Check Out Our Shop
Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2014

Red Sox fans still watching. Good for you.

2 walkoffs in 2 days. They're getting ready to ownerize the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by roark View Post
    Red Sox fans still watching. Good for you.
    Every time I get ready to write them off, they have some flash of the great ball they played last year and suck me back in.

So, in the past three weeks, the Sox have had four challenges with two outs in the ninth inning and they have lost every single one of them. Three games ended on the challenges and one got sent to extras where the Sox barely won. IMO at least two should have gone the Sox's way. The other two were close, 50/50 type calls. Generally replay has gotten better as the season wears on, but not these calls.

It seems clear to me that having New Yorkers decide the fate of the Red Sox is going to be a huge problem.

I think the huge problem is the general state of the Red Sox offense. Fact of the matter, if it wasn't a AAA* team out there, those decisions would never even had to happen.

*Not the fact that half the team just came up, but the way everyone is playing.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    I think the huge problem is the general state of the Red Sox offense. Fact of the matter, if it wasn't a AAA* team out there, those decisions would never even had to happen.

*Not the fact that half the team just came up, but the way everyone is playing.
    It's a lot more satisfying to just blame it on Yankees fans

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    So, in the past three weeks, the Sox have had four challenges with two outs in the ninth inning and they have lost every single one of them. Three games ended on the challenges and one got sent to extras where the Sox barely won. IMO at least two should have gone the Sox's way. The other two were close, 50/50 type calls. Generally replay has gotten better as the season wears on, but not these calls.

It seems clear to me that having New Yorkers decide the fate of the Red Sox is going to be a huge problem.
    I haven't payed attention to these particular calls, but replays have been consistent all season: it has to be an obvious thing to overturn. If the ump made a reasonable in the moment - but wrong - call, it ain't changing.

I haven't payed attention to these particular calls, but replays have been consistent all season: it has to be an obvious thing to overturn. If the ump made a reasonable in the moment - but wrong - call, it ain't changing.
    If they're not going to overturn obviously wrong calls, than what is the fucking point?

If they're not going to overturn obviously wrong calls, than what is the fucking point?
    Agreed. I think they should look at the play and call it out, safe or inconclusive, and not even know what the call was on the field.

At least in NL games I've warched they've been conservative in reversing calls under review. But it could be good to set a tough precedent so it's not overused.

That said I've been frustrated at times with review in general, just think it's a net positive.

Go Nats

Reading comprehension fail.

Reading comprehension fail.
    Bold the last sentence....

This one was overturned and to me it's still inconclusive: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/cws/...&vkey=news_cws

how do you overturn that?

Exactly. The close ones have gone against the Sox at the end of the games all year, unlike most calls that have seemed fairly level otherwise. That one could have cost them the game, and it cost Koji a save. Fuckers.

2:18, the pitchers foot is still up and Ramirez was on the bag. Or, worst case: tie goes to the runner. Do you have some other video to prove the conspiracy against the sox?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

"Tie goes to the runner" is little league, not MLB. Dude was called out, and various angles show it diferently enough that I see no way to overturn that call. If he was called safe it would be the same deal. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy, I'm saying they never should have overturned that particular call.

I hadn't seen that one, kinda surprised it got overturned - the runner maybe has one frame ahead. So yes sox fans, Joe Torre hates you :P

I'm more concerned about replay in general than a pattern of the Sox getting screwed. I watched that game and it took a long time for that decision to come down and they replayed it about 50 times. From the 3rd base camera he looked safe. From the camera by the Sox dugout he looked just as clearly out. They didn't show that one much on the mlb clip. It was clearly inconconclusive. The call on the field should stand. If they start monkeying around beyond that it's a door to trouble and conspiracy theories and distrust and in this instance that's what happened imo.

Hugh Conway Guest
    than what is the fucking point?
    play to PR and give people something to talk about, same reason most things are done now. it's the new normal.

Just sat down and turned on the tv. The Home Derby is still going on!?! (11:30edst)

Fuck I can't stand Berman's back, back, back... All night long. It's as bad as a stutter.

ETA: I'm predicting that toolbag says "DOWN GOES FRASIER!" When Todd Frasier loses this final. Betting window is open.
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 07-14-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Exactly. The close ones have gone against the Sox at the end of the games all year.
    So, you're a Red Sox fan?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    pretty surprised the m's got 4 all-stars, not surprised felix is al starter.
    M's are legit, too bad the ALeast has to have a team in the postseason. Felix and Cano were shoe-ins, other two are injury replacements but still solid.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Just sat down and turned on the tv. The Home Derby is still going on!?! (11:30edst)

Fuck I can't stand Berman's back, back, back... All night long. It's as bad as a stutter.

ETA: I'm predicting that toolbag says "DOWN GOES FRASIER!" When Todd Frasier loses this final. Betting window is open.
    I can't even watch that shit anymore. It's a four hour commercial instead of something that used to be really fun to watch.

IMO it should be 8 guys in a head to head bracket. 5 alternating swings each round, penalty kicks style.

Good call starting Wainwright over Kershaw.
    I still call it The Jake.

nice job pulling felix for les-suckster farrell. At least the AL offense is making up for it now.