Check Out Our Shop

Long shot here... Want to rent a beach house in Southern California in July

It's summer and no more skiing until the cold months. I am going to visit a buddy in California and we want to mountain bike souther Cali but be close to the beach (he is in northern california). Looking to rent July 3-7 or 8th. Pm me with details if you have a vacation spot that you want to make a few bucks on. We will respect the property and any neighbors and leave it how we got it. If you have boat access, we will surely pay a premium. Have cash and/or could leave some ski gear behind if desired a trade. I know it's a long shot here and may take some flack, but people are selling cars on here, so if that works, I figure this might.
    Sent via care package with protective strafe run

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Have you tried checking out vrbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Have you tried checking out vrbo?
    I didn't know about that site until now. Any experience with it? I know Craigslist has a lot of scam properties, that's why cl is being avoided.

All good experiences with VRBO. Used it half a dozen times. It's killer for things like bachelor parties. Did South Lake Tahoe (mansion that slept 16), Austin, and my bachelor party in Bend through VRBO.

Prices will be higher in your timeframe in OC/San Diego. Be aware of that. If you want easy access to party scene, I'd go for a place on the Peninsula in Newport Beach or Pacific Beach in San Diego.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

VRBO is the shit. Used that for my vacation in Hawaii back in February and for last weekend for a trip to the Oregon Coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Skiing without poles is like getting a blow job from a guy. It feels great till you look down and realize you're gay.

Yeah VRBO is your best bet. Although you can get some good last minute deals on Craigslist, you will have to sift through a lot of crap to find that gem.

Awesome, I'll start checking it out there.

Also try air bnb.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    My parents use vrbo to rent their summer cottage in Maine and as far as I know have never had problems

we've had good luck with both VRBO and Homeaway

That time frame is the most wanted of the year.
    You will be paying top dollar as all of Southern California has the same idea/go to the beach.
    Don`t wait to long to book and have a great time.The 4th of July on the sand is incredible.

I also vote for airbnb.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    That time frame is the most wanted of the year.
    You will be paying top dollar as all of Southern California has the same idea/go to the beach.
    Don`t wait to long to book and have a great time.The 4th of July on the sand is incredible.
    Yeah I'm running into the fact that everything on vrbo except the $8k and higher a week is booked up. I will find something though.

+1 for VRBO.

Rented about a dozen properties through the site and never a problem. All have been north coast region.

Kingsskier, your PM inbox is full. I was PM'ing you about something else, but figured I'd bump this for ya in the meantime.