Check Out Our Shop
Page 127 of 181 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 4523
    Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    I'm looking forward to some of the Bay folks ponying up for that KW/N*/HVY pass, 3 big mtns to choose from, I don't know why anyone down there would want a Squalpine pass next year. Then when KSL loses biz, they'll have to lower their pass price the following year to entice them back. Pass price war! Win-win!
    God, dude I hope you are wrong, but who knows anymore. KSL seems hell bent on cramming every damned person they can find on that hill, no matter what. Hell, I may have to buy that pass, anymore driving to the South shore is just as fast as going through T.C. on 89 to Squaw. You get behind a chain riding fool and it is game over.

Not much to add that hasn't already been said. Avoided all the driving nonesense by traffic up Thurs overnight and then back this morning (really wanted to stay today, but something came up with work). Squaw on Saturday was fun (very crowded) and hit one of the biggest cliffs for me personally ever off Granite Chief.

Alpine yesterday was unreal - I was just really surprised at the lack of crowds compared to Squaw the day prior. Mostly tooling around off Scott out in Promised Land, etc... - which was filled in nicely from the day prior. Also hit a cliff down below Our Father that I have wanted to hit for a couple of years, but it was always bombed out. Got the first 2 hits on it - also personal biggests for me.

Great weekend all in all.

Best day of the year today. Squaw was full retard.

Did not see this anywhere A 51-year-old Reno man died Thursday after a skiing acciden

Vibes.
    Not the way to finish off a rare powder day

TRUCKEE, Calif. — A 51-year-old Reno man died Thursday after a skiing accident at Northstar California, officials have confirmed.

According to a statement from the resort located north of Lake Tahoe, Northstar ski patrol responded at about 10:15 a.m. Thursday to a report of an injury on the East Ridge trail located in the Mt. Pluto area.

Upon arrival, patrollers administered medical care to the man, who was unconscious. The skier, who eventually died as a result of his injuries, was wearing a helmet at the time of his injury, according to Northstar.

The man was identified Friday as Scott Fritz, from Reno, according to various media reports.

"Northstar management and staff and the Vail Resorts family extend their deepest sympathy and support to the family and friends of the skier," the resort said in a statement obtained Saturday. "The resort would like to acknowledge the assistance of the Northstar Fire Department and CareFlight staff in the rescue efforts."

Few details are known as to the exact cause of death. According to a story from the Reno Gazette-Journal, Dena Erwin, a spokeswoman for the Placer County Sheriff's Office, said no one witnessed the accident, and Fritz "most likely" struck a tree.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Ooof! What an awesome few days @ Squaw... I am happy winter decided to show up.
    imz-design
    industrial design • new product development
    http://www.imz-design.com/

Stoke from KW yesterday...sorry, no pov unless you can upload from my brain

JMetzler...

fatbastard...

Ottime...

JMetzler...again

JMetzler in the air...

fatbastard....

Ottime...

Ottime...again

Jmetzler in Sisters...

WOOT!

Blue Bird Pow day, oh yea...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9366.JPG 
Views:	1056 
Size:	213.9 KB 
ID:	112619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9376.JPG 
Views:	1069 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	112620   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9414.JPG 
Views:	1059 
Size:	196.5 KB 
ID:	112621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9452.JPG 
Views:	909 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	112622  

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    TRUCKEE, Calif. — A 51-year-old Reno man died Thursday after a skiing accident at Northstar California, officials have confirmed.....
    His family hosted one of the garages for Edgewater Winterfest this past December, real nice folks, sorry to hear about this & thoughts to the family (Wife & 2 kids)...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Lightest snow that I have ever had the pleasure of skiing in Tahoe.

These past two days have been unreal.

Squaw was certainly busy for a Monday powday, but it was no where near as bad as the weekend.

That was the most incredible snow I have ever skied in California. That is all.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

Trenchalicious! Wow

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Lightest snow that I have ever had the pleasure of skiing in Tahoe.

These past two days have been unreal.

Squaw was certainly busy for a Monday powday, but it was no where near as bad as the weekend.
    did squaw spin the upper mtn lifts today? looked like their site said they weren't....was surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by snowsnake View Post
    did squaw spin the upper mtn lifts today? looked like their site said they weren't....was surprised.
    Everything (terrain wise) opened today, except Silverado.

6 loads at 930. Bagged slim Jim to Oops EP all fresh blower. Then the shark chutes to cave rock. Then funnel straight-line to tree-air to tree stash. Find lph. Repeat funnel to tree air

10 loads. Dropped center rockband to Ho chi Minh to waterfall. Hit center rockband again to Eagle Chinese downhill to Kodak to flat to accidental front flip to feet. Hardrider arrives

Backside laps in big trees, danger cliffs, dogleg, hells, baby Kodak.

Back to 6. Pali stash x2.

Given the choice between 6 hours skiing today and 6 hours in the Spearmint, I'll take KW

Ps. It warmed up and shit got crusty after 3. Tomorrow will suck

jumping off stuff is fun. glad to be doing it again.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Best day of the year today. Squaw was full retard.
    DUDE!!! NO!!!

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Emailed my professors that I was not feeling well, then headed for China Peak. Sunday's tracks were refilled, and the snow was so light and nice. Was finding fresh snow all day. The face shots were sooo worth ditching school for.

Horrible about the guy who died. Seems it happens down here alot and I'm not sure why

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Shit it looks good and I didn't get a flake of that shit. This year has conspired against me. Today would have been THE day and I had to work. Go ahead Mike, tell me how fucking good it was. Go ahead...
    ok

we got 22" at the top of DR overnight last night

we had no ants marching and no lift lines

we ripped the shit out of it

Owen skipped school and skied pow with the mama all day - 22" is tough when you're 40" tall and 40#, but the kid rocked hard all day - never slowed Krystal Kartwright down

I fell in a god-damned hole yesterday....

and today...

yesterday sucked - today was a bit scary for a few moments

I owe beerz
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

good, i hope all those folks do start coming down to the south shore to ski northwoodenly instead of the n shore and pump up our economy. they don't ski anything i do so it wont affect me other then to make it easier to find good work.

today was reary rediculous. it was hard not to be skeptical watching all the rain fall last week and not skiing for a week but fuck if there isn't a shit ton of snow above 7-7.5k. and the first layer was so heavy it forced a lot of the bushes that were poking up. coverage is fat in all 3 zones i've been the last few days. stability seems good though nobody felt the need to dig today. i think triggering the pwl is only going to get tougher. we kicked it up a notch today. only signs of instabilities were naturals from during the storm before the light stuff fell.

funny ja. heard my name but jus couldnt stop. nice pics. we were gonna go there if viz sucked today but it didnt

nothing too exciting, but it is fun to be able to start to jump off stuff again

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    ok

we got 22" at the top of DR overnight last night

we had no ants marching and no lift lines

we ripped the shit out of it

Owen skipped school and skied pow with the mama all day - 22" is tough when you're 40" tall and 40#, but the kid rocked hard all day - never slowed Krystal Kartwright down

and today...

yesterday sucked - today was a bit scary for a few moments

I owe beerz
    Thanks man. I knew you were getting it. I know it doesn't have chutes to ski or cliffs to huck, but for ease of drive and lack of crowds tracking it out, I love DR on a powder day. You guys going to stay open until Easter?

yes we are
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post

and today...
    Glad to hear you're okay, mang.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    nothing too exciting, but it is fun to be able to start to jump off stuff again
    Agreed! (on the jumping off stuff part)

You lose a glove perhaps?

Here's an edited version of my day on Sunday. Looked fun yesterday... is it staying cold and fluffy up there still?