Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luffski's Ski Stompin' Stoke - A Season in Review

I'll keep this post short and sweet. Many said this season was lacking for snowfall in the Wasatch. I guess the main advantage of never seeing winter in the Wasatch is that I didn't have anything to muddy up the waters of opinion. This winter was epic by my standards.

About 90% of my fun times were a direct result of the TGR forums. I would have never pulled the trigger and moved out west without all of your encouragement. I wouldn't have had a place to stay (skifishbum,) gear to buy (ectreeskier, missiongravity,) any free skis or equipment to ride (skifishbum, splat, and others,) or any friends to hang out with when I rolled into town. Thanks maggots for a warm welcome to SLC and for making a guy feel at home. Thanks to all of you that skied with me this season. And of course, a special thanks to all of you who helped keep my stupid ass in check, especially at those times when I was making a total ass outta myself.

I learned a lot this season. A lot about snow, weather, skiing and myself. I learned how to make myself look like an asshole on the internet too. I learned that skiing isn't about being rad, but it's about the journey and how it shapes parts of your life. I feel like the luckiest guy alive to actually have had this come together. I feel blessed that I avoided serious injury for the time being and got more time on skis than I ever thought I would.

I wanted to highlight that Jon Wade and I have made our peace. We met up on the first high-boy party this year and were introduced through a mutual friend. While sharing a few drinks, we resolved our differences and I apologized for my behavior as a whole regarding the incident. I was glad to have that opportunity.

In closing, for all of you debating doing a "ski bum" season, get off your fat ass and do it. Don't ever look back. Don't let the brainwashing bullshit they teach you in school shape what you want to take away from your time on this Earth. I don't care what it is that makes you feel complete, drop everything and center your life around it. Just be smart and try to settle into a healthy lifestyle that lets you spend your time having fun. Don't be a slave to the system. Free yourself and go ski.

I figured since it's the heat of the summer, the board could use some stoke. I figured the trolls could also use some food. Here's my season recap:

Nice job Luff.

Great skiing with ya! Hope to get out there again...but w/ more snow!

-Smarty
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Great video man.

Look forward to making this season even better.

Glad you were able to get the lift line BS straightened out.
    Always nice to see skistoke during the summer Thanks...

Nice video. Fuck, it's still July.

So, did you ever figure out how there could be a singles line on a double chair?

Nice stoke. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something funky about your pole plant timing. I know this isn't epicski and nobody gives a shit about this stuff, but I think a proper lesson would be helpful now that you've got some skills and experience.

How many days did you get in?

I think a lot of people give a shit about pole planting. That's one of the single greatest POV tells that someone is a gaper.

"Nice stoke. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something funky about your pole plant timing. I know this isn't epicski and nobody gives a shit about this stuff, but I think a proper lesson would be helpful now that you've got some skills and experience."

That may be the gheyest post in history. You watched that whole vid and his pole planting was an issue? Not sure that even happens on Epicski.

Nice stoke Luff.

that was pretty fun, i liked seeing the driving and biking too. Made the 4 minutes of POV more than tolerable. thanks, dude!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Welcome to Utah dood!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums

Really, you guys care about his pole plants? Luff nice rip on sacking up and heading to UT. I recall your first early posts when you had not yet made the move. Way to get some!

way to go Luffers! digging the vid and i'll be seeing you in a few months time

Wrong. Skiing is about being rad.

Nice work, kid. I liked seeing you get better as it went on.

BRAVO LUFFER DUFFER!!!

great stoke all round, you've come a long way in a short time fer sure.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Wassat music?
    Phantogram - Mouthful of diamonds

Thanks for the positive flow guys. Alev - see you in a couple months.

Luff, if i was to put my cock on the block when i 1st read your skiing dramas i have bet you were a complete and utter gay lord, but it turns out youre actually a decent guy, you managed to find the right hole when you said dont follow what they tell you you should be doing, lifes about living man and i wish i had the same out look some 10 years ago,
    just one quick question, if you and Jon Wade were to squre up man to man do you think you could take him?

Quote Originally Posted by luffski View Post
    Thanks for the positive flow guys. Alev - see you in a couple months.
    Good stoke man! Too bad I never got to hook up with you for a ski last season. Lets go ride bikes or fish!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

dude u left out your most banger shot of the year ! the stomp !

nice work see u next winter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    Luff, if i was to put my cock on the block when i 1st read your skiing dramas i have bet you were a complete and utter gay lord, but it turns out youre actually a decent guy, you managed to find the right hole when you said dont follow what they tell you you should be doing, lifes about living man and i wish i had the same out look some 10 years ago,
    just one quick question, if you and Jon Wade were to squre up man to man do you think you could take him?
    Trust me, I'm glad I scored this outlook on life at 27 instead of 37. I feel like I already got robbed for the first 26 years not skiing. As for the Wade vs. Luff.... I'm positive that someone of Mr. Wade's physical stature would not have too much difficulty laying me out. Dude is not a small fry, I am though, I only weigh in at 140lbs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC while blazin' using TGR Forums

dude u left out your most banger shot of the year ! the stomp! nice work see u next winter ?
    Ya buddy! @Smiths and TheFugitive. I live in SLC year-round now so definitely be seeing you fellas. Feel free to shoot me a PM for some fishing in the meantime.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TGR Forums

its good to see you buzzing from life, when i have kids i'll be telling them to go live it the way i should have done, fuck the rat race and keeping up with the jones, no matter what happens to you from this moment on you'll always have the winter of 2011/12 to bring a smile to your face, keep living it luff and keep posting your adventures man