Check Out Our Shop
Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    Haha. Punching the big toe straight out —kinda makes it look like an elf shoe. Cutting the gills made a HUGE difference.

Agreed on the boa. Really nice feature. Wish more companies would add boa to their liners.
    If you have the liners out next time and could snap a pic of the gill cutting on the toe, that would be helpful for me
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Took the new boards out over the weekend and was graced with a foot of fluff. They do ski great but I’m not sure the 188 length gets me anything worthwhile at this point. I look forward to skiing them with my normal Comp boot which has been broken for a week. Gonna ski them a bunch and see how I feel in a month.

In other news I bought two sets of the scarpa Q link wire kit for my tx comp boots and the package is now lost. Ups sez delivered and They are nowhere to be found. Pssssh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1646682036.078351.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	408598

Telemark skiing is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    If you have the liners out next time and could snap a pic of the gill cutting on the toe, that would be helpful for me
    Will do.

Edit:

Here’s the punch:

Name:	IMG_9434.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	542.2 KB 
ID:	409281

For the liner, I cut off that outer black layer on the big toe side of the center seam, and then cut the three slits marked in blue first. Skied them and they felt like they were halfway there. Instead of 2 more vertical cuts, I just went for it with that big horizontal one. No more toe issues.

Name:	IMG_9435.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	409282
    Last edited by Speedfreak; 03-12-2022 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

good day tele brethren - check my FS post in gear swap. Trying to get these into the hands of a (local) ripper.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ns-Lynx-in-SLC!

I maintain that back of boot center is legit.

Call it one. Or 1.5cm. Or two.
    But if you’re weighting your rear foot, it’s way too forward of ski mount when on ball of foot.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    Will do.

Edit:

Here’s the punch:

Name:	IMG_9434.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	542.2 KB 
ID:	409281

For the liner, I cut off that outer black layer on the big toe side of the center seam, and then cut the three slits marked in blue first. Skied them and they felt like they were halfway there. Instead of 2 more vertical cuts, I just went for it with that big horizontal one. No more toe issues.

Name:	IMG_9435.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	409282
    Thanks! Toe punch was heat gun and broomstick? I've never done it myself before.
    Does your toe get cold?
    These boots are pretty old so might as well experiment
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Thanks! Toe punch was heat gun and broomstick? I've never done it myself before.
    Does your toe get cold?
    These boots are pretty old so might as well experiment

I have access to a boot press, so heat gun and punch the crap out of it with the press. Never heard of using a broomstick. Not sure you’d get the force you need but it can’t hurt to try if you feel like you need it after working on the liner. I think if I did the liner first I probably wouldn’t have punched the shell.

They don’t get cold, but that’s just me. Ymmv.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

jme, I stumbled into this thread and saw the flag or whatever that is behind your skis - did ya get trey tix?

i sent the listing of the dps skis to my telefriend btw

Anyone in here tele’Ed on moment meridians or something with a similar profile(full rocker) and stiff flex pattern?

Trying to decide whether to mount them with NTN or cut them from the quiver and replace with a DW

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    In other news I bought two sets of the scarpa Q link wire kit for my tx comp boots and the package is now lost. Ups sez delivered and They are nowhere to be found. Pssssh

Name:	Image1646682036.078351.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	408598
    You probably had them stolen off your porch by the “No one cares” gang. Those guys are thug life: robberies, kidnapping, black market patchouli sales.

I’ll tell you on thing: now that they know you live there, they’re probably going to be back for your skis, granola supply, and wool sweaters.

“We drop knees... and anyone who tries to get in our way”.

#thuglife
    #freetheheelorwewillfreeitforyou

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    Anyone in here tele’Ed on moment meridians or something with a similar profile(full rocker) and stiff flex pattern?

Trying to decide whether to mount them with NTN or cut them from the quiver and replace with a DW

I put Lynxes on my Meridian Tours and liked them so much that I bought a set of Outlaw Xs and swap them on for inbounds days. They seem to have plenty of float in powder and they are super fun for carving GS-sized turns. Then again, I think the tour version is a little softer than the inbounds version, or at least my 2018 vintage 181cm Meridian Tours seem softer than the 187cm 2016(?) first-edition Meridians.

Anybody else not impressed with NTN?
    -James

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It doesn't behave well until it's going mach retarded.

Pretty broad question, what boots and bindings and what did you come from?

I switched about a dozen years ago, and couldn't imagine switching back. TX Pros, on Rotte Freeride (orange frame) and Freedoms. But the transition wasn't seamless, it did take a little adjustment.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It took me a solid month of skiing to get used to ntn. I really like the edge control and power transfer, and the touring (pin boot & lynx) is excellent.

But it is so easy to alpine turn I find myself doing it way more often than on 75mm. I am not going back though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

I’m happy. I’ve met/know a few people that were not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerstripe40 View Post
    Me. I've been waiting 15 years for them to just figure out a damn reliable system. It's we fixed that or this, every few months. It's annoying. And I know a ton of people that ski them, and each one rationalizes the "quirks". BS. Losing a ski or switching into tour mode is not an option for me when I just need it to stay the fuck on. I love commenting on Dostie's youtube saying basically "another fail kinda fixed introduces another fail".
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Not me. I skied on75mm mostly 22designs for many years and switched to ntn a few years ago. Never even glanced back to 75mm. Yes there absolutely was an adjustment period though.

NTN telemark is a great advance in power and edge control and overall stability. I’m on outlaw X and skis of various widths, rocker and style. My skis don’t fall off - not sure how y’all get your skis to come off when doing normal skiing things.

I do need to revisit using the brakes w the outlaw as I would prefer a true step-in and brake system versus leashes but that’s been an issue forever which I haven’t really focused on.

Tele on dawgs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Me. I've been waiting 15 years for them to just figure out a damn reliable system. It's we fixed that or this, every few months. It's annoying. And I know a ton of people that ski them, and each one rationalizes the "quirks". BS. Losing a ski or switching into tour mode is not an option for me when I just need it to stay the fuck on. I love commenting on Dostie's youtube saying basically "another fail kinda fixed introduces another fail".
    I’ve only been on NTN for 14 inbounds day. Skied 75 for years and it’s definitely an adjustment period but I spin, flip and have hit a few cliffs without losing a ski yet. Definitely taken a few tumbles, it may be because I’m on outlaws and not a pin.

As written this is nothing more than a weak troll; please expand on your disappointment. Be sure to include specific types of NTN boots and bindings, plus skis used in conjunction with, that didn't impress.

But ..... if we didn't have the need to tinker, the tribe would fade away.
    Messing with our bindings has always, and probably will be, part of the free heeling dues blues. The perfect binding would ruin us.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    But ..... if we didn't have the need to tinker, the tribe would fade away.
    Messing with our bindings has always, and probably will be, part of the free heeling dues blues. The perfect binding would ruin us.
    I am ready to be ruined. Bring me reliability with step in, releasable, light, full tour mode, and brakes.

Or I could buy a diesel a6 manual or something.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    As written this is nothing more than a weak troll; please expand on your disappointment. Be sure to include specific types of NTN boots and bindings, plus skis used in conjunction with, that didn't impress.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    I’ve only been on NTN for 14 inbounds day. Skied 75 for years and it’s definitely an adjustment period but I spin, flip and have hit a few cliffs without losing a ski yet. Definitely taken a few tumbles, it may be because I’m on outlaws and not a pin.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Not me. I skied on75mm mostly 22designs for many years and switched to ntn a few years ago. Never even glanced back to 75mm. Yes there absolutely was an adjustment period though.

NTN telemark is a great advance in power and edge control and overall stability. I’m on outlaw X and skis of various widths, rocker and style. My skis don’t fall off - not sure how y’all get your skis to come off when doing normal skiing things.

I do need to revisit using the brakes w the outlaw as I would prefer a true step-in and brake system versus leashes but that’s been an issue forever which I haven’t really focused on.

Tele on dawgs!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Pretty broad question, what boots and bindings and what did you come from?

I switched about a dozen years ago, and couldn't imagine switching back. TX Pros, on Rotte Freeride (orange frame) and Freedoms. But the transition wasn't seamless, it did take a little adjustment.

Decided to go the full monty this year and get a brand new setup. Skis (Bishop Chedi 184s drilled for inserts) , boots (Scott Voodoos), bindings (OutlawX), Skins, and a lurk.

Skied the NTN setup once, did one lap and the boots hurt so much they made me puke.

Talked to my boot fitter and the boots were the wrong shell size. So I returned them, got both the Scarpa TX. Comp and the Scott Voodoo in the right shell size and the Boot fitter then spent about 2 hours with me looking at the boots. Scarpa fit better in the toes, but too narrow in the heel and the arch of the foot. The voodoos gave me the room I needed in the heel and arch, but toes were too narrow. The boot fitter decided that they could make the Voodoos work, so I returned the Scarpas. Had to go back to the boot fitter 2 more times to get the boots to work.

Now I can ski the setup longer, but the forward lean of the Voodoos blitzes my quads. I last about 3 hours on the NTN setup and then I am blowing my turns and swapping out for the training heels.

I swap my Hammerheads onto the Bishops and run my 75mm boots (Garmont Ener-G's for those taking notes) and I feel like I have a more stable platform that I am confident on and can ski 8 hours on that.

I've had about a dozen days on the NTN Gear so far.

So really, my disappointment here is with the NTN boots and the fact that there are only, really, 2 to choose from and NEITHER fits well.
    -James

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It doesn't behave well until it's going mach retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    It took me a solid month of skiing to get used to ntn. I really like the edge control and power transfer, and the touring (pin boot & lynx) is excellent.

But it is so easy to alpine turn I find myself doing it way more often than on 75mm. I am not going back though.
    It didn't take me a month, just a few days, but there was an adjustment (for my first pair, zero adjustment for my second). I do make a lot of alpine turns too because it is so damn easy and I'm lazier in my old age, and not because there's any deficiency in making tele turns with the binding.

I have two pair, neither has broken, over a few hundred days. Neither has had any quirks that needed rationalizing, both have worked fine and stayed the fuck on, all the time. I have had one release, and it was in a place where they should have released and I was glad they did. And my boots are the best I have ever owned. I switched because I wanted a binding with brakes and step in, that still made great tele turns. And I got that. The vast improvement in alpine turns was an unexpected bonus. Once I got past the first few days (and got into the TX Pro, because my original Garmont Prophets never fit right), I have not regretted the switch one tiny bit.

In my vast experience following tele bindings (similar to yours), most bindings required some tinkering. My old hammerheads had the weird reverse heel throw trick for touring, because switching between pivot points in the field was a pita. My O1s had their share of quirks and breakage issues. We don't even need to discuss G3s.

You don't have to want to switch, nobody cares that you ride 75mm. And I get the idea of "if it ain't broke don't fix it," if your boots/bindings work perfectly and you have nothing more you want out of them, great. But to act like you have a strong evidence-based reason to stick with 75mm, because something is substandard about the NTN offerings, is pretty fucking silly and wrong.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm talking tech toe NTN.

I'm talking tech toe NTN.
    well, that's a pretty important piece to leave out, no?

regardless, it's a fairly new system and just like perfecting the duckbutt and its use took a while (how long was Mitch touting NTN before we saw them in the wild?), perfecting tech toe usage does too. That said, the vast majority of people that made the switch to tech toe tele aren't going back, from what I see, and that says a lot.

You just enjoy being a curmudgeon. Should we start calling you Benny?