Check Out Our Shop
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Praxis MVP

I definitely like them mounted forward versus backwards if I can’t mount them on the lines.

IME the deep tip rocker line on the older models made the front lack some bite and support on firm snow, when mounted on the line. I went back 1cm which gave better tip support and float, marginally better tip engagement, and still very balanced stance.

Long story short: no downsides to mounting back.

I’ll add that I have the 108’s mounted on the line and love them there.

I’m running my 108s +1 and very happy there. From my understanding the rocker lines are a bit less deep in this version compared to previous years so that may help accommodate a more forward mount. They feel a tad short on groomers but perfect everywhere else which is where they’re meant to be skied anyway

I also generally like more forward mounted skis like in the -5 range so ultimately it comes down to preference
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    recently snagged a pair of newer MVPs, the 109 waist version, and I have a mount conflict.

Options: less than 1cm fwd, or about 1.5cm back. Thoughts? Anyone skiing these fwd of recommended?

What's your height and weight? Do you like skis @ -5/6 mount point? In what terrain will these skis get most of their action?

I've had a few pairs of MVP (2 @ 193 and 110mm, 1 @ 187 and 109) mine were used to explore any place I visited. So, mostly off piste in trees and looking to find soft snow anywhere. The skis were perfect for that role in mostly bad, leftover pow scraps and anything snow. Hard and icy? Whatever, they just go through.

I have not tried a mount forward of the line but, I've tried on the line and -1 from the line. On the line was great v -1 which was okay. I think I'd rather be a bit forward of the line instead of -1.5

My next pair of MVP will be 193 mounted on the line

going forward ... will report back on results after the weekend.

Praxis MVP

Good call, that’s what I would do. Mine are on the line, would definitely prefer forward vs behind
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

going forward ... will report back on results after the weekend.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220216_124159.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	718.6 KB 
ID:	406258

Turned out to be like 7mm fwd of the dot. These kill on the line. This is the MVP I always wanted.
    Pic has a weird perspective, they're about -6cm. absolutely killer ski.

Turned out to be like 7mm fwd of the dot. These kill on the line. This is the MVP I always wanted.
    Nice! Those are pretty

Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Good call, that’s what I would do. Mine are on the line, would definitely prefer forward vs behind
    Scooped up a pair prior of these prior to the sale ending… is the consensus on the dot or +1 from the dot?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ALFONSO618 View Post
    Scooped up a pair prior of these prior to the sale ending… is the consensus on the dot or +1 from the dot?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They’ll ski great either place so it comes down to what you generally like in a ski. If you’re usually on more traditional skis with a -8 to -10 mount point I’d go on the line since that’s already bumping you up to -6, but if you’re used to a more progressive consider going +1. Keith said he and some team riders have them there and I’ve loved mine at +1 in all conditions

It’s a truly fantastic ski can’t wait to get back on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

can anyone here give me some insight on how these ski compared to some on3p jeffs? really interested in the mvp 108

I have a pair of last years 94's that I picked up since I have a quiver of 120 plus skis and I wanted something that is more fun on the hill... I was thinking -1 but it sounds like on the dot is not a bad choice.

Any one have any definitive conclusions?
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by moose pit View Post
    I have a pair of last years 94's that I picked up since I have a quiver of 120 plus skis and I wanted something that is more fun on the hill... I was thinking -1 but it sounds like on the dot is not a bad choice.

Any one have any definitive conclusions?
    Four days on my 188 MVP 108s (current version). Coming from more traditional mounts, I mounted these on the line for my 315mm BSL and have no regrets. Loved how they’ve skied so far in a variety of conditions.

Detuned the tapered sections at home a bit, got laid over once or twice right away being lazy on my edges, but felt comfortable on them pretty quickly after that.

So my vote goes for on the dot.

I’m curious about a few things from you MVP skiers …

MVP94:
    How settled is the stock core on firm junk snow (especially compared to skis that have some or full metal laminates)?
    How fun is the shape when picking/pecking your way around on such snow?
    How demanding is the ski in bulletproof conditions?
    A/B thoughts compared to Rustler 9 if you’ve skied it?

MVP108:
    Conditions where you have the most fun on them?
    Conditions where you have the least fun on them?
    A/B thoughts compared to ON3P Woodsman 108/110 if you’ve skied it?

I’m mostly window shopping at this point but trying to keep up my knowledge on these models if a deal comes along or I have more cash saved in my gear fund!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I have a new pair of custom MVP 108s but it’s been too icy/bony to take them out. 18” on the way over the next several days if the forecast holds so should get them out soon!