Check Out Our Shop
Page 460 of 896 FirstFirst ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,500 of 22389
    Tannerite is ok though, right?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    range master
    The person we need for a Range Master is Talisman’s kid brother. Former armorer with 82nd Airborne. Gulf War vet. I can picture him wearing a smokey bear hat enforcing range discipline on us maggots. Last time I saw him was at the Riverhouse, he & I split a BBQ sampler for 4 between us, nothing left...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Tannerite is ok though, right?
    FKNA.

Light that shit up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3887.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	337853

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Just back from the Really Big, doing some work for a silly house in a silly place.

Air quality was poor, right now here in the valley it is really bad. Can't see Blackmore.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

4pm smoke report

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3889.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	337863

I was just south of Cameron, it's really bad down the Madison Valley. I can still barely see Mt Ellis from my house.

I can't see shit from the west side of town. My motivation to get outside is down to zero and apparently I've started coughing in my sleep. Going to check on how much AC will cost to add to the house.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I can't see shit from the west side of town. My motivation to get outside is down to zero and apparently I've started coughing in my sleep. Going to check on how much AC will cost to add to the house.
    Best money we ever spent, no joke. Lowered my fire-season stress level so much. Not having to keep the windows open on 90+ degree smoky days with a hot wind blowing...fuck I hate that. We only put it in the upstairs to keep costs down (we needed to have ductwork installed). Our lower level stays cool anyway.

That said, I'm grateful that we've had smoke-free skies this summer up to now. Had to know it was coming eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Best money we ever spent, no joke. Lowered my fire-season stress level so much. Not having to keep the windows open on 90+ degree smoky days with a hot wind blowing...fuck I hate that. We only put it in the upstairs to keep costs down (we needed to have ductwork installed). Our lower level stays cool anyway.

That said, I'm grateful that we've had smoke-free skies this summer up to now. Had to know it was coming eventually.
    My last two houses had it since we moved here in 2012 (it was smoky and hot that summer) but for some reason I didn't think about getting it installed on the new house. I rarely used it except in this exact situation.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Good for fitness, good for crowd avoidance, bad for sheer number of turns... but I'm leaning strongly that way anyhow.

A Sunnyside -> Alpine only pass would be incredible, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
    For $25/season you can tour from Bohart to access Bradley's and the Ramp.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Was a smokey day of racing bikes at the really big. Absolute gnar fest up there right now. The mountain is LOOOSE. Pedal much of the day with our very own regct who beat me overall on today's 4 stages. I have one more day to try to catch him.

If you ever wanted to see legit world's best race Big Sky now is your chance. Richie Rude, etc heard all the fuss from last years race and the big boys had to come see the Big Sky gnar in person.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I can still barely see Mt Ellis from my house.
    I can't see Ellis or Baldy and there's a visible haze between my place and two houses down. Could feel a 10 minute walk in my chest... gotta love summer in the west. yeahman is right, we've had it real good up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    For $25/season you can tour from Bohart to access Bradley's and the Ramp
    I've met a few guys who swear up and down that going that way isn't so bad. I bought said pass last season and never had much fun in that area, the long walk up Texas Meadows always felt more worthwhile. Thinking I may have not been on the right route.

2012 SW Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

I paid $8 for a touring day pass at Crosscut, and it was quite a lot of bumbling around the various Nordic trails before I got up toward Bradley’s. Maybe I’m just dumb, but it didn’t seem worthwhile.

That's exactly how I felt: bumbling. Granted, that's a feeling I'm very accustomed to. $25 for a lesson learned is a fair price to pay. Given how mellow their terrain is, I'd pay that price for a narrow trail cut straight uphill to the edge of the BBowl north road.

I think you may've hit the post button about half a sentence too early...

People have been pushing for some form of uphill access at Bridger for awhile now, the standard response they've gotten from BB is that the Forest Service permit forbids it.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    That's exactly how I felt: bumbling. Granted, that's a feeling I'm very accustomed to. $25 for a lesson learned is a fair price to pay. Given how mellow their terrain is, I'd pay that price for a narrow trail cut straight uphill to the edge of the BBowl north road.
    This got me thinking... Crosscut is a client of mine and they're on the cusp of expanding with a new lodge, new trailhead that would provide better access to better terrain, etc. Do people actually think there would be a market (a new contingent) for Crosscut pass sales if there was a more direct line to the downhill skiing terrain? Crosscut's master-planning efforts are on-going...
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

Spoke with someone who has an idea about the way thimgs would work. Too much concern that people with early ups would just stick a
    stick around and ride the upper mountain for free?

The Crosscut uphill thing is interesting, but all I've heard is the juice isn't worth the squeeze. So maybe more direct access would be smart to invest in. I haven't done it myself though so need to give it a spin.

Yeah I read what I was writing and found it a bit insulting to people so I hit cancel, or so I thought.

But people being what they are, what would prevent folks from doing the early up and circumventing the possible reservations system and riding the lifts even if they have a pass? The hassle for the ticket checkers probably isn't worth it.

Lots of USFS permit holders allow skinning so not sure about the whole USFS won't allow it.

The OP of the original BBowl thread, workinforturns, was busted/wanted for skinning the boundary and then riding chairs, iirc.

Lots of USFS permit holders allow skinning so not sure about the whole USFS won't allow it.
    Yeah, didn't make a ton of sense to me, but I know numerous people who have been told just that.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    This got me thinking... Crosscut is a client of mine and they're on the cusp of expanding with a new lodge, new trailhead that would provide better access to better terrain, etc. Do people actually think there would be a market (a new contingent) for Crosscut pass sales if there was a more direct line to the downhill skiing terrain? Crosscut's master-planning efforts are on-going...
    Hmmm, yet they still won't bring back our disc golf courses. Lame.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgge View Post
    Yeah, didn't make a ton of sense to me, but I know numerous people who have been told just that.
    Do permit terms vary between ski areas?

Also, could it be a "safety regulation only" rule, ie the resort either has to claim it's unsafe at any time during operations, or they lose the ability to regulate it? (Red Lodge has a similar reg, as I understand it--they can prohibit access for safety, eg control work, but not for business convenience or to charge for access).

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

I can certainly see a lot of safety/logistics reasons to prohibit uphill access.. and then the whole rogue lift riding thing is valid too.

Does anyone know if BB is going to have RFID readers / gates on all the lifts or just at the base??