Thread: Contour GPS

Contour GPS

Hey everyone so i recently received a Contour GPS for Christmas and was wondering if anyone here had any reviews or thoughts on the product. Over time ive seen many people here say that the GoPro is the way to go but im very interested in the GPS aspect of this cam. I don't want to take it out the box and mess around with it before i am positive it is the cam i want because i could easily return it and get the GoPro1080p for the same price. This contour also has multiple different recording resolutions which also interest me however the majority here says that the GoPro shoots better footage and is easier to work with. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

BTW: the contour GPS says it can record speed, elevation, and distance traveled. Wondering how well this works, especially with the sub par software that ive seen complaints about.

might do a search and look in the photo/video forum as well...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I did but there wasn't anything specific to the Contour GPS, since its a new product. When i searched there was tons of stuff on the Contour vs. GoPro but im wondering if the GPS aspect and multiple resolution capabilities might make it worth holding on to. But yea ill take a look around.

Anyone? the battery latch is now not working correctly so its impossible to charge or upload unless i personally apply the pressure to keep the battery in place. Its only a small piece of plastic that is used and it doesn't look broken or anything it just straight up doesn't work. Not super stoked at the moment.