Check Out Our Shop
Page 1851 of 1857 FirstFirst ... 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 ... LastLast
Results 46,251 to 46,275 of 46419
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    It shouldnt annoy me as much as it does. I was and still am one of those people who loves an american flag themed anything, and i love flying the flag at my house. Meanwhile my wife is constantly mortified by it because she thinks it makes us look like MAGA republicans. It is such fucking bullshit that MAGA co-opted the american flag. Folks who are not MAGA trumpers should not take this laying down, and take back the sympbol of the american flag as a symbol for ALL americans, not just populist white nationals.
    Yup, agreed. It's my flag too.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    It shouldnt annoy me as much as it does. I was and still am one of those people who loves an american flag themed anything, and i love flying the flag at my house. Meanwhile my wife is constantly mortified by it because she thinks it makes us look like MAGA republicans. It is such fucking bullshit that MAGA co-opted the american flag. Folks who are not MAGA trumpers should not take this laying down, and take back the sympbol of the american flag as a symbol for ALL americans, not just populist white nationals.
    Invariably the flags sported by MAGAtards are cheap fuckin' Chinese shit (ironic, innit?) that is tattered and abused.

It's shameful and wholly disrespectful. And annoying that they have basically coopted the flag.

Fuck those morans.

The solution might be to fly the American flag while presenting something that makes it clear you are not a MAGA-moron, like also flying a rainbow flag or having a yard sign or something.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

As I have three passports, I've considered really fucking with people's heads and flying a Canadian, British and American flag in front of the house.

Biden-Harris yard sign would be a good choice.

Yep, don't fall for that shit...and tell your wife to quit worrying about what people think.

Not flying the stars and stripes because you are concerned about the image it sends? That's a problem.

It just perpetuates this culture war bullshit which is only as real as we allow.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

Just fly an American flag if you want to. If anyone thinks you must be a MAGA, who cares, they are overreacting and annoying people.

Well said CG.

Funny as hell and so true.

My buddy has a quasi business making magnetic things for cars (similar to rig strip, et al, but they were definitely first). He was playing around with dye sublimation and made an American flag version and gave it to me to pimp. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling sheepish about rocking it for the exact reason CG mentioned. Eventually said fuck it about a month ago and put it on the car again.

There's a local guy that has a big lifted pickup truck with a large American flag posted up on one corner of the bed, and a large rainbow flag on the other. A smattering of left leaning bumper stickers in case there's any remaining confusion. Pretty awesome, especially since this area is thick with lifted trucks flying trump flags.

And if you see a flag that is in tatters or otherwise flown with bad ettiquite, call the Legion or VFW.

Those dudes will usually come around and replace the flag.

The American flag is for ALL Americans. It's a pity that a certain segment of the American population has been brainwashed into thinking they should be afraid or ashamed of being associated with the American flag. It's not the "MAGA" supporters doing this to them.

The last several posts sound like a bunch of MAGAtard boomers ranting and seeking validation. Who cares what anyone thinks about the flags you fly?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I thought this was the "Shit that annoys you" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The last several posts sound like a bunch of MAGAtard boomers ranting and seeking validation. Who cares what anyone thinks about the flags you fly?

Are you talking to me?

I was referring to giving in to the idea that the American Flag represents a specific ideology.

To me, it is our national flag. No more. No less.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Just fly an American flag if you want to. If anyone thinks you must be a MAGA, who cares, they are overreacting and annoying people.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I thought this was the "Shit that annoys you" thread?
    Yep, and I even put the word 'annoying' in my comment about people who wring their hands about flying the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    ...fly the American flag while presenting something that makes it clear you are not a MAGA-moron, like also flying a rainbow flag
    My neighbors have a rainbow stars & stripes. I'm sure it would make the local maga apoplectic, but they seldom venture this far into town.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Are you talking to me?

I was referring to giving in to the idea that the American Flag represents a specific ideology.

To me, it is our national flag. No more. No less.

No, just the people that are worried someone will think that they’re conservative/MAGA/white nationalist. Who cares? Fly it or don’t it doesn’t matter.

The funny thing is that most of the jingoistic people AND the liberal types that fly the flag and worry about these things have never made any kind of sacrifice or performed any sort of national service.

Yep, and I even put the word 'annoying' in my comment about people who wring their hands about flying the flag.
    Seems like we're approaching some sort of "annoying" event horizon.

Someone's annoyed by something, someone else is annoyed they're annoyed, 1st person gets annoyed that someone is annoyed with them being annoyed...

Someone's annoyed by something, someone else is annoyed they're annoyed, 1st person gets annoyed that someone is annoyed with them being annoyed...

You know what’s annoying? Someone telling me I can’t be annoyed! I’ll be fucking annoyed if I want!

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Agreed Unicorn. And veterans like yourself is one reason I'll always have that opinion.

Same people don't put a moment of thought into what Memorial Day honors.

Wow, that's annoying.

Wow, that's annoying.
    As is your insistence on responding each time.

Closer...

As is your insistence on responding each time.

Closer...
    Shits getting weird - you win.

Shits getting weird - you win.
    Being annoyed shouldn't be a competition.