Check Out Our Shop

Hemispherical Fishseye for research project

Until now i had never thought of getting a fisheye but a research project that i am doing requires a fisheye that can capture a whole hemisphere or very near. From what i read 8mm or lower should do the trick right? I got a 5d Mark ii so what brands would be the best being on a budget? Clarity is not as important as capturing the entire scene is.
    My Montana has an East Infection

This review on B and H made me question if this lens will work for me. What does the image look like on you 4/3?

"I purchased this lens based on the description which indicates it produces a full circular image on a full frame sensor - it does not! I does produce reasonably sharp images but the image on a full frame sensor is an irregular shape which occupies only a portion of the area covered by the sensor. Otherwise, I would have rated it 4 stars for optical and mechanical quality."
    My Montana has an East Infection

You want a 15mm for a full frame body, 8mm is for crop bodies.
    The canon and sigma are both nice, there are some vintage options that are cheap and not as nice

We used a camera with a fisheye lense on the "juveniles in the understorey" project at the Bulkley Valley Research Center

We did > 1100 sample trees, Sample/measure the tree, mount the camera on a tripod over the trunk , take a picture of the canopy and download it into a program to calculate % of light

we also had a dirt guy typed the soils

I was doing just the sampling and another tech or the superviser was doing all the picts but I could put you on to that supervising researcher
    Last edited by XXX-er; 09-04-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know