Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    slim

now i cant laugh at people who proclaim this impossible.
    shit.. i had to figure it out myself, just like you, and those others not scared of a little bendy.

next song!

FUCK THE BENDY

ski these you pussies or heavy people!

Last edited by mildbill.; 02-17-2005 at 10:08 AM. Reason: NEXT SONG!

On next week's edition of "show and tell how to" we'll show everyone how to buckle their boots. Later in the show, a bonus section on how to properly wear pole straps!

Basom, have you used your spat's on the east yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJunky05

Basom, have you used your spat's on the east yet?

thinking about it for big jay this weekend.
    might be kinda crusty for it though.

you score a pair?

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    next song!
    NEXT!

yar, ebay for 263+20 shipping. gonna try to mount today. i searched for a mount-spats thread, but didn't come up with much, so maybe you'll know. I've got some rossis to put on it. set up the jig on a skinny ski, trace/measure the hole points/center mount line and then move the traced paper to the spats? or just utilize a warped, mismarked, melting plastic ruler and a chisel?

Be careful, more than one pair of spats has been fucked because of a lousy mount. Use a volant bit if you can. It'll make the drilling easier.

yar, ebay for 263+20 shipping. gonna try to mount today. i searched for a mount-spats thread, but didn't come up with much, so maybe you'll know. I've got some rossis to put on it. set up the jig on a skinny ski, trace/measure the hole points/center mount line and then move the traced paper to the spats? or just utilize a warped, mismarked, melting plastic ruler and a chisel?

i used a solly jig, and it fit with the shoes off (our look jig doesn't go as wide though, but there must be one out there, maybe you can borrow it from skiershop?)
    be relly carefull with your drill depth. the skis are thin.
    and be sure to TAP!

edit: i also had to grind my regular length 916 screws down a few threads so as not to bubble the base. check your screw lengths out before.

all in all its a pain in the ass. i'd offer to do it for you, but it wouldn't be too convienient for you to get em mounted up in boston. (unless you want to meet me at jay this weekend and i can give em back to you at stowe th efollowing weekend)
    Last edited by basom; 02-17-2005 at 12:56 PM.

As much as I'd love to fuck up a nice ski myself, or at the shop i work at...I think i'll swing by Skiershop Friday morning.

Slim, thanks for the tapping reminder. Also, whats the best sticker to put on my Spatulas?

Also, whats the best sticker to put on my Spatulas?
    Something that makes them go faster for sure

Slim, thanks for the tapping reminder.
    No problem. It was basom.

i have an "it's not nice to point" sticker.

and i reminded you to tap, you ungreatfull sack of shit.

edit: too slow for the lanky one.

I perfer not to use stickers on my spats, I just take the red sharpie and go too it. "why are you staring at me" and "Don't knockem till you rockem" is currently on them, A bit of lysol takes it right off. Ski the steel.

make your own sticker..

"Destination: Boner City"
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo

"Destination: Boner City"

At first I couldn't believe I made such a mistake. Then I remembered I smoke rocks everyday at noon, and it made sense.
    End hijaaack.
    wait, one more hijack. basom, where'd ya get the argyle hat?
    end hijack after that response.

in the secret zone for picking up the ladies.

but seriously, it was in the bottom of the 10$ hat bin at St. Moritz Sports.

are you attempting to steal my steeze?

Oh, Basom- you know that would be impossible.

IMPOSSIBLE LIKE ZRs FIT ON A FATTY FAT SKI! BWAH!

I think it might do well in the campus & dt environment of Burlington.

I think it might do well in the campus & dt environment of Burlington.
    you would ba amazed at the number of comments i get on that hat from the females.

i recomend them.

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    Get on it.

bump - huge thanks for posting this slim, did this on my old hunter-orange Forza Pros and it worked like a champ.

A few things to add that may help -

- If you're not familiar with how the bindings go together, I would take one apart and do the entire process on it before doing anything to the other one. That way you can look at the assembled one to figure out how it's supposed to go together. Not that big of a deal, but this is pretty much the first time I've ever done anything on bindings, so when things went sproing it took me a little while to figure out how to get it all back together.

- Professor's suggestion on putting a small screwdriver through the screw holes and pressing back to engage the metal plate is money. After futzing with the first one forever and not making any progress, I went back, reread, saw Prof's idea, and literally got it in in 30 seconds. No struggle, no bending, just slides right in.

- The easiest way to get the spring in, I think, is to reassemble everything else, then with the bindings sitting on the edge of a table so that the brakes are pushing the brake "pad" up to its highest point, use a big screw or rod or something similar, place one end of the rod against the spring, and tap the other end with a hammer. The spring will go right in with little or no drama.

Using the above, I was able to do the whole thing solo and didn't lose any vital body parts. I would also mention that you can forget about doing this without a sturdy vice. I was able to bend them straight with some judiciously-applied C-clamps, but couldn't get the fat-bend in them. Plus, this was a good excuse for me to go out and get something I'd been wanting for a while.

And yes, they'll fit Spats.

Also, whats the best sticker to put on my Spatulas?
    "It's kinda like doing a fat chick."
    "I smell varmint puntang."

I'll do my good samaritan deed for the day and bump this legendary thread.

A few thoughts to add:

1. thanks again slim for the awesome tech talky and pics with arrows to go along with it all

2. I'll second the above about doing one binder at a time while leaving the second to look at for re-assembly purposes

3. getting the spring back in is by far the biggest pain of this whole process. what I figured out after the first one was to re-assemble all the heal piece just as Slim says except the bottom plate and then put the top (round) part of the spring in its place (making sure the round part of the spring is behind the brake legs) and then push each open leg one at a time up and out and temporarily secure it in place with one of the binder screws. then do the same to the other open spring leg. then slide the bottom plate on no problem and bend the tab on it back in place (just as Slim says) then slowly unscrew the temporary binder screws and if needed lightly press the spring inward to seat the ends of the open spring legs. wallow; done; presto!!

4. the success of step 3 was figured out after wanking around for an hour or 2 trying to get the friggin' spring back in. I even got in by this method once and then realized I forgot to put the meat of the heel piece on before it all. Also, that friggin' spring damn near took my eye out; I am fully expecting a shiner tomorrow morning from it. Once I figured out method 3, it literally took me no more than 1/2 hour to do a binder start to finish.

Thanks again Slim!!

Disclaimer: I will not help or show any Utards how to do this; you're on your own - however, I will purchase beer and come over to watch you do it for the first time and bellow out a big, phat BWA while you do it
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

So who can I have my soon to be ordered binders shipped to to take care of this procedure?? Unfortunetly, I am short all the tools to be able to perform this operation besides the screw drivers. I will compensate you for your time and effort with 12 pack of choice next time I am in the area, where ever that may be.

Question Spare brakes

I just picked up a pair of used P18s and the previous owner has cut off the brakes. Does Rossignol/Look carry those brakes as spare parts? I mean since it is such an integral part of the heelpiece, they might not consider it removable?

I've already tried the local shop without any luck...