skull candy headphones

their buds show up on steep and cheap all the time. They are priced like multi-driver buds (MSRP), but appear to only have 1 driver like normal cheap-o headphones. The steepandcheap price bings them down to a cheap 1driver ear bud.

Are they multiple drivers (as MRSP would suggest) or single drivers way overpriced?

what they are, is shit. the cheaper SC buds last longer than the more expensive pairs i've had. im just about to send in my 13 pair on warranty in about 2 years. granted they replace almost everything, the shipping/turnaround time is getting ridiculous to deal with. im on to some cheap jvc buds now, and so far im happy with the switch.

skullcandy

i would reccomend staying as far away from skullcandy as possible. they break like no other. the only guanantee i can make is that they WILL break. drop the money on some well made headphones forusure.

same shit as all the other low to mid priced shit that you will typically find in big box stores
    holy fucking shitballs

Except the other shit headphones don't have skull stickers that every 14 year old badass wants to throw on their mom's minivan.

http://www.sennheiser.ca/live/senn/produit/en/1317/161

personally i use these ones... water resistant, good sound quality, lasts (unlike SC), and they stay in your ear extremely well..

Bought two pairs of SCs before I realized that they break immediately; one pair didn't work out of the box. I appreciate that they have a good warranty, but I'm not spending the dollars/effort to mail back a $10 set of headphones every month.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

thanks for the heads up. Been using a pair of smokin's for a couple years, mostly just on flights, they've been working fine, but i'll start planning for their replacements....
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I've been using some cheap skull candy earbuds for a couple years now. Picked 'em up at Target for like $12. They sound pretty decent, come with different buds for the perfect fit, and are dirt cheap. I know there are MUCH better options, but these are so cheap I look at these as disposable. Pretty good bang for the buck. I can't attest to the actual over/on the ear phones, though. They always did seem kinda cheap feeling. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

as said before, they don't last, so if you are buying them on steepandcheap, buy 3 pairs

Before you even consider buying skullcandy, take a look at this article.
    http://gizmodo.com/5617200/the-secre...-cheap-earbuds

Get some klipsch headphones.
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

SC sucks, I have some senn's that I like, but snowboard in the phillips/oneill's that came out recently. I like their rope wire and the waterproofing.
    "No avy training but I've watched K2 so many times I think I know what to look for." -JoeStrummer

so, total shit. Good to know. That gizmodo article was interesting.
    Don't think I can spend $100 on earphones though, I keep stepping on them.