Page 1848 of 1855 FirstFirst ... 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 ... LastLast
Results 46,176 to 46,200 of 46351
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Cereal still not coming in ziplock bags. Why is Big Cereal ignoring this obvious improvement?!
    Montucky must be too busy to let you know that is a deliberate conspiracy by BIG CEREAL to make the cereal to go stale as soon as possible.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Lettuce in the bottom of the guacamole bowl should be outlawed.
    +1. But that’s an easy one.

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    Montucky must be too busy to let you know that is a deliberate conspiracy by BIG CEREAL to make the cereal to go stale as soon as possible.
    LOL.

Our ISP has had an area outage for 10 days.
    F centurylink.

smell of someone burning leaves on a windy spring day

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A lot of meat and fish now comes sealed with zero air space, which is great for quality but tough to open without cutting into the food.

The worst is when a package is supposedly designed to be easy to open--like the Coscto smoked salmon I opened yesterday--but the execution failed. So you spend time trying to open it the "easy" way and getting frustrated instead of just getting a scissors, saw or axe.
    flexible knife and put it flat on a cutting board and only cut a little ways in. Skill issue here

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    flexible knife and put it flat on a cutting board and only cut a little ways in. Skill issue here
    You're missing the point. You shouldn't have to filet the packaging to get at the fish

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You're missing the point. You shouldn't have to filet the packaging to get at the fish
    You dumb fuck if you buy previously frozen fish and meat it’s better vacuum sealed, so is most of any major chain shit. If you don’t want it vac sealed spend the money for the good shit from a good market.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    "Rehab" shows where people rehab old houses by gutting them to the studs. Why don't those assholes just buy a tract house with some nice gray lvp?
    We used to be big fans of This Old House. Now, most of the projects are high end gut jobs. They did a nice job rehabbing a house in central Detroit a couple of blocks from the house I was a baby in but other than that, no. I watch because I still learn a lot but most of what I learn I couldn't afford if I want to update our house. (Anyone want to replace an asbestos covered gravity furnace with asbestos covered ducts with a heat pump?)

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    You dumb fuck if you buy previously frozen fish and meat it’s better vacuum sealed, so is most of any major chain shit. If you don’t want it vac sealed spend the money for the good shit from a good market.
    The annoyance is not with the packaging. It is with our incompetence in opening it. BTW--the best seafood is mostly frozen onboard ship, vacuum sealed frozen, and sold in (ziploc-style) plastic bags. I almost never buy the "fresh" fish in styrofoam trays wrapped in saran wrap. Maybe if you live someplace where you can buy fish that's right off the boat, but otherwise, stick to the excessively packaged frozen stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    That’s annoying? You give a fuck about that?
    Yeah, when my wife cuts the bags so low that half of the cereal ends up in the box!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Thread Title is appropriate…

Four hours of sleeps…so I stumble to the can…and step in a fairly large volume of cat diarrhea.
    Good Morning!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Yeah, when my wife cuts the bags so low that half of the cereal ends up in the box!
    Okay, I think this belongs in the “I love my wife, but…” thread.

At least it was on a floor and not on and in your shoes. Or the jeans you left on the floor beside the bed the night before.

My better half is going to go back to college to make a career change. Wildlife bio, she know's what she's getting into as I'm in a related field and some of our closest friends are biologists.

She told her mom over the phone last night and her mom's response was a confused "why?" followed by "you'll have to clean toilets" WTAF? and then no other discussion about it. WTF?

This was about an hour after my wife told me she's not looking forward to telling her coworkers because she doesn't want to deal with their smart ass comments about her going to school, to which I said fuck that, cut those petty fucks out of your life then if they don't offer you support.

Granted I'm sure her mom will come around but god damn, not the reaction my wife needed to hear.

Big O Tires annoys me.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Big O Tires annoys me.
    Their franchises seem to be hit or miss. The one I go to here in Boise is great, but then there is another one in Boise that isn't very well run.

This thread should have been called, old men whining.
    Take a Nap, Whiners.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Take a Nap, Whiners.
    Groundskeeper,fuck off to florida

The annoyance is not with the packaging. It is with our incompetence in opening it. BTW--the best seafood is mostly frozen onboard ship, vacuum sealed frozen, and sold in (ziploc-style) plastic bags. I almost never buy the "fresh" fish in styrofoam trays wrapped in saran wrap. Maybe if you live someplace where you can buy fish that's right off the boat, but otherwise, stick to the excessively packaged frozen stuff.
    so it’s a skill issue, thanks for telling me what i already said pompous old fuck

Did you ski this year little fella?
    Yeah, that’s what I thought.
    Go to Sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    crab in my shoe mouth

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    My wife does the scissors thing, but only just the little corner at the top. I suppose it's big enough for her to reach in with her little hands but not my big meat paws, so I tip the whole top off
    I went to some kind of house party years ago and some psycho cut the chip bag right across the middle. Half the chips on one side. Half on the other. And then laid on the counter. It was maybe a presentation thing? It looked like stale chips to me.

These people live among us and I’m not comfortable with that.

And all these vac sealed meat packages I open with a sharp knife on a cutting board, usually the one I just used for veggies, etc. Lay it flat and trim the sealed edges off right next to the meat. Which isn’t interesting… you guys are pretty much making a competitive sport out of “pick a position and be a dick about it.”
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Take a Nap, Whiners.
    Buttah--you do realize that you're the only one who actually takes this thread seriously, don't you? I can't imagine what it must be like to go through life with no sense of humor.

Buttah--you do realize that you're the only one who actually takes this thread seriously, don't you? I can't imagine what it must be like to go through life with no sense of humor.
    One interesting thing I’ve observed about people that don’t have a sense of humor is that they deny it. They just don’t see it.

You’re so fucking stale, every response is the same as the last one, take a nap, gramps. No sense of humor? You really have zero clue who I am.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    One interesting thing I’ve observed about people that don’t have a sense of humor is that they deny it. They just don’t see it.
    You appear to be spot-on, given the current evidence.

I work at a ski shop at a hill in Vermont, all we do is laugh at all the assholes from the city.
    crab in my shoe mouth