Check Out Our Shop
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Wait, wait, wait... Let me get this straight.

NWS is calling for ANOTHER foot (probably more) of 15-degree snow, on top of what that Snowbird's picture of the day of the patroller looks like? And some people are up there and are gonna get to ski some of that tomorrow? And it's gonna be mid-20's and possibly bluebird?

Really? I'm just not sure I can comprehend that...

I'm pretty stoked myself, and I'm 1400 miles away. Try not to lose your minds...
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Quote Originally Posted by powfiend View Post
    Driving out from truckee tonight to join in on the maddness at the bird tomorrow. What should I expect, late opening and little terrian or full on swimming through steep and deep? If you wanna give me attitude for encroaching, save your breath. Just seeing what locals think tomorrow is going to look like?

ALSO, cheap ticket deals anyone/ anyone have vouchers to trade for sweet cali greenery?? PM me if so
    I would be surprised if some stuff didn't open on schedule tomorrow, though the canyon may be the relevant factor for you.

Depending on the differential between lift openings and canyon opening I would expect lightly to heavily tracked lower mountain amazingness. Maybe some gad 2, maybe some of the mellow tram/peruvian stuff.

Thursday/Friday more upper stuff will likely be running.

If you have a Costco card there are 2 for $100 tramless tickets available.

This is the worst pain EVER!

just about out of booze at the snowpine, but also we just closed for the season. which is nice.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by UTskiHokie View Post
    FYI.
    Soli was more crowded than usual today, but it did not suck. I usualy prefer LCC, but having a pass to all 4 cottonwood resorts does come in handy some times.
    Is that a single pass? If so, details would be appreciated for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    just about out of booze at the snowpine, but also we just closed for the season. which is nice.

how long do employees stay at the lodge after it closes? I'm strogly considering working there next season, how is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Is that a single pass? If so, details would be appreciated for next year.
    http://www.visitsaltlake.com/ski/superpass/

I went up to Snowbasin today to try to avoid the crowds in BCC. No lines or waits, but the snow was pretty heavy. How were Brighton and Soli today?

[QUOTE=jbach;2823718]http://www.visitsaltlake.com/ski/superpass/

Thats not it. I get 30 days at each.

heavy snow or not if anything this storm kept the summer skiing dream alive.

[quote=UTskiHokie;2823726]
    Quote Originally Posted by jbach View Post

I won't be the one to let your secret out considering there's usually a waitlist and all, but you don't have to limit yourself to the cottonwoods with your pass

They just started bombing again. That was def the big gun. Damn that's loud from a north facing cliff room.

[quote=UTskiHokie;2823726]
    Quote Originally Posted by jbach View Post

Apparently you have more $$ than god.

http://www.skiutah.com/winter/locals...nd_gold_passes

[quote=YourMomJustCalled;2823751]

Thats not it either. Its the cottonwood canyons foundation Deep Powder Pass. 30 days each at Alta/Bird/Soli/Brighton. And its fully transferrable. Can only use it once a day though.

Just a little more than an alta bird. It works well since I have friends that ski both canyons.

[quote=YourMomJustCalled;2823751]

Nope, that's not it either. His is a double-secret probabtion type deal. Yo Will, we ended up doing a couple afternoon laps on Middle Slope that featured chest deep pockets and face shots on every turn. Snow was still coming down hard when I rolled out at 3 PM.

edit - Nice. You need to keep that shit on the DL.
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    NWS is calling for ANOTHER foot (probably more) of 15-degree snow, on top of what that Snowbird's picture of the day of the patroller looks like? And some people are up there and are gonna get to ski some of that tomorrow? And it's gonna be mid-20's and possibly bluebird?

Really?
    Early bird gets the worm, err face-shots, whiteroom.

It's April, high sun angle, any sun hit at all will do a number on the snow (& slidey, slidey). Hope for cold, cloudy, flurries mañana.

Thumbs up

Today was awesome. Deepest day this year for sure. Fun to ski with so many old faces from LCC. If terrain can open before the sun destroys things the next couple of days will be nuts.

[quote=UTskiHokie;2823758]
    Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post

Thats not it either. Its the cottonwood canyons foundation Deep Powder Pass. 30 days each at Alta/Bird/Soli/Brighton. And its fully transferrable. Can only use it once a day though.

Just a little more than an alta bird. It works well since I have friends that ski both canyons.

I repeat my last statement.

Incredible. I'm smitten.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

park city was fun today. it most certainly wasn't snowbird, but it was skiing. hopefully tomorrow serves up the conditions to jump of something BIG.

FYI.
    Soli was more crowded than usual today, but it did not suck. I usualy prefer LCC, but having a pass to all 4 cottonwood resorts does come in handy some times.

We were within the first 5/6 that dropped in on the gate from powderhorn to summit and 4th chair on summit. Deep does not do today justice.

Hope the stun stays away long enough tomorrow to make for a good morning.

I got mine today... hope you all get some tomorrow!
    i hit that gate right about the same time, retardedly deep and untouched top to bottom... gonna try to fight the masses at alta tomorrow...
    set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul

Quote Originally Posted by Dokken View Post
    i hit that gate right about the same time, retardedly deep and untouched top to bottom... gonna try to fight the masses at alta tomorrow...
    What time this that gate open? Was that area (and summit) hammered by the end of hte day?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    There's no possible reason to justify going to DV.
    Ever ski there are are you just running I didn't git any today interwebz smack?
    Took my complimentary silver pass up there and skied decent terrain in multiple feet of fresh pow and never waited for a lift.
    Beat the hell out of sitting in a car at the bottom of the canyon or interlodged.
    for me after 13 years of sillytude when it wasn't mutitude
    and terrain used to open prevents me from wanting to deal with that shit show
    Where to go mannana?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Fucking 90 degrees in DC today, and I was in LCC for the start of this epic Spring cycle.

FML.

Gave up on lcc at ten and headed for the canyons.
    heyzeus blessed my decision.
    lapped peak 5 all day with no waits in the lines.
    deepest day of the year--makes me recall the white blur that was last year in lcc.
    9990 didn't open.
    skiing deeps all day beats anxious waiting, but damn, the the canyons is a low-angle real estate shit show these days.

see y'all in the nooks and crannies of granite tomorrow AM. gotta love the lcc lurk.

DV sucked hard today.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.