Info on Kryptons?

Hey was wondering if anyone had skied the new dabello krypton boot? How stiff is the flex? Similar fit to old raichles, still lock down the chicken ankles? The old threads had little useful info on this boot (mostly prerelease word of mouth). Thanks.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Second hand knowledge

My boss got on them about 3 weeks ago, has a pair in his office, but I have not gotten them on. He has a really narrow foot and has been working with boots for 15-20 years, and is not sooo impressed. Said they hurt like a bitch. But then again, every boot strikes everyone different. So maybe it just isn't for him. I am going to steal them this week sometime and try them on. Will let you know what I find out.
    He who can smile when things go wrong, has found someone else to blame it on!

Just picked mine up from the shop. Oh so nice, plus all the extra parts, like tongues, bootbeds, cant adj. Just wishing they had a replaceable sole toe pc.
    Skiing/Boot Report coming tomorrow.
    Last edited by Schralper; 12-14-2004 at 07:46 PM.

Wow these puppy's are nice. 1 lap at the mtn, then out for some b/c w/ my boys. Kinda corny and transitional (crust/firm). New AT setup also, New Explosiv's/ Freeride's. Pretty much the same boot as the Flexon. Come's w/ extra tongue and pcs. Gonna get them pro fitted but no problems. A lil big toe jam is about it. Mostly from sledding, maybe.
    Wish they had themoflex liners.
    Heavier than the Flexon's. Thumbs up especially for right outta the box, most forward cant, stiff tongue.
    I have Flexon's and am gonna compare the 2 side by side, tomorrow.
    Last edited by Schralper; 12-16-2004 at 06:51 PM.

I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival at my a local shop. Look forward to hearing further reviews schralper, thanks for the info.

Thanks guys, looking forward to future reviews.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Tried them on at the local shop. Great shell, lame liner. Would need to put in a Thermoflex. Even with a steep bro-discount, it is a lot of money for just the shell.

Boot feels stiffer than a Flexon; probably skis great!

Maybe next years boot will come with a better liner.

Haven't skied them, but tried them on yesterday. I usually wear a 27.5 Salomon, tried on the 27.0 Krypton, and they felt like crap. Again I usually wear Salomons, so I don't really have the right foot for the boot, but the heel felt huge, but they were super tight right above the heel, in the Achiles area....Otherwise, they felt "eh".

Ok after back to back runs on Kryptons and Flexons I gotta say, Sweet!
    The Kryptons are pretty much the same feel as the Flexons. 'Cept stiffer laterally. If you like Flexons you'll probably dig these. The fact that I dont have to hunt for replacement buckles is worth it
    Not quite sure about Darkside's heel cup issue. Me thinks the boot needs adjustment. I feel more locked in w/ the Kryp's.
    I've got size 13/EE feets so I dont see what the "narrow boot" issue is, either.
    While the liner may not be a heat moldable kind it still feels ok and I'm a BIG fan of themoflex liners. Gonna get pro aligned/adjusted in the next week or so. Report to follow.
    Last edited by Schralper; 12-17-2004 at 06:02 PM.

Sounds like sweet boots Schralper. I'm still waiting for the shops over here in Sweden to get them, have ordered a pair and hopefully they'll be in by next week. If I get you right, you'd say the Krypton's are a bit wider than Flexon's?

What about instep volume? The Flexon's are pretty tight for me in that area but I read somewhere on Epicski that the Krypton's might have more volume.

Can't wait to try these babies , been a long time fan of the Flexon's but the low volume and tight fit has kept me out of them.
    I like big bikes and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny

I think w/ all the extra pieces including instep wedges and a lil fitting it should fit most peeps better than the Flexon. I'm a firm believer in a totally comfortable boot. Cuz who wants ski around w/ achy feet? The boots felt REALLY tight at 1st so I wore them while sitting on the couch, before 1st day out on them. Seemed to work as they felt good.

tried on the d-cross, the softer ver of the kryptons, they feel real nice, though the cross version felt a little soft for what i like/am used to(rossi freeride xxx - great boot). a lot of forward flex on the d crosses, but fit was excellent, i love the way they feel over your shins and ankles. in a few years the pros would be up in the runnings. anyone know the stifness number for the pros?

I tried on some Kryptons today. My current boots (which I love) are 318mm sole lengths flexons with thermoflex liners. The 27.5 (216mm) kryptons were too roomy for my taste. Two finger shell fit, not enough heel hold. Perhaps they might work with thermoflex, I dunno. The 306mm kryptons felt better but I would probly need to punch out the big toe a lot. Damn wider fit. I have narrow euro feet =/
    Last edited by Dromond; 12-21-2004 at 08:35 PM.

whats the difference between heat moldable liners and thermoflex liners?

just tried on the pros today.

last two boots have been icon carbon 27.5 and dolomite vxr 27.5.

tried on the pros in 27.5 and they felt too roomy for my tastes, but length wise i don't think i could go any shorter. i did have a bit of a tight fit on the instep. the forward flex on the pros was pretty sweet, nice and smooth movement in the cuff, even with the velcro power strap. if anything the stiff tongue felt a bit soft, but there is a little extra piece you can add to the stiff tongue to make it even stiffer. pretty high cuff as well.

obviously this is just a shop impression, but the heel retention buckle wasn't quite as impressive as i thought it would be when leaning forward on the boot.

shop manager said they are the most 'workable' boot they sell. they can do just about anything to them to get them totally dialed.

i am gonna try them on again and bring in my cork insoles and a pair of my own socks and give them another try and then compare them to the new tecnicas.