Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Bumpity bump...because I got home from work today and there was a box on my doorstep containing some new P18's. How cool is that?

I was wondering if there are any local maggots here in Teton Valley or over in the Jackson area that have done this to their P18's and own the tools necessary for this project? I would do this myself but unfortunately I don't have a garage or a vice. Beer and pizza will be your reward for helping me get these breaks to fit my 192 Bro's when they arrive.

Please PM me if you would like to help me out.

Nevermind my last post in this thread. My local ski shop will bend the brakes for me when they mount the binders. Gotta love shops that deal with this issue often.

mmmmm......109mm P15 brakes.

Does anybody have any good methods of tweaking already mounted brakes? The brakes on my Rossi 185's don't really sit where they are supposed to. When the boot is engaged the brakes still sit at a point that's below the topsheet (if that makes any sense). Basically I need them to be bent up so that they don't get in the way when I'm on edge. Any ideas?

Use your muscles. Yank on those suckers. A cheater bar works great (I find a wrench works pretty damn well)

Thank you?
    -Victor

oh my, this was a nightmare. 2 hours, a call to xover and not luck. tried it every way but could not get the spring in.
    plate first did not work. Then i put the spring in but could not get the plate back on because the spring was holding it back.
    any suggestions would be nice. Otherwise I am stuck with a brand new pair of 18 din rossi bindings that are of no use.

Quote Originally Posted by SafteySquad View Post
    Does anybody have any good methods of tweaking already mounted brakes? The brakes on my Rossi 185's don't really sit where they are supposed to. When the boot is engaged the brakes still sit at a point that's below the topsheet (if that makes any sense). Basically I need them to be bent up so that they don't get in the way when I'm on edge. Any ideas?
    Not sure if this is fixed, but I can fix it for ya. Just need 2 people to be sure they won't pop. Shoot a PM.
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    oh my, this was a nightmare. 2 hours, a call to xover and not luck. tried it every way but could not get the spring in.
    plate first did not work. Then i put the spring in but could not get the plate back on because the spring was holding it back.
    any suggestions would be nice. Otherwise I am stuck with a brand new pair of 18 din rossi bindings that are of no use.
    Put the binding back together. The spring can go in last. Just jam it in from the front. A screwdriver and hammer helps.
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Out of curiosity, do you have Atomic boots?

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I ran in the the same problem... I ended up looping a zipp-tie over the spring and using a 2nd screw driver as a pry par to hold it back and down. Then just popped the covers back on. Cut the zipp-tie and pulled it out.
    Last edited by Andy_B; 01-12-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Added Pic
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

I actually reassembled the brake first with out the spring and then positioned the spring and used a large metal chisel and a hammer to gently tap the spring into place. There is a more detailed reference to that technique some where in this thread.

Found it for ya:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...3&postcount=46
    Last edited by SkiEvil; 01-12-2007 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Found the post
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Not sure if this is fixed, but I can fix it for ya. Just need 2 people to be sure they won't pop. Shoot a PM.
    That would be awesome Z. I was going to fix it, but never really got around to it. It actually became a problem a few days ago when one of the arms punctured a hole my pant leg (opposite leg) and got stuck. I ate shit 'cause I couldn't get my feet apart.

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you have Atomic boots?
    Nope, Technica. Why do you ask? I don't think it has anything to do with the boots I am wearing, just my shitty bending job.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Nope, Technica. Why do you ask? I don't think it has anything to do with the boots I am wearing, just my shitty bending job.
    I had a problem that sounded exactly like that using Atomic B10 or some shit (grey and blue ones) and rossi scratch 140's. They both came to a point where they met and the boot couldn't push the brake all the way up.

got some nearly mint look tt9's and a pair of praxis' coming (yes, i just jinxed the rest of the european winter).. what's the consensus on the max width these brakes can bend to and still be at least somewhat usable? anyone using these on, say, pontoons? i guess the bendy job is pretty much impossible without a decent vice?
    edit: i think the brakes on these are the same width as the p18 and fks brakes
    Last edited by keksie; 01-22-2007 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big E View Post
    bump - huge thanks for posting this slim, did this on my old hunter-orange Forza Pros and it worked like a champ.

A few things to add that may help -

- The easiest way to get the spring in, I think, is to reassemble everything else, then with the bindings sitting on the edge of a table so that the brakes are pushing the brake "pad" up to its highest point, use a big screw or rod or something similar, place one end of the rod against the spring, and tap the other end with a hammer. The spring will go right in with little or no drama.
    I did everything but can't really put the spring back in....this way are you talkin about pushing it in from the front or from the back?Because i really can't from the back but might be able from the front,even if the spring seems too wide to pass between the brakes!Damn!

Edit:finally done...the best way is to use a hammer and a large screwdriver and push the spring in from the front when everything is already mounted up!Thanks a lot for this thread anyway!!!
    Last edited by teosickrider; 01-31-2007 at 01:37 PM.
    Always Fight Gravity

ok, i am a retard, I aM coming over to the bird tomorrow and have not gotten this binding thing dealt with. Anyone want to give me a hand in exchange for some beers or dinner? I will be int town sun PM till Wed afternoon. I would love some help
    THanks and PM me

After spending two and a half hours on the first heel and not finishing, i waited three weeks went into the shop and finished the first one in about ten minutes and did the second heel in another 10 minutes.
    THe only way to do this is to put the binding back toether then hammer the spring in.
    Thanks for all the help

I put the spring in place, then pushed the spring tails up from underneath with my thumbs (ow), and slid a penny under them from the 'front' edge (i.e. the edge facing the toepiece).
    The penny rests on the tabs where the forward mounting screws sit, and holds the spring tails up outta the way.
    Took a coupla tries, just gotta hold yer mouth right.

Slid the plate on, bent the tab back down, then pulled the penny out with needle nose pliers...click-click, slick'n'quick.

BTW - THIS THREAD ROCKS HUGELY.
    PROPS TO SLIM
    Enjoy Every Sandwich - Warren Zevon

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow;
    THe only way to do this is to put the binding back toether then hammer the spring in.
    Thanks for all the help
    Ha. Um, isn't that what we tried to tell you??
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Ha. Um, isn't that what we tried to tell you??
    yeah but i could not figure it out. It took walking away from it and seeing it from a different angle

I got to bump this thing to the top. I just got 2 pairs of P18's that need some bending and I've been struggling with the spring all night. Gave up a 1/2 hour ago but I'm going to get back after it tomorrow.

This thread is money!

I just bent mine a couple of days ago to fit my new EHP's (Stoked). I found the easiest fastest way was to follow all of the steps right up to the brake reinstall. Then make sure the little metal tab you bent up first is back down. Leave the silver half moon plate behind the boot sole pad out. Put the binder on something that is the same width as your ski (vise top), this allows the brakes to dangle and lift the boot sole pad. Butt the rear of the binder up to your hip. Put the spring under the brake boot sole pad. Put the biggest flat head screwdriver up against it and one solid hit and the sring pops into place. Push down the boot sole pad and install the half moon plate behind it. Be careful to hold the brake away from you and keep the boot sole pad held down until the half moon plate is in, cause I think that the spring still has the potential to pop out and remove an eye. DONE.

First time to bend p18s from start to finish, 40 mins.
    Last edited by famous; 02-21-2007 at 10:33 AM.
    you have to shoot something, cut something, or burn something every day for redneck consideration

Take the whole bindig apart and bend the brake (should take 10 min tops)
    put it all back together accept for the half moon where the boot sitws against.
    take the spring and place it at the front of the heal piece and give it one or two good whacks. It should slide right in, no problems.
    It took me 2.5 hours of fucking with it then I walked away. a couple weeks later and some serius whining to xover, I came back and the spring went right in.
    Good luck

I've got p15s, basically the p18 but the DIN goes 9-15. I need them to go on a pair of LPs or 188s, so at most 99mm. I've already broken off the original breaks trying to bend them while they were still on the binding (dumb, i know, but i was ingorant and desperate). Does anyone know if the new available wide-breaks can go on last year's p15s, and how wide those wide breaks are? i'd love to not have to go through all this spring popping, vise bending bs.