Check Out Our Shop

Thread: TR: Alta 2/9

TR: Alta 2/9, with leg snapping video goodness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atIb7ozivKM

First run in ballroom, it was pretty good until....

Season's over. It was fun while it lasted though, I got more days this season than I have in my entire life before it.

I'd try and form a coherent post but I'm on lots of painkillers right now and I can't really concentrate
    Last edited by thisisastickup; 02-11-2011 at 01:29 AM.

I saw that coming at 0:06.

What did you break? Hope you feel better man!

I snapped my tibia.

How did you see it coming? You can hear the snap, the bone broke and that's why I fell. I straightline ballroom on a regular basis with no trouble.

That air into tombstone is fun. Sucks about the leg, how the hell did that happen?

I was just kidding. I did not see you breaking your leg coming at all. Just being sarcastic.

Wow - that was hard to watch. Hope it heals up quick

So that was the sound of the "snap" at :10? I can hear my MCL pop on cam when I tore mine 2 seasons ago. How the fuck did you're leg break it looks like pretty standard shit going on there??? Did your edge hang up for a split second or what?

Vibes for the injury dude. Time to start getting strong for next year.

As an aside, I don't really get the whole straightlining craze. I mean yeah I guess it looks badass but I've always thought skiing is more about the turns. Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

fuck man just a freak tweak at the wrong time.... could have happened to anyone, better bone than the knee though you will probly catch some spring fun in the sun

haha yo man i think i saw you in the alta clinic this afternoon after they got my shoulder back in. broke tib/fib in april, you'll be right as rain sooner than you think.

Yeah, that really did look like a freak incident. Also curious about exactly what happened - if you even remember.

That hurts just to watch... I've been lucky enough to never have a serious injury, but I've always just had that feeling that if/when I do it will be something freak on a groomer and not in the trees/backcountry. Vibes, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    So that was the sound of the "snap" at :10? I can hear my MCL pop on cam when I tore mine 2 seasons ago. How the fuck did you're leg break it looks like pretty standard shit going on there??? Did your edge hang up for a split second or what?
    Got milk. The OP needs to drink more milk - clearly calcium deficient!

Dude, just kidding. That sucks but you'll be back! Drink milk!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Hard left rudder from the back seat - hit a bump?

Ahahah great title for the video

On your ski it says I <3 Meth. Maybe lay off the meth

Heal up dude

Haha I get sooo many awesome reactions from that sticker. Especially riding PC, moms and dads with kids FREAK on the lift, I get all sorts of lectures and shit. I've also gotten a few stories from dudes that used to be way into hard drugs and how they've now dedicated their lives to skiing/

The break was fucking crazy, I definitely didn't catch an edge. I stomped the cliff and just had a bit more speed than I wanted, so I was just making a big right hand turn to lose a bit of speed. It wasn't the cliff that messed me up, I stomped it and I was super stoked and nodding my head to my music, way stoked to get a good start to the day, and then all of a sudden SNAP! and I went down. The pain wasn't terrible at first, but when I fell, my right leg twisted and my ski popped off, and that's when the pain really started.

And downbound train- I hit a bump, but I think I must have just hit it just right because I haul ass down ballroom regularly in sketchier conditions and have no problems.

I just got out of surgery about an hour ago, they put a Ti rod and three or four screws in my leg. I SHOULD be back by may-juneish, and if I really feel good about skiing, I'll probably sell my PS3 or something to buy a spring pass at bird.

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Damn dude, that sucks. I saw you getting a sled ride down the hill. I was wondering who it might be, 'cause I know some other guys with those same skis.

Yeah, it was me. I really never thought that I'd get injured badly enough to end up in a sled, but I guess that when someone skis as often as I do, shit's bound to go downhill eventually.

pun fully intended.

Bummer about the break. Look at it this way... Better it was bone than soft tissue. No?

Oh yeah, and for some reason, your video and the fact that you stated the pain wasn't terrible at first kind of remind me of this classic clip of a broken leg...
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

^holy balls, that video just hurt. I tried to move to grab my ski just a little bit before I was sure it was broken and felt my bone move around and just about passed out.

honestly man, don't even think about skiing this year, especially if it means spending money on a bird pass in may. this coming from a kid with 140 days last year before a broken leg and 80+ this year. just wait till it's healed and fully rehabbed.

I recommend more meth.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

hey don't meth with me!

c'mon guys, stop mething around in my thread.

That stickers has inspired many a drug story on lifts, it's a great time.