Check Out Our Shop
Page 124 of 372 FirstFirst ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 9298
    highangle you're making me blush.

Thanks for the lighting input, I was incorrect in thinking fluorescent ran the coolest.

CO2 would be great but currently this space is just too warm, unsealed. If I sealed it it would be much worse obviously. And I type this about 15 feet away from a 20 lb tank of CO2 I have for a planted aquarium. The temptation is certainly there but not in this current space.

Yes VPD will be on my radar as I add more circulation and eventually AC.

Happy Friday all

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    highangle you're making me blush.

Thanks for the lighting input, I was incorrect in thinking fluorescent ran the coolest.

CO2 would be great but currently this space is just too warm, unsealed. If I sealed it it would be much worse obviously. And I type this about 15 feet away from a 20 lb tank of CO2 I have for a planted aquarium. The temptation is certainly there but not in this current space.

Yes VPD will be on my radar as I add more circulation and eventually AC.

Happy Friday all

I still don't get your ventilation issues. Taking a leap here, but I think you're saying you don't have room for a carbon filter inside the grow and hence, can't run slight negative pressure in the grow and vent filtered air out?

There's no law against positively blowing air through a carbon filter placed outside the room. It's not as 'good' as the standard of negatively drawing air through the filter first then ducting it out, but forcing positive pressure through the carbon filter 'backwards' works just fine, albeit for less time before you need a new filter.

I've never considered a carbon filter as smell hasn't been an issue. There are fans in the small room, and a fan outside of the room which seems to be enough to do the trick.

When I've considered ventilation it was always in relation to aleviating heat build up.

This basement room has foundation then soil outside of two walls, and the opposite two walls face a much larger open room. When considering venting outside this leaves me with going down (foundation) or up (through the ceiling, but there isn't enough clearance that route).

Sounds like you're suggesting a carbon filter ideally inside the room (in this specific case vented into the ceiling?, never liked that idea but if it helps with heat build up..) Am I following you correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    I've never considered a carbon filter as smell hasn't been an issue. There are fans in the small room, and a fan outside of the room which seems to be enough to do the trick.

When I've considered ventilation it was always in relation to aleviating heat build up.

This basement room has foundation then soil outside of two walls, and the opposite two walls face a much larger open room. When considering venting outside this leaves me with going down (foundation) or up (through the ceiling, but there isn't enough clearance that route).

Sounds like you're suggesting a carbon filter ideally inside the room (in this specific case vented into the ceiling?, never liked that idea but if it helps with heat build up..) Am I following you correctly?

I'm just talking about venting the grow into the other rooms. It sounds small enough to function like a small tent in a 1-bedroom apartment, which works just fine for a lot of people.
    This won't necessarily scale up, but there's probably plenty of cubic air volume inside your house to vent your small grow without excess interior humidity being a problem. So if you have heat issues in your grow space, and not in the surrounding interior spaces, why not pull the heat out of the grow and use that heat to help heat the other rooms in your basement and house, such as it may?

Use the carbon so your house doesn't reek of flowering cannabis all the time and stink up the kid's clothes before they go to school. You also don't want to fry your personal sense of smell in these matters, which constant exposure to the smell of fresh dank will definitely do over time...

Whose going skiing today?!?!?

Not fucking me. 10k more to hang, vent, and put on a timer. 80 tom cages showed up. All my seedlings are ready to sex and need transplanting. Two trays of clones ready for solo cups. Need to take more clones and make new mothers. Transplant another 20 clones to smart pots.

Have to figure out a way to introduce sub freezing air into my rooms with out the fan and duct dripping everywhere. I bought some insulated duct.

Preventative treatments with the atomizer and respirator all day.

Highangle... Are you busy today?

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post

Highangle... Are you busy today?

Heh. Matter of fact I am, but not skiing, damnit... In ANC, ramrodding a server migration. We would break it off and go skiing, but any place we can agree to go is getting rippled by 70knts of blue norther in the alpine, which is just too much sugar for a nickel for most of us, me included...

Sounds like you're working like a dryland farmer!
    Yes, insulated duct will do better for you. But it's the warm air that holds the moisture, not the cold. The cold air is just dropping the warm air in your environment below its dew point. This is the source of your condensation.

How I know this: Laying aside my middle school science classes for a moment, my tap water varies between 39 and 41 degrees F... Alaskan toilets sweat like a cold can of beer, unless they haven't been used for a day or so, and the water in the tank and bowl has a chance to warm up. Same thing with water pipes, unless they're insulated and tied to an exterior wall, where it's cooler than inside the wall insulation.

A possible solution for you: Make some kind of condenser coil apparatus cooled by the fresh cold intake air, and collect the water that drips off. This is exactly what an A/C or dehuey does. If you lower the humidity of the warm grow room, you lower the dew point. At some point, condensation will cease to occur at problem levels.
    Of course, your plants are transpiring water, so you're working against yourself with every drop of fluid you pour in the pots, so the entire thing is an isometric exercise.
    At the end of the day, you might be better off just running A/C in there, instead of efficiently ducting all that free cold air in like a smart person with an instinct for mathematical elegance, who doesn't like to spend $$ needlessly.

BTW, I'd drop what I was doing and go to work for you in a heartbeat if you compensated with those tricomes!

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post

You're hand watering all that?

Well... With a watering wand and a big brute trash can... Yes. It takes about 30-45min. I have plants in different stages of veg. Some are huge and some are just taking hold. I am also starting another 20 clones today, with these. Flip tomorrow.

Seedlings.

clone game strong

WEED, The Official Thread

Nice work Beer Drinker. OLCC (governing weed body) is holding a informative meeting on becoming a producer/manufacturer today at our local community college. I hope to make it.

12/12 starts today.

New flavors

wow...
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Nice clean room Bobby.

Probably just me, but I seem to get better yields when I keep my lights within a couple feet of my plant tops.

I'm going to lower them, once it cools down some. Almost 70 here today...

I was also running my head into them all the time.
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 12-11-2015 at 07:42 AM.

So you guys in the know with the legal weedz in CO and WA...

With pot getting close to being legal up here in Canada I'm looking for some intel on the industry and perhaps an angle/opportunity to get into it. I've got a business background and currently run a sheet metal fab shop but times are changing. Lining up on selling equipment here and looking at greener pastures. Not interested in the store fronts or growing side necessarily but maybe some behind the scenes/support type gig that might be less obvious?

Probably not a realistic path with my background but definitely worth looking at in my eyes as I'm well familiar with the demand end of things and believe it's going to be a growth industry for a long time to come. Anyway, any intel/insights you guys in the know might have would be appreciated. Cheers!

I've always thought that the pick axe and Levi's suppliers for this gold rush are going to be the real tycoons. Just what that is, I dunno.

Right, and like how the aluminum can suppliers are killing it right now with the craft beer market. What's the weeeed angle? Better go hit the vape and do some research.

Opening a grow shop.

The money is in retail. The real tycoons are the storefront owners.

I plan on having a both opened up by Summer.
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 12-16-2015 at 05:52 AM.

GG4 getting thick.

^^^That they are. How long have they vegged?

My 2nd micro crop is now about 10 days from harvest.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0369.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	554.3 KB 
ID:	173546
    Some decent buds forming
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0370.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	502.8 KB 
ID:	173548
    Fuckin photo attach function!
    Have had trouble keeping the tent above 72 degrees some days - had a few dark periods where it got down to 62. Less odor than summer harvest

What LED are you using TBS?

I vegged those for a long time. 2-3weeks. That is the first crop, for that room, so I have it more perpetual now.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    What LED are you using TBS?
    It's an early prototype from a client. 240W. They are developing a new one that throws about twice the photons for 60 more watts.

TBS those temps seem fine. 62 is a bit low, but it is a gradual decline, and not sustained for 8 hours or so. Less smell, means your plants are stressing less, if its the same strain.

OK, thanks B. Yup, same strains - Cindy and Power Kush.