Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post
    jamespio's items 1-4 are all commonplace in the union construction industry where "safety" is the buzzword du-jour. Everyone in my company, including management, is subject to random testing.

The threshold for THC content in the blood must be somewhere above zero for it to cause a test to fail as I've been tested not long after smoking small amounts and passed. Keep in mind that I'm a total lightweight and rarely smoke so a few hits off a pipe after a month or two of not smoking at all two or three days before a test isn't likely to leave much accumulation in my body.
    Yeah, I'm still pissed that the trades unions have given in on all this shit.

As to THC, the test reveals the presence of particular metabolites that are caused by THC (whether they might also be caused by other substances is subject to debate). Most testers set a threshold of 15nanograms of metabolite per 1 ml urine as a "positive." That means that once your system has fallen below 15ng/ml, you'll be rported clean even though there is evidence of THC use.

My employer is under a budget crunch due to the sequester so it wouldn't surprise me if they're doing this to save a % on workman's comp as Conundrum says.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    I get your point, but I'd sure like to know what state would award $10,000,000 on a workers' comp claim. In Idaho, the maximum award for a death is around $150,000.
    Workers Comp may limit the awards, but of course if there is another injury or mistake (client, patient, customer or whatever) and law suit could easily result in a mufti-million dollar award for having some drunk or drugged out employee screw up.

Exactly^^ logicaly speaking its ok to be a functioning alcoholic or do that hard stuff that flushes out of your system really quick cuz the piss test won't pick it up ...only the hair test

SO you can party on the hard stuff on your rotation out of camp no problem never mind that its way worse for ya, or be more or less sober in the am ...you will be just fine

but smoke that odd reefer 3 weeks ago ... no way
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    I get your point, but I'd sure like to know what state would award $10,000,000 on a workers' comp claim. In Idaho, the maximum award for a death is around $150,000.
    This sounds morbid, but death is cheaper to pay out than hospital bills, surgeries, pain and suffering, lost wages (past and future), permanent disability, OSHA citations, etc. Everything that gets piled on when employers don't have this kind of policy counts.

Ten million was a just a big number I threw out there, but injury cases going into the millions is not uncommon. Just call Saul and ask for some testimonials.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Most of us are OK with this policy, if a bit leery that it will become random.

I know there are diverters in my midst and I want them to get help or GTFO. Would you want your loved one being injected with IV drugs while under the influence? I'd bet not.

If anything I think it legitimizes (even more) the union's #1 priority - patient safety.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

They just want the insurance discount. Seriously. It's mostly to catch people who are actively stoned at work and causing accidents or tipping a few back during lunch. By documenting as policy, they're allowed to immediately drug test in an accident situation and deny claims if someone was drunk at work.
    If it's something minor they probably won't even pay to test you, and even in they do, you'll go to counseling as Jamespio said. Just don't be involved in a fatal or a major lost time claim.

This thread causes me recall the time the forklift truck driver for our factory sub-assembly area confided that he had been given his Iron Horseman MC colors that morning. He celebrated by dropping acid in the parking lot before coming in to work and that things were looking strange. I told him to find someplace in the factory and disappear. The rest of the story is legend.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.