Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintergreen View Post
    Ski in/Ski out. Lifts to the left, Backcountry to the right. There are times that the best turns of the day are in the backyard.
    This thread is sick....Any rooms for rent?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintergreen View Post
    Ski in/Ski out. Lifts to the left, Backcountry to the right. There are times that the best turns of the day are in the backyard.
    clowns to the left, jokers to the right...

and I'm with DBT on this one.

Is distance to skiing the new "number of days"?

What the hell, I'll play. 10-15 from ok lift accessed, not much in the way of BC around here, but there is some skiable lines maybe a 1/2 hour away.

Anything good is a couple hours, minimum (when it comes down to it, all skiable terrain is good if the snow is).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

45 min to lift served. 6 hours to the BC. Out the back door for XC. 2620 mi. to use my season pass.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

If I'm coming from home, it's about a 7 minute drive. From work it's almost 9. Luckily, all my gear is stored at the resort in our own department locker room... (even though I am VERY part time) I can usually get in 6 runs or so on a lunch break.

Unfortunately, its still Michigan skiing. We've got about the best Michigan has to offer, though.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

15 miles to both.

Damn it. py lift served (Big Bear) 2.5 hours (never bother). Good lift served at Mammoth is a 6 hour drive each way. Being so far from good snow and touring partners, I haven't even looked into BC access. To offset that, the beach is 10 blocks away and the dog and I can walk, run or ride the bike together every day without wiping out on ice covered sidewalk/ground. The older I get, the more I like living at that beach and the mountain home dream is fading fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

2.8 miles to keystone...about 8 more to the top of loveland pass for BC.

Backdoor XC and skate skiing. Nov/Dec to Mar/April.
    BC backdoor skin to 1 mile drive for limited. 45 mins to 2 hour drive to unlimited.
    50 min to 2 hrs for OK to exceptional lift served
    .....all dependent on the year and snow amounts and stability.

It's nice to have various types of skis and subsequent choices around depending on windows of opportunity, where the snow levels and recent weather. Snotel is your friend and getting on any type ski on snow is always satisfying.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

45-50 for both
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Closest lift-served: 13 minutes. Best lift served: 23 min. Closest Nordic: out the back door if I buy a tank of diesel so the snowmobile guides can groom out the road with their cat. Best Nordic: 16 minutes.

I could no doubt drive to some podunk little mountain in NC in about 8-9 hours, or I could hop a flight to Bellingham and be on the slopes at Baker in about 7. And flights are free. Quicker to get to CO but I haven't tried that yet.

Been here a month now and already can't wait to GTFO.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

Groomed xc trails out the back door, backcountry out the door too but with pretty long approaches. 15-20 from 5 ski areas, further to others. Just needs to snow a little more.

20 minutes to the lift
    45 minutes to backcountry (unless you count the OB stuff next to the lift served terrain, in which case 20 minutes)
    xc ski out the back door (if La Nina finally decides to grace us with her presence)

12 minutes to lift, if the road is gaper free,18 bumper to bumper.

9 miles to the tram, can technically skin out my front door, but Ill shuttle the 5 miles to the top of the pass thank you very much.
    Live Free or Die

45 min to ok lift, 1.5 hrs to good lift.

30-40 min to a couple different BC spots.

I think there is a xc area ~20 min away, but I don't do xc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Five feet to lift-serviced skiing, if I climb over a railing, otherwise 40 feet. Five-minute walk to backcountry.
    congrats again on getting the hell out of shithole Calgary

Walk out the front door. Or back.

30-60 minutes depending on which of 10 resorts we decide to ski at. 50 for the one we actually go to.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Five hours to Mammoth, 1 1/2 hours to Mt Waterman (when the road isn't washed out.) 1-2 to socal BC more to east side Sierra.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

90 minutes to Mt. Hood Meadows, maybe 70 minutes if I rode at Ski Bowl (quit going there after the owner did a hit/run on a bicyclist). About 80 minutes to the BC trailhead I usually go to.

It's too damn far. I love Portland, but wish I could get to the mountain in 30 minutes or so.

Used to live in Sapporo, and it was 45 minutes by subway+bus to get to the close-by hills - that was pretty great.

25 minutes to good lift served, 1-2 hours to truly excellent in-bounds. For touring, 30 minutes to 2 hours. singletrack ~ 2 blocks.

10 minutes to xc, 10 minutes to the BC, 40 minutes to lifts
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

$14 in gas, round trip.
    Living vicariously through myself.