Check Out Our Shop
Page 240 of 465 FirstFirst ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 11608
    Magic is my favorite mountain. The terrain is made for storms like this. There's a lot of stuff we worked on last summer that has never been in play until this storm. Nowhere I'd rather be than in line for the red chair on Thurs morning at 8:30am. But it's a 3 hour drive, $50 in gas, and I currently live 3 miles from Jay and have a pass there.

I'll be at Magic in the AM with 2 non mag snowboard friends who think I'm crazy bringing them down to S.VT BTW. Red Jacket K2 PEs yelling "titty ballz"
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Sounds like a Magic Mini is going to be going on tomorrow. Not going to lie when I say I'm extremely jealous. Hope to see you all Thursday morning.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Looking like I may be at magic. Anyone heading up from Boston? What's the best route in a snowstorm?
    Support a 6,000 mile bike tour for early literacy!

http://www.ride4ror.com

best route

Quote Originally Posted by MassLiberal View Post
    What's the best route in a snowstorm?
    early, like really fucking early, like right now.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    early, like really fucking early, like right now.

rog
    This sounds like the truth. This is also why I'm waiting until Thursday.

I'll be at Cannon Thursday. I've got a raging snow boner, a lime green one piece snowsuit, and Dynastar Legend Pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    those with 185 praxis's I could be interested. Anyone have any input on whether or not Bumpskier would like them? I owe her some pow boards.
    If D can fit in a small Duke she can give mine a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by MassLiberal View Post
    Looking like I may be at magic. Anyone heading up from Boston? What's the best route in a snowstorm?
    Probably 2 to 91, then exit 6, RT 5. Mapquest it.

Wish I was able to make it there, sounds like it's gonna be a maggot infestation. Hopefully we'll see some good stoke tomorrow night!

I'm headed to MRG Thursday morning.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gore-Tex View Post
    I'll be at Cannon Thursday. I've got a raging snow boner, a lime green one piece snowsuit, and Dynastar Legend Pros.

^^^^^

Al! Will you be brown bagging a turn buckle sandwich? Should be a fun day indeed.
    Feeling anxious, a little paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by abe froman View Post
    ^^^^^

Al! Will you be brown bagging a turn buckle sandwich? Should be a fun day indeed.
    ^^^^^^
    Yo, Kent, that you, brah? If you have room in the Westfalia then I have a pound of salami and cheese and a couple new Dead bootlegs. If it aint broke then it sure is stoke!

For a dude that was just recently injured hardcore, T_C rips.

I'll have a few more maybe tomorrow... Should be studying for damned exams.

addit for page top tunes
    go Go GO!

23-24: 73. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

^^^^ For guy that thought he might [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191070"]lose his leg[/ame] or at least never ski again, that is fucking amazing. TC, you are a credit to the Maggot race.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Change of plans due to fear of driving back to Franconia tomorrow at 4pm. Magic is out Cannon is in. Orange Arcteryx black pants, Praxis Powderboards if it is deep enough, Scott Missions if it ain't.

Biggest regret is I won't be seeing TC ripping it up today. Hope it stays all snow for you guys and no sleet. Noaa just altered its Londonderry forecast.
    Last edited by neufox47; 02-02-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Not going to make it tomorrow, but I'm in for Thursday.

Roark, just got your msg and would have told you to just go... Hope you figured something out!

Drive safe out there boys and girls, and take that pow's lunch money for me too!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    That is just awesome! Way to go TC.

Snow just got underway about an hour ago here in coastal Maine.

Drive safe, have fun today mags. I'm off for my own adventures.

I bet the Groundhog will see his shadow today....
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

Just got started up here, only a couple inches so far since last night. I may try to get up this afternoon but def thurs morning.

WED. AM UPDATE

Looks like the storm has occluded. The center of surface low pressure is off in Ohio, a deep flow of warm air advection is funneling precip throughout the NE. It looks like given the occlusion that heavy snow will fall through the ADKs and Greens throughout the Morning. A dryslot will work through the Catskills as the storm wraps itself off from the primary low in the Great lakes. A few more specifics. Looks like a very heavy batch of snow is about to punch into So. VT. While the bright banding could be sleet, thermal profiles say it’s all snow. Tough to tell but I’m siding with snow. Further north the snows will remain steady for at least the next few hours.

Now here is something interesting as well…looks like we’ll get a second round of snow showers (some heavy) as the upper level low moves through the region later today and tonight. How much snow we get from this will be hard to tell. However I think if we roll all the parts of the storm together (yesterday, today, and snow showers tonight) we’ll be right in range for the totals I laid out below. Maybe a little lower in the Cats but overall pretty close.

Schuss more at: Dy-no-mite! Powerful Storm On Tap for Much of NY, VT and NH : Famous Internet Skiers - Earn Your Turns

it's puking right now in Walpole! i'm heading to L-Derry soon.
    crab in my shoe mouth

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    it's puking right now in Walpole! i'm heading to L-Derry soon.
    That's a lovely self-portrait, Buttah

Heading up today. White room tomorrow & Friday. Hope to see you there.

wow... this thing is a beast. everywhere is going to be good
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

dumping in montreal, if anyone from up here wants to skip work and head south tomorrow i can fit two in my car. jay, smuggs, orford, etc
    Last edited by grapedrink; 02-02-2011 at 07:07 AM.

fucking shit that happened fast- I was up at 5:30 and there were a few flakes in the air, looked again at 6:20 and it was still barely snowing, then by 6:45 when the sun came up the hammer came down. Cant see the barn from the house. Definately the heaviest snow (visibility wise) this year....

Holy crap dude. Haven't kept up with this thread or TC's knee lately, and just opened it up this morning. TC...WAY TO GET AFTER IT, glad you're getting out! Great vibes to start a powder day!

Get some boys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post

I'll have a few more maybe tomorrow... Should be studying for damned exams.

addit for page top tunes

FKNA, TC! I bet the snow tastes that much sweeter being able to get after it again. Getting a later start here as the rain washes the ice off the roads and driveway, hoping to get a coupla hours in at Platts this afternoon.
    Silent....but shredly.