Check Out Our Shop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sweetgrass Productions Official South America Film

Ladies and freaks, we're proud to bring you the third installment of Sweetgrass films-- a full winter in South America, from the Cordillera Blanca to the tip of Patagonia. 50 degree faces in Peru, big mountain riding in the central andes, and a board, noboard, ski, and drop knee flick coming your way September 2011. The blog is up and rolling, fresh off a paragliding mission from almost 18,000ft. More video, pics, and choice meats to flow this summer...stay tuned.

Sweetgrass in the field

Looks like it's going to be a sick one. Can't wait to see the film!
    [dk_ak] : they don't lke it when they see my lil dingy
    [dk_ak] : i tell them it is just a tug boat

I'll be looking forward to this film, and I'll be keeping my eyes peeled while in chile from end of august until mid-September

Buen viaje!
    Aggressive in my own mind

Sweetgrass is the f-in' best. Soul, travel, good music, no ego, culture, adventure... Just what I want! Can't wait to see what comes of this.

officially stoked. I just watched signatures 3 days ago to deal with the summer blues

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

can't believe I haven't rolled by your blog yet. quite nice writing there. enjoying it.

Very excited for this. Signatures was soooooo good.

Can't wait for it, eventhough I'll be bummed this fall with no Sweetgrass film. Hoping my bud J.T. can be strong enough to make the trip down for it.

JT originally out of wilmot?

Hope he can make it down there if that's who you're referring to.
    Aggressive in my own mind

so.... what about Arne?

Here's a blog about Arne from shortly after the accident. We send our warmth and love to the Backstrom family, anyone who called Arne a friend, and the bigger family of those who live and love what they do. We will honor his life with our work, continuing to push on with our film down here in South Am.

Stoked to see that Nick. Looking forward to the movie.

Nice, have seen both of the movies in Denver. Can't wait to see the next

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    JT originally out of wilmot?

Hope he can make it down there if that's who you're referring to.
    Yeah I'm talking that JT from back home in WI.

If you didn't hear he got busted up pretty bad towards the end of the season.

Here's his blog post and pics on the incident.

http://jtrobinson.blogspot.com/2010/04/crash.html

sweetgrass in sth america

Not much point in sweetgrass making great movies if they do not have great customer service. I ordered and payed for 2 copies of Signatures over 3 months ago and after 1 reply from Zac have heard nothing from them since. One copy was for my 82 yo fathers birthday which has come and gone. It is really dissapointing on lots of fronts not the least I want to watch the bloody movie . The pack of arseholes

good to hear from you guys.

can't wait. sweetgrass is one of my favorite ski production companies. plus i like that you give away canned meat products at your premieres

The new Sweetgrass Flick Solitaire

http://www.sweetgrass-productions.com/solitaire.html

...An early taste of SOLITAIRE, our upcoming film premiering this September 2011. In this first episode we bring you the teaser, and the beginning of a 12 part web series in anticipation of our feature release.

SOLITAIRE
    In the high desert of South America, winter takes hold, devouring bleached bones and abandoned shacks. Into these most inhospitable of lands, a handful of drifters emerge from the whiteout, ready to cast their lot on forsaken peaks both merciless and magnificent. Venturing beyond the frontiers of most mountain films, Solitaire is backcountry riding forged in the tradition of Western cinema. Born in the spires of Argentina’s legendary Las Lenas, a lonely two-year journey begins through an abandoned world, wandering the length of a continent from Peru’s Cordillera Blanca to Chilean Patagonia. Lost in the winds of snowbound badlands and the blizzards of primordial forests; seen from a horse’s saddle and a paraglider’s wings; ridden on ski and board and telemark...Solitaire fuses western-inspired tales of backcountry gambles into landscapes never before visited on film.

Stay tuned for the 11 more episodes over the course of the year ON THE ROAD WITH SOLITAIRE, and behind-the-scenes of our work in South America.
    Next up, March 21st with Episode 2.

Ya Nick. Beautiful as always!

Looking forward to the release in September. Liking the for a few dollars more music.

Quality work (as always) from you and the Sweetgrass crew!

nice work nick and crew!

YES!!!!!!!

You guys have serious talent.

Keep up the good work.

Episode II: In the Cradle of the Cordillera
    En route to the 20,000 foot peaks of Peru, the crew lands in Huaraz, and a new film is born in the chaos of textures, sounds, smells, and people.

ON THE ROAD WITH SOLITAIRE is a 12-part webisode series following Sweetgrass Productions in the making of their new 2-year project, the South American backcountry ski and snowboarding film SOLITAIRE. New episodes will be released on the 21st of every month.

www.sweetgrass-productions.com