Check Out Our Shop

BCA cylinder help

How do I get the top off? It says to fly you have to remove the top, I can't get this thing off to save my life..
    @EdgeLinkJohn

there are two allens on the top if that is what youre tying to remove. also this probably should be in tech talk

I'm trying to remove the regulator. That does not do it.
    @EdgeLinkJohn

Tech talk, jong...?

But that's a purdy geetar in your avatar!

Thanks- I knew it might get more views here as I leave tomorrow.
    @EdgeLinkJohn

Just unscrew it. Make sure the thing is empty first though

I took out the top screws and the back brass screw. it feels like the regulator is about to break as i try to unscrew. I will have to stop into the shop early throw it in a vice. Maybe because it has never been taken off before the seal is so tight.

If anyone knows how to move this to tech talk.. feel free...
    @EdgeLinkJohn

Are you sure there's not any air left in it? All the ones I've messed with unscrewed pretty easily; no tools required.

lefty loosey righty tighty

Definitely discharge the thing before you unscrew it. But yea, it should just unscrew no tools necessary.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Thanks.. Yeah all air is out
    @EdgeLinkJohn

I have been cranking this thing and it won't move.
    @EdgeLinkJohn

ask your girlfriend to help....

But it really should pull right out with the screws off. Does it "spin" once the Allen screws are out?

The allen screws have nothing to do with it. Use a vice if needed and pull the plastic top off to get a wrench around it.
    Drive slow, homie.

Z---- thanks. Once I unscrewed everything I realized they have nothing to do with. Someone else I know said the same thing as you, remove the plastic, vice and wrench. But you do have to remove the valve to get the plastic off.

I hope it's only this difficult because it's a new cylinder as I have to take it off to get home.
    @EdgeLinkJohn

Mine was difficult to remove from the factory as well. Take the brass screw off the back, place regulator in vice, it'll come off. I guess you could get a strap wrench if you and a buddy can't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    lefty loosey righty tighty
    karma bit me for this post, mine has always unscrewed very easily, but while traveling couldn't get mine unscrewed just before checking into flight. Tossed it in my boot in checked bag and got lucky that TSA didn't take it. Buddy also couldn't get his unscrewed, and couldn't get it in his carry on, so had to mail. Seemed odd, perhaps the filling people did something? Vice while on trip isn't an option, so now have to pack wrench?

Not as if this is a good idea....But I got through security at logan twice just be removing the top screws, taking the pin out and showing them it was empty on the dial. You can look into the cylinder once you get the pin out. Never even thought to remove the entire regulator.

Both times I carried it on, and put it in a bin all alone to show I clearly wasnt trying to hide it.

^^^friend tried that, but TSA in BOI said he had to look into it and couldn't see in small hole. I think airports that don't see them often you could get them on full, but when they know what they are, TSA makes it a pita.