Rossignol Super S7 delaminated!?

First off, I need to start out by saying that I have been a devout Volkl follower and IMO the 195 SS7 (mounted -2) is a one quiver ski!

I have 14 days on this ski and was not happy to have my bluebird day at Snowbird on Sunday come to an early end. The top sheet under the rear heal piece pulled off of the ski. In case you're wondering, the binding were professionally mounted.

I spoke with the folks at Rossi this morning and they told me to send my skis back and they would "take a look most likely" replace the skis. Based on the call, I'm pretty confident Rossi will come thru and take care it.

Has anyone experienced or seen this as a problem with the SS7??

Attachment 89377

Attachment 89378

Nice work on the skis, that looks clean, warranty fo sure, ask for the 12 model! Sounds like you will get taken care of, shit breaks sometimes when you ride hard, no need to start thread about it! If not wed have a new Volkl delam thread daily on here!
    Last edited by skiwithcharlie; 01-24-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    Just fucking point it and shut up

Mine delamed in the exact same spot with the exact same binding. I sent it to Rossi directly (you can find their contact info on here) and they sent me a new pair in 3 weeks. That was pre-season so not sure how long it will take during the season.

No issues at all....they will ask you to mark where it delamed with duct tape or something, take the bindings off, mail both skis, include your receipt and give return shipping instructions/contact info.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

My buddies ski did the same thing under the toe with the fks. His warranty pair is now chipping/delamming at the tail. Could be more than just lemons you're getting.

I went through three pairs of "super" s7s in less than a season via cracked sidewalls underfoot. A friend has had one pair do the same. This ski has problems and for all of you who ski them, i hughly recommend checking your sidewalls regurlarly. That said rossi was very cooperative-almost seemed like they knew there was sn issue. Super fun ski but not Super tough.

Interesting findings here. Seems like I dont see/hear of any delam issues with the regular S7 (188). Maybe they are not getting to right "bond" between the core and the metal layer? I am interested in this ski but might now wait until the kinks are ironed out.

While it sounds like this isn't the first SS7 to delam and by now Rossi is probably working on a fix.... Its a great ski and and I can't wait for the replacement. At the end of the day I was thankful that the binding didn't come off.

The issue could be a "bond" issue but after looking at the splintered wood core, I am now wondering if it the issue has to with the wood? Maybe the wood under the mounting area needs to be more dense?

A great ski when you arent waiting for a warranty....i think its any issue with pressure under flex because the flex seemed to put too much pressure on the sidewalls...mine cracked without any kind of pressure except a firm landing off a modrate sized drop. Good luck with replacements....

I stand corrected, the super7 deserves its own "I paid way to much for these weak ass skis " thread!
    Just fucking point it and shut up

...ITS A ROSSI!!
    "People ask us to take them skiing, and I'm like, 'REALLY'? I mean if you want to get in an avalanche or just die somehow, then, YEAH, come with US!" - Nathan Wallace

Amen to Rossi flipping a new pair of '12 195 SS7's.... To bad after my first day on them today the same exact delam happened under the rear heal piece. UGGGHHHH!!!!

Sell the next warranty and buy some Atomics like I did....

Its not the ski it's the skier sitting back on the ski like a beginner

^ ha ha
    After about the same number of days you put on yours, I had the same failure. No fall, no binding pullout, no release. And no past issues with gear breakage, etc.

Shop let me know of some 'glue issues' in lamination. Maybe the Ti layer? No idea. They said rossi is pretty good WRT warranty, at FFR I'd go to the wall on this one...

Problem is - after the warranty and as much as a blast these skis have been I'm not sure if I want another pair.

I had a pair of 2011 Super S7s delam under both heals after about 10 days. They were super cool about the replacement and sent me 2012s which I was psyched about. I do like the way they ski but I don't trust them like a Volkl or Atomic.

I had problems with my SS7s, cracked sidewalls. However, since I had some rock damage on the bases (which wasn't directly related imo) they refused to warranty them. I loved how they skied so much, but I wouldn't buy rossignols again because of the whole experience.

sell 'em and get the AKJJ.