Check Out Our Shop
Page 136 of 252 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 6280
    Where was oly today? Didn't seem too windy and the lines on KT were epic. (So was the snow)

Today was super fun, Bullhorn& Madturtle, hope you found some goods at Mott after we split, cause this is how our run went

Hmn...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    Squaw was pretty damn fun today. A bit of line at KT as the upper mountain was shut down as expected.
    Saw a few maggots and friends....a nice day for sure.
    We were at Sierra yesterday, it was kind of an "unsatisfying" day though The snow was fine, too many people, too much wind.

Our bus threw a chain just uphill of Strawberry, and took about an hour to get going.
    Grandview lift was closed until about Noon. West Bowl & Nob Hill were running.
    When GV opened there was a shit-show of a line. We had one untracked (upper part) in Jack's Bowl, then went back to NH for Avy Bowl.
    West Bowl wasn't really steep enough.
    Got back to GV and it was empty! Where the fuck did everybody go?
    Then they closed GV again, and NH, so only WB & Easy Rider were running (boo!)

Our *plan* is to head to Squaw tomorrow. Splat has some 179 Lhasa's for us to try

Our asses might be sorry about this (Bus seats) but we also *plan* to be at Sugarbowl on Saturday and Heavenly on Sunday.

Ride the Storm, Maggots!

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Mt. Rose this morning was the best snow I have ever skied there. Seriously face shots every turn, white room skiing in parts.
    Yup...took a long lunch and lucked out with perfect timing for the chutes.

Oh...my...GOD!!!!

Well I was going up tonight...80s been closed since about 3
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

50 is closed at Twin Bridges going east bound do to avy control. Accident on 50 going westbound near Pollock Pines but there's a detour available. I would not want to be on the road right now.

80 West was a bit of a trucksterfluck this morning, I imagine 80 East was way worse.

What everyone said about the wood today. Then at about 1pm, to make it down Carson Pass, we had to dig out a 18 wheel tanker truck that had jackknifed (although we had a little help from a CalTrans grader).

kb1dqh Guest
    Also about to head out from SF. Debating whether 80 will open or not...

When did this thread turn into the official Tahoe roads and highways report? I'm starting to expect TR's from epic drives over 50 or 80 complete with wiper shots and blower chowing banks POV footage.

Speaking of roads - it was good right of the edge of one of them this morning. Gondy laps were great but incredibly hammered by the masses by the end of the day.

Thankfully the dude working the reset button seems to have a twitchy finger right now....

Alpine was $$$ today. When summit closed no one seemed to realize that Sherwood was spinning. Ran waist deep laps without crossing tracks from 12-3 until they closed the whole mountain.

It was an killer day at the Gnar...Lookout and Backside's trees were fantastic.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by turboLT View Post

... new to Squaw and all but I don't understand why people are jerks about KT. There is a lot of other awesome terrain on the mountain and I'd personally rather get unmolested fresh stuff in another spot than fight over KT. It's good, but it's not that good. Maybe i'm missing something.
    kt is pure skiing. you ride a chair for 6-7 minutes then you ski steeps non-stop the whole way back to the lift. you don't have to hike, you don't have to traverse, and you get long, consistent, steep pitches. plus 95% of the time it's the least crowded lift on the mountain. if you're not on kt, you're just fucking around.

it will grow on you... i didn't even ski it the first year i lived here. now i almost never leave. i love headwall, too, but kt is on another level. plus it spins every day (with almost no exceptions).

that being said, maybe it will never grow on you. one of the coolest things about squaw is there are a million ways to ride there...

a couple dozens laps on the mothership... (open with google earth)
    Still waiting...

7AM Thursday and 4PM Thursday in Truckee...this is hard to watch from afar...

"I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Mt. Rose this morning was the best snow I have ever skied there. Seriously face shots every turn, white room skiing in parts. An assortment of park rats straightlining (leaning waaaay back) just to keep moving.

Tried out the new 192 Voile Drifters today. A bigger ski would not have been excessive -- it was that good. (and I doubt I'll keep the Drifters; they're a bit too turny for my taste in pow skis)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Yup...took a long lunch and lucked out with perfect timing for the chutes.

Oh...my...GOD!!!!
    OMG indeed. I showed up at 1:30-ish after seeing that chuter had popped online... missed it by an hour but it was still teh sick. I almost shoulder bumped an orange jacketed stoke meister sort of under and to skiers right of the chuter chair, where I had some balls-deep turns. We clacked poles at the bottom, but I wasn't thinking clearly and forgot to ask for change!?! Anyone fess up??? Vis wasnt stellar, but in the trees was fine and everything was smooth like butter.

I had a red shell, brown pants and Moment Bibby's, who wants to touch me?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    Alpine was $$$ today. When summit closed no one seemed to realize that Sherwood was spinning. Ran waist deep laps without crossing tracks from 12-3 until they closed the whole mountain.
    in the afternoon before the mountain closed i saw the lights on the main map say Scott and Sherwood were running. I personally checked Scott via roundhouse and it was closed, so i figured Sherwood was closed too. LUCKY!!

bigtime money though! while scott and summit were running I had some of the best runs. promised land was ridic deep and untracked. This powder is the perfect weight - awesome float, turning, and faceshots all day on piste.

best day I've had this season yet

where I'm staying in Tahoe Donner had maybe an 1.5 inches a few days ago and is now officially nipple deep

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    My crystal ball says that the spur defies prediction.
    QFT.

wake up 3am, Spur is open! back to bed!
    ski mad pow for 3 hours, Spur is closing at 1:00? okay, we'll get on the road then
    spur already closed at 12:50. fuk
    down to SLT. check Caltrans website, Spur is open again? Why are we not skiing right now!

sorry SC!

all worth it to finally ski some pow again!

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    gimpy--only about 8" storm total in our yard. I'm guessing probably barely enough to do your favourite runs...but not if you love your skis. Enjoy!

damn bro, u know i love my skiis but i love those runs way more then my skis as evidenced by evvvvverybody passing me on the flats due to my no wax scratched as fuk praxi. 8" is more then enough and u r sposed o get more tonight and tomorrow so id bet u'll have a foot manana. so i say game fucking on if its not too stormy and the snow bonds well. i've skied those runs w/ 3" down there and it was enough unless u treat your skis like jewels and not tools.

road laps this am were off the fucking hook and will be there again early manana unless there is zero vis. the heave was pretty good. had 1 good mostly untracked raleys run but by the 2nd it was pretty played. the maggies traverse was put in by a pro so that rocked. really too bad the passes are blacked out this weekend cause the gville shit will be on fire so hopefully its doable for us manana.

this next storm is coming in pretty windless from what i understand so the most iconic peaks n face in desolation could be a go this weekend but the trailbreaking could be epic. 4-6' of blower over many miles and lots of vert wil require mulyiple people to help so if anyone is down and ready to work yo ass off let me know

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    had 1 good mostly untracked raleys run but by the 2nd it was pretty played
    Was plenty untracked as we got first helpings in there today and busted the track out at the bottom. Ended up getting 4 really good runs in there, pic of Spats above was from the 4th, maybe see ya in g-ville manana.

Here's a shot of Madturtle getting massive air today.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    Lucky indeed! Scott closed around noon and everyone made the mad dash to Six just to see it close. I had just come down from a zero vis trek on the ridge so just assumed that Sherwood was closed. The sign at the top of Scott said it was closed as well. So nice stealth move! I bailed for Homey and was happy with that move.

Did Scott reopen or did you take hotwheels to get over there?

Kirkwood totally sucked today

Wow. So glad to be sick today.

Kirkwood today: Deep! Too deep really. And, the snow was wind affected so it was grabby. Still epic. Not like that in a decade that i can recall. 6 after 2pm was great and blown in refills were perfect. Still hammering at the resort. I drove to both gates and was denied. 12 hours in the car and ended up in Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Kirkwood today: Deep! Too deep really. And, the snow was wind affected so it was grabby. Still epic. Not like that in a decade that i can recall. 6 after 2pm was great and blown in refills were perfect. Still hammering at the resort. I drove to both gates and was denied. 12 hours in the car and ended up in Carson.
    Oh how soon we forget. January 2008 about 4 days after new years.. 134 inches at Kirkwood.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Reports from the working class that went to KW today were mainly like 'Kuros not fat enough' etc..
    For the first time ever, my Comis felt as useless as XC skis. The deep powder was pissing me off, as was the blower that kept hitting my face.

The wind was pissing me off too. The wind was ripping and snow kept refilling my tracks, which pissed me off because now I can't admire my handiwork. And there was no one around where I skied so I had to hit all the untracked powder singlehandedly. do you realize how tiring that was?...and what if I skied into a treewell or contracted a NARSID with no one around the empty empty mountain?

Today would be in my Top-3 pissed off ski days I've had this season. I'm sure Clack, J-Metz, davep, Arty, mildbill, slim, SSD, ShawnB and a bunch of others were equally pissed.

I wish I stayed at work to finish up my TPS reports.
    Last edited by Superstar Punani; 02-18-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Lucky indeed! Scott closed around noon and everyone made the mad dash to Six just to see it close. I had just come down from a zero vis trek on the ridge so just assumed that Sherwood was closed. The sign at the top of Scott said it was closed as well. So nice stealth move! I bailed for Homey and was happy with that move.

Did Scott reopen or did you take hotwheels to get over there?
    After 3 or so laps off of roundhouse I took hotwheels over. The wind was coming across and filling in tracks every other lap, it was unreal how bottomless it was in high wind affected areas.