TR: Silver Fork, Days Fork & Flagstaff 4-30-05 ... pix + vid

Last Saturday the day started out stormy as Powho and I made our way up Grizzly Gulch headin' for Silver Fork. Then as we made our way over to Day's Fork clouds started to thin and by the time we were coming down Flagstaff it was down right blue b baby (PowHo and I both got the sunburns to prove it)

Ho skinnin'

Ho splittin' trees

Ho doing his best to get a faceshot in the 2" on firm in lower Silver Fork

Me gettin' the goods in Day's Fork in lower Jaws after some fun up high (see vid and take note now of how far sluff-a-lanche ran to my right) I didn't nail the line like I wanted up high cause the friggin' wind blew pow in my face and I couldn't see the cliff. It will go down just as I want later this week after a fresh coat of paint.

Happy Gilmore glad he's got no more "up" for the day

Untouched Day's Fork from Flaggstaff Falsy (just for you Powstash; also got something xtra special for ya in the vid )

Toledo Bowl yummies

A man and his tracks (my favorite shot of the day). Machingly good!!!

Ho the "Drift Slayer" with Baldy and High Boy in the background. Note the perfect PSIA placement of his hands Z would be proud

Ho starting the walk of shame. All I heard as he rounded the tree was "click" (utto, that can't be good) then I saw the Ho Show come flying into the gulley tomahawking head over heels (ouch, I hope he's alright - but damn that's funny ) then I saw his other ski go shooting down the gulley renegade stlylie (note where it is in the pic) He was pissed at first, but then smiled. I knew it was okay then to let the burst of laughter out of my mouth that was just about to explode my gut

Ho reaching his ski. All he said the whole time was "heh, my ski is in the exact same place as when I ejected". I was doubled over in the snow laughing so hard I about peed my pants.

Then I skied around the tree and saw his tracks and started laughing again. Note the coolio pre-jump to windrift jib to tomahawking head plants

Overall a friggin' super sweet day with a good buddy and damn near nobody else out - 'cept WRA - who we saw on our way down from head of Grizz Cat-track. Wind was giving us nice deposited freshies by the end of the day that were just shallow enough to do so, but not create too much of a problem from a slide standpoint.

Enjoy the vid. It is my first quick editing work with my new kick ass Nikon 5200. Editing will get better on the next few pieces of work. I purposely left the sound as is so you could here the snow falling, the wind ripping, the stoke and Powstash's Special Surprise

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/parsefiles...me=4_30_05.mov

p.s. Phunk, feel free to download vid from een and host on your site
    Last edited by Xover; 05-02-2005 at 01:03 PM.
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Nice X!

We were across the street finding goodies up around Rocky Point.

good to see some photos along with your stoke. sure wish you had that camera back when 1st chair on Wildcat was the stoke you were spewing.

edit - nice PC turns. LOL! Next time we get out, I'm gonna straightline something just to show you I can pull out some "Alta" style
    Last edited by powstash; 05-02-2005 at 05:11 PM.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

... almost forgot; thanx Z!!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"