Check Out Our Shop

King of Ski Retail Wanted for Wanaka, NZ

Where to advertise? We've got 2 great Winter stores in Queenstown & Wanaka NZ and we're looking for someone pretty special to head up our Wanaka Snowsport retail team - we want to advertise internationally - any tips from snow buffs/ season-gurus out there as to where to advertise online? Where do you guys look? Advice appreciated

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    How special and what exactly are you looking for?
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

I don't look anywhere. I ask questions on boards like this, then people tell me where to get it. I listen to those I trust. And, I follow the links they provide.

I have never clicked on any ad. I buy all my gear online.

If you're looking to advertise on the internet, I'd follow Seth Godin's advice, aim locally, be personal, and ditch the TV Industrial Complex formula which = spam everyone and interupt all people with flashy banners. We're ignoring all of that.

Ask Splat why he's been successful. There's no magic. We either trust you, or we don't. You either engage us personally, or you don't. (You haven't done this yet, I'm being kind to you here.)

The biggest mistake large companies made when shifting to an online presence is assuming the same pre-internet rules exist. The net is not a million mindless people surfing randomly without control over the timing of commercials. Everyone has their club (or Tribe) and we all follow the links they provide while ignoring everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by LizNZ View Post
    Where to advertise? We've got 2 great Winter stores in Queenstown & Wanaka NZ and we're looking for someone pretty special to head up our Wanaka Snowsport retail team - we want to advertise internationally - any tips from snow buffs/ season-gurus out there as to where to advertise online? Where do you guys look? Advice appreciated

Liz(I assume that's your name) I say this with all the kindness and respect that a mature man such as myself can muster.

It's really simple.

Tit's or GTFO!
    Training for Alpental

Cover flight expenses to NZ and I'll tell you in person.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

dk_alaskan - NZ is pretty small and Wanaka is smaller so Olympic Gold medal aint necessary but needs a primo sales attitude with serious snow passion & experience. Send me a message if you're interested.

Gaijin - thanks for the web ad advice: makes alotta sense.

PhiberAwptik - as any sassy lady would say: eat my powder!

kyber.pass - see comment for dk_alaskan...

hope its pucking over there.

just work for your winter? what's the pay? i know a couple of people just coming off northern hemisphere winters. do you have access to any of the vintage aircraft based in Wanaka?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

FWIW,

Queenstown/Wanaka are two of the coolest places I have ever been.....
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Hey Waxman!
    Yeah work for the Winter season initially - we operate adventure stores in Wanaka & Queenstown year-round but do the big swapout of snow to bike/ hike each Southern Hemisphere Spring (end of September). If someone's looking to do more than a season here we'd definitely look at Summer options for them too if they're good...Pay - point of negotiation with the right person.

If ya know anyone who'd fit the bill it would be great if you would tell them about it - might be the start of a beautiful friendship! Cheers, Liz

Thx Lonnie - agree we're pretty spoilt but then I've yet to ski up there - here your end of the world is pretty incredible too (just a whole heap bigger & busier!)

Hey Liz, are you with Outside Sports? Wanaka local here.
    My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...

Liz, I'm seriously interested. I lived in NZ during the southern summer last year and spent about 2+ months in Wanaka. I LOVE Wanaka- in all seriousness, it is my favorite place in the world.

Have retail experience and currently work on the corporate side of the outdoor industry for a gear manufacturer in Colorado and I've got a Uni degree in Marketing/Business administration.

I know a lot about the ins and outs of the outdoor industry. Will work for meat pies! I'm your guy!

^^^There ya go, mate!^^^

Dude stepped up and pwned it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Liz(I assume that's your name) I say this with all the kindness and respect that a mature man such as myself can muster.

It's really simple.

Tit's or GTFO!
    That is so 80's. Plain text. You should embedd Jon Lajoie's video "show me your videos. That would be way more 21st century.

This may sound stupid but....

If I'm in North America I buy stuff off people who have the same accent as me. Why would I want to buy something off someone from down under who in all likelihood has just gotten off a plane and this is the first job that hired them. They in all likelihood have no idea what skis/boards are good for the mountain town they just arrived in.

Your telling me in Wanaka you can't find one capable local person that fills that position.

I guess the only way my comment would change is if most of your customers are North American. However, in that instance if I was traveling from North America I would expect a Kiwi to be helping me out and not someone from my home mountain.

Just my two cents

airfare included?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Liz, I'm seriously interested. I lived in NZ during the southern summer last year and spent about 2+ months in Wanaka. I LOVE Wanaka- in all seriousness, it is my favorite place in the world.

Have retail experience and currently work on the corporate side of the outdoor industry for a gear manufacturer in Colorado and I've got a Uni degree in Marketing/Business administration.

I know a lot about the ins and outs of the outdoor industry. Will work for meat pies! I'm your guy!
    damn. schooled. can I be that guy's assistant?

Hi D - yup the new shiny player in town! Hope you bring some of that sick snow back with you...its getting cold enough down here...

Postman 22: Fair comment - we're advertising locally but often find great people come to us from overseas - our Queenstown store has an Irish woman who lives in Chamonix in our Summer season as its rentals manager and an American guy who works in Beaver, Colorado as our head of Winter workshop (both of them come back to use every Winter and have done for 5-7 years). There's alot of talent in the seasonal workers out there, and right now they aren't in NZ - cos its raining not snowing right now

Quote Originally Posted by postman22 View Post
    This may sound stupid but....

If I'm in North America I buy stuff off people who have the same accent as me. Why would I want to buy something off someone from down under who in all likelihood has just gotten off a plane and this is the first job that hired them. They in all likelihood have no idea what skis/boards are good for the mountain town they just arrived in.
    Wow, you can figure all that out just by the way someone talks?
    "I smell varmint puntang."

PM Sent!

Midget, are you still around?

He used to work for those guys in Queenstown.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FNG View Post
    Wow, you can figure all that out just by the way someone talks?
    Transplant 1 has to shit on Transplant 2 to prove they are a local.