that this is a series electric? Like a diesel electric locomotive? https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...harger-towing/
    No. It was just a free association to how terrible its cousin is.

No doubt on paper the 100+ mile range and power looks excellent.

Anyone adjust the extension of their older Ford towing mirrors? Mine looks like they can extend in or out but I can't find any info online on how to do it - if I just yank/push on it or have to take it apart to adjust it. Pushing on it hasn't worked but I don't want to try too hard in case it's not the way to do it.

Mine look somewhat like these, which are clearly adjustable: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fit-Syst...-70F/304821792

Those aftermarket mirrors, are OEM Ford mirrors extendable? Are mine aftermarkets or Ford EOM? Not sure except that mine didn't come with the vehicle, but I don't know where the 'new' mirrors came from.

The mirrors in my 03 doors just pulled straight out. They even had marks on the stem so that you could set both sides at the same distance is you wanted
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Anyone adjust the extension of their older Ford towing mirrors? Mine looks like they can extend in or out but I can't find any info online on how to do it - if I just yank/push on it or have to take it apart to adjust it. Pushing on it hasn't worked but I don't want to try too hard in case it's not the way to do it.

Mine look somewhat like these, which are clearly adjustable: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fit-Syst...-70F/304821792

Those aftermarket mirrors, are OEM Ford mirrors extendable? Are mine aftermarkets or Ford EOM? Not sure except that mine didn't come with the vehicle, but I don't know where the 'new' mirrors came from.
    What cruiser said. The OEM version on the superduties just pull out/push in. No button or other release. Never seen the aftermarket ones you found at Home Depot so can’t speak to those. The OEM are much more square from my recollection.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    What cruiser said. The OEM version on the superduties just pull out/push in. No button or other release. Never seen the aftermarket ones you found at Home Depot so can’t speak to those. The OEM are much more square from my recollection.
    Makes sense they would push in/out but mine are fully extended and won't budge inwards. I'll get a soft mallet and try tapping them in, thanks.

I know mine would be kinda hard to move so I would lean against them with my chest to push them back in and pull with both hands to take em out cuz the truck was not new and the plastics were getting kinda brittle in places. But, in the interest of identifying them as oem, they def had marks on the top of the lower stem to show how far they were extended.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

What's the MPG on that Taco hybrid? I couldn't find any info on it. Just speculation. Wonder why Toyota is being so hush-hush about the numbers?
    No specs released thus far. They don't even have the builder on Toyota's website up; even the dealers are unaware at the moment what finalized pricing, available packages, etc. will look like. Someone leaked the Toyota Canada builder options, but who knows what all will translate to the US market. ~25 mpg is the speculation I have been seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Again, this is a series hybrid. Look it up. ~690 mile range with a full charge + a tank of gas.
    Montani Semper Liberi

What I like about the Rmacharger is the range on the battery. I won't hardly ever need to put gas in it for the majority of my driving.
    The next gen Landcruiser has a similar powertrain and is rated at 27 mpg. I bet the 2024 Taco hybrid will be somewhere around there.

The next gen Taco will be there on paper, but pretty much everyone is going to remove the massive front spoiler on them and the mpgs will drop pretty significantly as a result.

The new Ramcharger gets rid of all the bullshit of EV's that are preventing full adoption, but none the less provides 95% of the benefit. Why these are not being pushed harder by other manufacturers is mind boggling to me.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    The next gen Taco will be there on paper, but pretty much everyone is going to remove the massive front spoiler on them and the mpgs will drop pretty significantly as a result.

The new Ramcharger gets rid of all the bullshit of EV's that are preventing full adoption, but none the less provides 95% of the benefit. Why these are not being pushed harder by other manufacturers is mind boggling to me.
    Don't forget the further mpg drop when you spec it with optional 33s from the factory.

Wonder if this viral Cybertruck vid will depress Tesla’s stock price ?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cze4U...hhZWM5NmIwOQ==

Truck is dialed for winter. If any SLC mags need suspension repair or other work on their 4wd beast, look no further than Impulse Off-Road and RLT Suspension. 100% professional, knowledgeable and straightforward.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4047.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	405.3 KB 
ID:	475817
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Wonder if this viral Cybertruck vid will depress Tesla’s stock price ?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cze4U...hhZWM5NmIwOQ==
    I doubt it. I would say the weight of the vehicle and the tires are the two biggest issues with this truck. But it will be interesting to see what the sales look like for this truck as other EV trucks hit the market in 2024.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Don't forget the further mpg drop when you spec it with optional 33s from the factory.
    It's pretty incredible how much the front air dam affects MPG.

Yea, so with the air dam and larger/more aggressive meats you're probably looking at a realistic ~22mpg. For reference my 2009 gets about 19mph mixed hwy/city.

That being said, for those keeping things stock a 5-6mpg increase is pretty decent.

Saw this years ago on Jay Leno's Garage.

Looks like they improved the batteries, but pretty much otherwise, the same concept.

Always thought this was a more logical answer. Glad to see they are moving forward with it.

Recent promotion came with an upgraded work rig.

Gone 2016 F150 XL Reg Cab
    Hello 2023 F150 XLT Crew

Unfortunately corporate still won’t spring for 4x….

I’ve always been a hater of the crew-cab short-bed; but after a month of commuting and doing the daycare pickup in this thing; while still getting truck stuff done on the job… I guess I understand. (Although I would be commuting in a euro wagon if it was my money).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1699889100.813745.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	171.7 KB 
ID:	476087

Photo taken before the company goons chased me down and decal’ed it….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Saw this years ago on Jay Leno's Garage.

Looks like they improved the batteries, but pretty much otherwise, the same concept.

Always thought this was a more logical answer. Glad to see they are moving forward with it.
    It seems like this should have had more R&D behind it as that next step toward all BEV.

I keep reading more and more articles about the next gen of EV/hybrid pickup trucks coming out over the next 2 years. Hopefully that equates to more supply, more comp and better pricing.

That Leno video was kinda frustrating. Pretty much any electric motor delivers off the line torque that is hard for a gasser to emulate, but he says ‘drives just like a gas’. He also raved about the low noise but didn’t say ‘hey let’s drive another 30 miles so I can hear how much noise the V6 adds.’ The world of electric motors has spurred all kinds of 4wd layouts, from one motor to 4 depending on price point etc, but he asks zero questions about that

That Leno video was kinda frustrating. Pretty much any electric motor delivers off the line torque that is hard for a gasser to emulate, but he says ‘drives just like a gas’. He also raved about the low noise but didn’t say ‘hey let’s drive another 30 miles so I can hear how much noise the V6 adds.’ The world of electric motors has spurred all kinds of 4wd layouts, from one motor to 4 depending on price point etc, but he asks zero questions about that
    11 years ago, nobody gave a shit about the practical stuff.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.