Suddenly, pow (to skin) in verbier

after days of rain and crud before easter, a bit of decent snow fell in verb. We made a group of 5 (Nicolas as a guide, he , Albe, Astri and Junior) to skin somewhere toward the Rosablanche (about 3300, a classic peak back of the mont fort). Junior sadly gave up (maybe too much chocolate eggs the day before, he created vomiting in the jumbo lift, but quickly recovered in the afternoon )

This was the gate to the Rosablanche area: col de la chaux, entrance at 2706 and pass at 2940.... someone already proceeded us, but pow was still OK

Skin in!

Clouds out!

Let's go..... They were immediately much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much FASTER than me I'm too old and jackass..... despite my light light light skis (BROs)

no words to say how gorgeous it was after the pass

and how smashed I was to skin again up to 3003 (col du momin)

Last edited by verbier61; 03-31-2005 at 02:09 AM.

OK I still do not know how I did it, but I did it..... skin off! and quickly 'cuz clouds were near by

no more time for pics...... just pow from 3003 to 2187 (barrage du lac du cleuson). Junkie tracks (obviously) were mine...... I could barely stand on my legs after skinning

I couldn't stand on my legs after skinning again a bit to the dam.... Nicolas was looking at me as a desperate case

Last edited by verbier61; 03-31-2005 at 02:34 AM.

Looks like you earned it.
    Nice pics.
    Stay high, the snow is there.

Last night snow fell to 1800m. Clouds today will preserve its goodness.
    Get it while you can.
    Ski, Bike, Climb.
    Resistence is futile.

nice TR
    btw that is the only reason i don't do any touring. it's sooo haard to earn your descent
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.