Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2107
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Well heck - new red power tubes ain't no kick in the head. My red tubes are getting a little compressed.
    Is this a thing? That would explain why the red tubes I once thought were God's gift to the Free Ride now don't seem all that different from the newer pair I ski with blue tubes. (I have the reds set one notch lower than the blues - and originally it seemed like a longer, smoother spring engagement - less of an on/off switch.)

Quote Originally Posted by ts01 View Post
    Is this a thing? That would explain why the red tubes I once thought were God's gift to the Free Ride now don't seem all that different from the newer pair I ski with blue tubes. (I have the reds set one notch lower than the blues - and originally it seemed like a longer, smoother spring engagement - less of an on/off switch.)
    Seems logical; can't "quantitatively" test until new/fresh reds are in hand.

Telemark skiing is dead.

[SOLD] Cross-post from gear swap. Selling a lightly used pair of Bishop BMF/R’s from last season:

FS: Bishop BMF/R (2022-2023)
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=356884
    Last edited by ski-wpk; 03-19-2024 at 09:30 PM.

"Lightly" used by ...... you?? Hmmmmmm .......

Telemark skiing is dead.

All the breakable parts are new as of last week. : )

Scottyrottens’ first impression skiing the new boot: https://m.facebook.com/groups/168478...ibextid=S66gvF

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Scottyrottens’ first impression skiing the new boot: https://m.facebook.com/groups/168478...ibextid=S66gvF
    Yeah, Craig Dottie's also been on the final version (as well as earlier prototypes) ....... they don't call him The Curmudgeon for nothing!
    (He has his doubts )
    Lots of jibber jabber about size and fit.

Telemark skiing is dead.

I haven’t seen Craig’s reviews. Where? Does he raise similar concerns and experience related to the tongue affecting the bellow flex?

I think Craig may have good impressions for touring and Scotty may have good impressions for downhill performance. I’ve skied and toured with Craig before (when we were both much younger). Scotty teaches tele. Both should have valuable details about fit.

Not sure if Dostie’s given more concrete reviews elsewhere but on the BCTalk thread for the boot he’s vaguely hinted about concern for the flex of the sole of the boot several times.

Yeah, Craig's perspective is obviously more BC oriented, hence a concern about the flex of the rear 2/3rds of the boot. As an obligatory groomer zoomer I'm not so worried about that, and suspect that with a little bit of use it will loosen up. Looking forward to trying it.

Crash test dummy!!! looking forward to your assessment.

If you watch Scotty’s videos in that FB post, you can see the bottom of the boot’s red “tongue” pushing against the bellows.

Yeah, tongue hitting the bellows sounds bad. I will say I’d take testing tele boots w/o baking the liner with a grain of salt.
    IME dropping a knee in an unbaked intuition is torture.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Yeah, Craig's perspective is obviously more BC oriented, hence a concern about the flex of the rear 2/3rds of the boot. As an obligatory groomer zoomer I'm not so worried about that, and suspect that with a little bit of use it will loosen up. Looking forward to trying it.
    isn't the whole point of the new boot to make it better for BC use? Did resort skiers need a new boot? For most of my use (resort), an increased walk mode and decreased weight are kind of irrelevant, but it's the BC part of the equation where the new boot could make a difference. Where there supposed other improvements that I don't know about?

Which is not to say that those matter to you or should matter to you, but how the boot works in the BC seems a pretty important piece of evaluating whether the new boot is good, IMO.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^Lol at that too Danno.

To me this seems like the exact boot I wanted. Basically an improved Tx or T2 to use w/ Lynx or Meidjo. But I rarely telemark in bounds anymore.

Hope a comp equivalent is planned for those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    isn't the whole point of the new boot to make it better for BC use? Did resort skiers need a new boot? For most of my use (resort), an increased walk mode and decreased weight are kind of irrelevant, but it's the BC part of the equation where the new boot could make a difference. Where there supposed other improvements that I don't know about?

Which is not to say that those matter to you or should matter to you, but how the boot works in the BC seems a pretty important piece of evaluating whether the new boot is good, IMO.
    Full agreement; however, since they have discontinued the Comp, we do indeed need a new resort boot. If the new Pro is better balanced than the old, shell vs bellows wise, it just may be reasonable, temporary (hopefully) substitute. And, as old age continues it's inevitable grinding down, it's only a matter of time before I may not be able to handle a Comp equivalent any more, so I've got that going for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken feathers View Post
    IME dropping a knee in an unbaked intuition is torture.
    I agree. Even trying on a boot with unbaked liner hurts. Makes it so difficult to find a good fit.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Just picked up a new-to-me pair of Voile V6 BC with Meidjos (3.0). Never used Meidjos except for ~30 minutes on Tainted Meat's skis on a hut trip.

Hoping that these will be my new hut trip skis going forward.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Curious to see what you critically think of them because if I jump to NTN, they are #1 on my list. I've heard not so great things about the Lynx.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Telemark skiing is dead.

I agree about issue of testing boots in unbaked liners and for only one day, when many of us realized that it takes a bit of use for the ntn boots to break in. Hopefully, Scotty will be dialing in his fit and giving it a good go.

Fwiw, I’ve always enjoyed touring on big “resort” boots or very light gear. I understand the appear of the T2 style of boot and have used them in resorts and touring, but they were never my jam. I’d love a tx comp stiffness of boot that skis well, fits me well, and has more touring-oriented specs.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 03-29-2024 at 05:43 PM.

I stupidly tried to ski a new pair of HD Race Intuitions (which they appear to not make any more????) un-baked. Not as much damage as I thought there would be based on the pain index, and now I know.

Looks like all Intuition has in HD now are power wraps - what's the consensus on free-heeling in power wraps, especially in the TX Comp?

I don't use the power wrap, but I do use a wrap liner from Intuition (Alpine model) and it works great.

PB- Seconding Danno on this. I asked a similar question here at start of season and took the leap from tongue to wrap in my Crispi WC’s and love it.

Also, @makers, take a look at Meidjo if you are scared of lynx. The flex is best/smoothest of all NTN imo but they are lighter than lynx I believe. Only downside is you have to mount them with paper template or get Fey bros or FHL to do it. I think they are the only two in the states with the jig (13 screws!). I ski them at the resort and have not had any issues except a broken tech toe metal piece that was apparently a known issue as bad batch and got warrantied.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by aBradAbroad View Post
    PB- Seconding Danno on this. I asked a similar question here at start of season and took the leap from tongue to wrap in my Crispi WC’s and love it.

Also, @makers, take a look at Meidjo if you are scared of lynx. The flex is best/smoothest of all NTN imo but they are lighter than lynx I believe. Only downside is you have to mount them with paper template or get Fey bros or FHL to do it. I think they are the only two in the states with the jig (13 screws!). I ski them at the resort and have not had any issues except a broken tech toe metal piece that was apparently a known issue as bad batch and got warrantied.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    My local shop in VT has a Meidjo jig, so I have to imagine they are around.

I have Powerwraps in TX Pros. Most excellent.

Anyone remember who runs the Intuition group buy? I’m on season 3 in my stock (tounged) Comp liners and ready to go back to a power wrap. Had them in T Races before switching to NTN.