Check Out Our Shop
Page 250 of 252 FirstFirst ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 6280
    And Vets milks the nipple dry...

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Slim to none.
    Ya sure? My inbox this morning says otherwise.

http://www.skialpine.com/ski-tickets/season-passes

Quote Originally Posted by Corduroy Commander View Post
    Ya sure? My inbox this morning says otherwise.

http://www.skialpine.com/ski-tickets/season-passes
    Yeah, it looks like those who bought Alpine/Squaw/Homewood passes through yesterday will add Squaw. But as of today....
    not counting days 2016-17

so with this announcement does that officially make it the new season?
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Until I can make turns on NEW snow, it is still My 10/11.

Hopefully, my October turns will be 11/12.

Let it Snow!

Tomorrow is New Years. Shana Tova. Does that make it a new season?
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Lola is still holding nicely (I schussed it yesterday).
    It's about an hour drive from Truckee, then about 1.5 hour hike on a well-heeled trail.
    The snow is sweet with minimal suncups and about 15 turns long (these are medium to long radius turns). Plenty of entertaining lines, so much so that if you got up there early you could milk it for a few hours w/o getting bored.
    Hike out takes about 50 minutes.
    Only caveat is that you might need a vehicle with 4x4 clearance (I have a Taco Mama, but didn't even put it into 4wd while driving up or down, but I did bottom out a few times on some rocks).
    Dookey, care to PM me some directions? Is it even possible? I have camped and fished back there numerous times and it seems like those logging roads are a cluster faaack! I need to bag my September turns on Friday and am looking for an alternative to CP!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Just curious....Does any one know of any 3/4 bedroom houses, apartents, condos in tahoe city area for rent from nov.1 and on? furnished or not. Ive checked some listings but they seem to cater more to the weekly vacationers then people trying to move out to the area. Or if anyone knows some good sites to look at that are not expensive weekly rentals? guess I'll keep looking....

Check Craigslist, obviously, as well as Housing Connection and the Sierra Sun classifieds.
    not counting days 2016-17

This thread may be a moot point soon...
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

It will not snow until this thread hits 500K.

But it wouldn't really bother me if it did snow first.

it will not snow untill this thread is GONE!!!!!

two tahoes on the front page=no snow for tahoe
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Tahoe still has plenty of left over snow. 10-11 leftovers will be covered by 11-12 fresh. Regardless of when it starts I plan to be skiing this weekend. Time to add another month to the streak.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It will not snow until this thread hits 500K.

But it wouldn't really bother me if it did snow first.
    6k seems like a long way to go... If that's what it takes I'll write a macro to click the thread 24 hours a day until it can make 6k views this weekend.

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

RF, I'm leaving town so sorry if you wanted the thread to last a little longer, but that probably means huge dump next week. THE DEEPEST POW IN SEPTEMBER EVER! I'll be trying to find some patches near Twin Falls...
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

you do know september ends tomorrow, right?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Page 250!

Yep, I'm off to Chicago for the marathon next Thursday, the exact day of lowest snow levels. You're welcome.

Powdork, if you mean to alert me that September ends tomorrow and that is the last chance for turns in month 9 of the year of our Lourde, I already took care of that on Labor Day by biking up to Castle Pass (apparently passing by some strolling psychologist woman):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	324016_2369278719662_1481281888_32740004_8319860_o.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	100766
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

i was just clarifying that next weeks dumpage will not be the deepest pow in september ever.

didn't she leave a phone number?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Dude! No digits. What a tease! Maybe she was leaving me a hint with the receipt, like she shops at Safeway or something...

And no, without a time machine or reforming the Calendre of our Lourde, snow next week will not occur in September. Very good, sir.

didn't you post up on CL Missed Connections "Looking for the girl in the pink hoodie"? (she had cute writing, even though she didn't put hearts above her "i's"...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

maybe this post should be the thread killer.

Hey all you San Francisco Bay and Northern California backcountry enthusiasts. You may have read some weather wisdom from 213 on the tahoe and eastern sierra threads. Or maybe it was the off da hook glimpses into his backcountry adventures. Well the time has come, 213 is presenting a slide show on October 4, 2011 in Santa Rosa.

My local climbing club is stoked to have him and I want to personally invite everyone to come check it out.

Below are all the details

Rock Ice & Mountain Club Presents:

Ben Hatchett: Mountain Weather for High Altitude Gravity Enthusiasts

Location: Round Table Pizza, 2065 Occidental Road, Santa Rosa

Time & Date: Tuesday, October 4th, 2011 @ 7:30 PM (Social hours and free beer for members at 6:30)
    Directions: From Highway 101 at Santa Rosa go west on Highway 12 to Stony Point Road Exit. Go straight from the middle lane at the light onto Occidental Road. The Round Table Pizza is on the right just down the road.

Ben Hatchett is a homegrown Californian who has been a disciple of the mountain lifestyle for 16 years. Ben relocated to Nevada to complete his Ph.D in atmospheric science from the University of Nevada, Reno. Ben’s goal in life is to never stop having fun, to experience the best of the Sierra alpine environs in all seasons and to travel to mountain ranges that test his limits.

Ben will be showing photos from a variety of his mountain activities, mostly in California, but also Europe and Alaska, and will share insight about forecasting techniques and mountain weather phenomena that can be readily used to enhance your own backcountry adventures. Check out his website at http://www.powdiction.com for sierra weather updates and skiing, snowboarding and climbing outings.

Future Rock Ice & Mountain Club Presentations:

November 1: Mike Libecki - Mike will present about 5 short films on his expeditions to Antarctica, Greenland, Venezuela, China, and Afganistan. This is a can't miss presentation. http://www.mikelibecki.com
    If you have not seen any of Mike's presentations or videos, you gotta make it up to this one. It will be killer.

December 6: Greg Crouch - Pagatonia
    http://gregcrouch.com/about

Greg has done a lot of climbing in Patagonia and will give a solid presentation about his climbing adventures in Patagonia.

Membership:

Membership in the Rock Ice and Mountain club is $20 annually (or $25 for a family membership). Membership is not required to attend monthly meeting and presentations.

Membership benefits include organized climbing and mountaineering trips, and miscellaneous coupons (varies over time) from places like Hood Mountain Adventures, Mountain Hardware and Vertex Indoor Climbing Gym. Current members also get a pro-deal with Mountainsmith.

The Rock Ice and Mountain Club is the North Bay's premiere climbing and backcountry club. Founded in 1994, we provide climbing opportunities and networking to the North San Francisco Bay community through frequent outings and monthly gatherings. Our free monthly meetings on the first Tuesday of each month have features lecture and slide presentations by members and world class climbers like: David Wilson, Glen Denny, The Benegas Brothers, Tom Cole, R.D. Coran, Jerry Dodrill, Armin Fisher, Hans Florine, Jacqeline Florine, Tom Shore, Jim Thornburg, John Hart, Josh Helling, Bob Hoffman, Kevin Jorgesen, Robert Link, Doug Robinson, Tom McMillan, Chris McNamara, Ron Kauk, Chris Jones, Doug Stoup, Cory Rich, Ed Cooper and special events with Conrad Anker, Galen Rowell, Royal Robbins and Andy Selters.

Recent shows have included account of climbing in Asia, Nepal, Sierra Nevada and the Southwest deserts. The club organizes trips in Sonoma County, Pinnacles, Yosemite, Tahoe and other locations in California and beyond.

http://www.rockicemountain.org

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    didn't you post up on CL Missed Connections "Looking for the girl in the pink hoodie"? (she had cute writing, even though she didn't put hearts above her "i's"...
    It was back on labor day and my dance card is kinda full right now... But she prolly didn't get a very good look at me so you could maybe post up there for "girl in pink hoodie who thinks skiing in september is awesome" Go for it. Might help you out the next saturday night with something else to do besides flames on here at 2am. Just remember this is the TAHOE skiing/stoke/lonely hearts thread, with emphasis on the Tahoe. So no date pics from outside the region, mkay?

Unrelated: since I'll be in Twin Falls next week, where it might snow too, anyone know where to try near there for some sliding? We'll see who gets the most out of the system...

Make sure you guys take onehotchili with you when you go out of town. That guy is fucking gold when he leaves. Seriously, it always dumps when he's gone.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Hmm...work meeting is scheduled for Wednesday evening...but hoping to do turns at Rose that evening. Work or play? Play or work?
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com