Dynafit brake retrofit - change springs??

Purchased some brakes for my brakeless vertical ST's

I know how to install them thanks to the Wildsnow pictorial description but confused about changing springs and whether its required/recommended. There's references to softer black springs and needing to change to keep release values consistent with scale.

I didn't get any replacement springs with my brakes (just the brake and the retainer clip). Are they standard and I should have?

Not that big of a deal. The brakes add some rotational resistance, so you can put some softer springs in there to account for the difference. If you're worried about it, just bump the release settings down by 1 or 2. Not like they're really that accurate anyway.

^ +1

If you are really worried about it, give Dynafit a call and order some more springs.

^
    ^
    X3. I went the other way and removed the brakes, but it's probably only about a 1 DIN difference, and most of the time I ski with the toes locked anyway.

There are other friction factors that affect lateral release just as much and people never talk about them (ie. how far to the sides your boot heel recesses go, whether you maintain and lubricate your pivot post, etc.)