Check Out Our Shop

Blew out the ski / walk mode switch of my BD Factors!

Ok, I know I've heard mumblings about people breaking the ski/walk mode on BD Factors in the past. However, I couldn't seem to find any decent information by searching.

Has anyone else had this problem? How easy was it it resolve or get parts from BD? I think my boots are '08 models.

I've already contacted Black Diamond. However, I obviously need to fix this problem ASAP before it starts eating into ski days. So I'm trying to cast a wide net!

Thanks doods!

Mine broke on the first year's model. I also had a lot of buckles break also, incidentally. I think BD sent me a replacement, although I did a ski trip to SLC that year and may have picked it up locally. BD has an awesome warranty department IME, so give them a call.

I exploded the walk modes in mine (first year model) and I had replacement parts in my hands a couple days after contacting BD.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Give their warranty department a call. I busted the zipper on a pack and brought it to headquarters. The had a new one shipped from the warehouse the next day no questions asked.

Thanks. I will call them!

Most shops that carry BD gear should have a bunch of extras. Give them a call. I have a few I could send, but shipping would be a pain.

Email their warranty department with your boot size. Had the same happen to me and had a replacement in two days.

Wow, you guys were right!

Black Diamond coming through in the clutch! They got back to me really fast with the right parts plus extras, just in case.

Why can't all companies treat their customers like that?

Quote Originally Posted by smolakian View Post
    Wow, you guys were right!

Black Diamond coming through in the clutch! They got back to me really fast with the right parts plus extras, just in case.

Why can't all companies treat their customers like that?
    It's probably related to the reason that people don't contact the company before they post complaints on the internet..

in america everything is a conspiracy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I was able to get replacement parts from Bent Gate, at the time they had a few pairs parts shells in the back.