Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    He looks like a fat guy with a coke problem.

doughboyshredder Guest
    I would be amazed if those nostrils are intact.

What a bunch of f*cktards indeed! Easily avoided and instead you chose this? Being sued and losing is going to hurt and then losing whatever customers you had for your worthless products is going to hurt more! Smart move over a few hundred bucks! Nicely done! Hope it all blows up in your face!!!

Last edited by lynchdogger; 07-23-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Well I wasn't aware Grenade could be lowered to a whole new level of douchery. Keep diggin the hole, boys.

what are you guys talking about?! i mean, grenade embodies what snowboarding is all about!

Email sent.
    I've never run a business, but I feel like at this point, I could make better decisions than this guy.
    "I just looked down to see if I was wearing my seatbelt, and I'm sitting at my desk in my room."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/owencaprell/

Just to play devil's advocate here a bit though - what if the response from Grenade was "Sorry, bud, we had no idea it wasn't the rider's own pic. We've taken it down.". I mean, an unscrupulous photographer could quite easily allow their work to be used under the impression it's free and then bust out an invoice for usage, admin, late fees, etc etc.

how can I boycott a company that I don't support?

Quote Originally Posted by toiletduck View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate here a bit though - what if the response from Grenade was "Sorry, bud, we had no idea it wasn't the rider's own pic. We've taken it down.". I mean, an unscrupulous photographer could quite easily allow their work to be used under the impression it's free and then bust out an invoice for usage, admin, late fees, etc etc.
    I think it's more about the way he responded to said person. There was no respect at all. That's not cool

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    People buy gloves that aren't Hestra?

Now I'm intrigued...
    I was thinking the same thing.

The guy looks like a massive asshat anyways.

Does Kaas still have an interest in Grenade? if so, I'd boycott just based on the 15 minutes of my life I wasted watching part of a "Danny and the Dingo" episode.

email sent
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

got this reply from the email I sent:

Its actually been paid and it is bad press for him he will never get athlete work again and it is great press for us our army site is getting hits off the chain
    I never spoke to the kid if he is your friend you should help him out and tell him threatening people is not a good idea for future endeavors the word please goes along way

Sent from my HTC Touch Pro2 on the Now Network from Sprint®.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    dipshit, I can't heaaaaarrrr you
    Here, now you can

Originally Posted by doughboyshredder
    DBS: Fucking big time. Dude comes across like a huge fuckhead.
    Dexter rutecki: You run Grenade?

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by toiletduck View Post
    It never happens this way. Legit business people always double check the background for images they use on their websites and other marketing materials.

There are some athletes that set up action self portraits, but they're difficult to do. Usually the person doing the 'action' is not the photographer. Unless the person is in an obvious self portrait, it's not safe for a business to decide that the subject of an image owns all rights to it.

Some who want to skirt around paying for images often claim ignorance after the fact. If they really were completely unaware, they would probably have attempted to pay in some way for the mistake.

It's generally not the best form to offer gear in lieu of payment, but I understand why some companies do. (Most times they don't fully value the service.) They can't pay the electric bill with gloves, neither can the photographer. That being said, accepting gear in kind is perfectly okay when a company doesn't have many resources available or to augment cash payments.

After 7 years of business, I'm sure they know the ropes. They're hoping the photographer is green or simply "stoked" to get used.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
    ...Also, why no watermark on the photo? I thought that it was pretty standard procecure to watermark your photos when you shop them around, then when someone actually agrees to pay for them you forward them the original images? ....
    I've had to chase down businesses for compensation under very similar circumstances, and they cropped my name off the images they used. Watermarks over the subject of the photo is distracting, but unscrupulous people will just remove it and use the pic.
    Last edited by bklyn; 07-24-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post

Its actually been paid and it is bad press for him he will never get athlete work again and it is great press for us our army site is getting hits off the chain
    I never spoke to the kid if he is your friend you should help him out and tell him threatening people is not a good idea for future endeavors the word please goes along way

What a load of bullshit. I see the Chris on a daily basis and he definitely has not been paid.

i won't buy gloves again that aren't hestra anyway, but

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post

Wow, that's barely readable. I had to read it like four times to understand what the fuck he was saying. I also think it's still bad press for grenade even though "he's been paid". I would buy gloves from Chris before I bought them from grenade too. I'm sure there will be plenty of athletes that would work with him even though this douche thinks otherwise. Grenade can suck a fart out of my ass as far as I'm concerned.

shitty company that caters to douchebags, no suprise their management also consists of douchebags.

posted up on the FB. Looks like similar threads are on NS'ers, SierraSnowboard and a few other web forums. Kind of a small community to so willingly screw people within the community over...

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

Posted on Facebook. These guys suck and always have.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit on Facebook
    Not too surprised to see this but it really sucks for the photographer. I've got several friends who make their living as professional photographers. They provide us with inspiring images of our favorite things in life but it's not easy and they're certainly far from rich.

As far as I'm concerned Grenade's only real product is marketing, the gloves are certainly crap and logo stickers and people who sport them are annoying as hell. The company is pretty much a parasite on the snow riding community but I never cared too much because I'm not dumb enough to get caught up in the hype and actually buy anything they make.

Now their true colors are really coming out though. The remarks of douche bag CEO Joseph L. Condorelli are incredible as he tries to dodge payment for a photo used on their website. Check it out.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

"never worn a suit to work"

What,...is this guy now plagiarizing the Village People? Or is he just having them consult on his new line of ass-less snowboarding chaps.
    Calmer than you dude

doughboyshredder Guest
    posted this on snowboardseattle.com also.

That reply e-mail makes them seem even more fucked up.

Grenade sucks!

Am I missing something here, didn't the guy apologize for the misunderstanding and offer to take the picture down? Why the witchhunt? Summer on TGR?

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247 View Post
    "never worn a suit to work"

What,...is this guy now plagiarizing the Village People? Or is he just having them consult on his new line of ass-less snowboarding chaps.

WELL PLAYED SIR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Am I missing something here, didn't the guy apologize for the misunderstanding and offer to take the picture down? Why the witchhunt? Summer on TGR?
    I think you have been on here long enough to not be asking questions like this