Check Out Our Shop
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1324
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post

I ordered a carbon FATe off eBay three years ago, just before QuietKat started importing their Jeep clone.
    I put studded 45North Wrathchilds on it and I hardly ride the pedal fatty anymore.

https://quietkat.com/pages/the-jeep-...ed-by-quietkat
    Does having a fat bike be electric work even better for a fat bike than a regular mtb just because there is generally much more friction to overcome, so you have to pedal more of the time on more terrain? Also I imagine they are less nimble to begin with, so you are losing less there by adding weight...

That ^^ would be fucking heavy no rear suspensionbut lets say 37 lbs + 20 for motor & Battery so probably at least 60 lbs? but the motor would be nice

so you could go faster, might want the suspension fork & hydralic brakes ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I always thought a fatty ebike would be ideal breaking trail in 3-5" or so. That has always been the most difficult, yet possibly the most fun of riding fatties. Fresh tracks!

Rolled my 1st fattie of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Rolled my 1st fattie of the season.

Nice…. Looking good!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm scared of the upcoming El Nino and thing I should diversify my winter activities and am considering jumping on the fat bike train. Does anyone have any opinions on a 2019 Norco Bigfoot. Seems like a decent bike for $900 since it's got upgraded hydraulic brakes. I am pretty bike knowledgeable but am not up on the pros/cons of QR wheels or similar.

Are you fat? Do you like it? What would you do different next time?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    I'm scared of the upcoming El Nino and thing I should diversify my winter activities and am considering jumping on the fat bike train. Does anyone have any opinions on a 2019 Norco Bigfoot. Seems like a decent bike for $900 since it's got upgraded hydraulic brakes. I am pretty bike knowledgeable but am not up on the pros/cons of QR wheels or similar.
    Are you planning on riding the groomed for fat bike trails here? If so, it almost doesn’t matter what the hell bike you have. Also, it almost doesn’t matter what light you have, you don’t need that much light. It’s kind of funny.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1701113928.188268.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	477526
    Also, it’s still early to worry about snow. Since ‘91 the ski camp they had at Sun Mountain around December 15 has only been canceled once and we still skied right after that.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

yeah I got the Big Foot, 900 seems like a good price, I think the cheapest version was 1500 new, single chain ring right ?

IME the speeds aren't all that high on a Fat bike so the cable brakes are fine

Norco is kind of a made-in-BC brand
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Norco's check almost all the boxes, 2019 is good. Only drawback is no internal cable routing (is that bad?), and 9mm QR in rear, but fronts are thru axle. My wife has a 2019, 11sp (which is fine).

They had a 1S (front suspension), 1, 2, and 3 in their model lineup. I think the 3 has cable brakes, but the 2-1 is SRAM hydraulic.

It's a good bike.

I picked up a Bigfoot 3 on sale this weekend. In my experience fatbikes are really about slow cruising and just being outside. Cable brakes don’t bother me at this stage.

In case anyone wants something nicer. I’m motivated to sell this thing.

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3769382/
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    In case anyone wants something nicer. I’m motivated to sell this thing.

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3769382/
    What thing might that be??

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    What thing might that be??

Second round and final sample from the factory, 100% a production bike but the name got changed for reasons I don’t understand. We even did a photo shoot with the Skadi name. Good geo, sweet bike honestly I just don’t fat bike.

https://eskercycles.com/products/walden-ti-frame
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Second round and final sample from the factory, 100% a production bike but the name got changed for reasons I don’t understand. We even did a photo shoot with the Skadi name. Good geo, sweet bike honestly I just don’t fat bike.

https://eskercycles.com/products/walden-ti-frame
    That is a nice looking bike….

^that looks like a lot of fun

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1704679021.996748.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	482068
    Finally converted my ICT to tubeless, and set up 45NRTH Flowbeist/Dunderbeist 4.8.
    I’ve been running 3.8 Surly Lou, and the bigger meats feel awesome. Rode through the storm across town to grab some beers at the brewery. Peak human performance.

Fresh cord.

Noice!
    watch out for snakes

Been running the Flow/Dunder combo for a while now, tubeless on carbon rims, very satisfied.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Was out on Sunday and got a few km in. I'm running a shimano mid drive so new snow is not so painful. The problem with a mid drive fat bike is that you put down a shit ton of torque. I smashed my pawls again. I did it last year and noticed only half the pawls broke so I found some slightly different ones that sat on the teeth a bit more. Not enough more I guess. My hub is a cheap ass Quanta hub so I figure it's time to chuck it in the trash.

Anyone have a recommendation for 197mm hub with 12mm axle?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Was out on Sunday and got a few km in. I'm running a shimano mid drive so new snow is not so painful. The problem with a mid drive fat bike is that you put down a shit ton of torque. I smashed my pawls again. I did it last year and noticed only half the pawls broke so I found some slightly different ones that sat on the teeth a bit more. Not enough more I guess. My hub is a cheap ass Quanta hub so I figure it's time to chuck it in the trash.

Anyone have a recommendation for 197mm hub with 12mm axle?
    I've been running a Hope Fatsno for about 4k miles, winter only. I'm embarrassed to say I think it's been apart once for maintenance.

PSA for a good deal off ebay for D5 and D4 tires both fully studed for $150

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235324405535
    watch out for snakes

I found 2 suitable pawls of 3 required. Gonna slap it back together and go ride that fucker until it explodes again. I found a couple star ratchet options DT Swiss 350 and Wren. The wren is designed to ride behind a mid drive motor. It a bit heavier 90g and a bit cheaper than the DTS. I saw some reviews by people running it behind a 5000W mid drive so it should hold up to a measly 250W shitmano.

54° - January 29th. This shit is weird.