POC Helmets any goggle?

My 10 yo has a POC helmet and smith io goggles, she complains all the time that her goggles fog and I can see them fogging. Is it possible that she needs POC goggles which are designed to work with POC helmets? Or should I tell her to suck it up and if she complains any more I'm taking the cell phone.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Your ten year old has a cell phone? Are her smiths vented? Any goggle that is made to fit a helmet should work.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    Your ten year old has a cell phone?
    Yeah how else can she tell the kid a chair in front of her "lol"?
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Yeah how else can she tell the kid a chair in front of her "lol"?
    This is a valid point.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

i've had no issued with scott goggle and skull comp
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

POC's are pretty notorious for goggle compatibility issues. Just sayin'....
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

so should I just get her some POC goggles to go with the stupid helmet?
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

the POC goggles are notorious foggers FYI

try a small SPY? most of their goggles have enough moto genes in them that they fit helmets well...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Get a new helmet, POC sucks. I've hated all POC helmets I've used for racing...Uvex is where it's at
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

poc skull comp + smith prodigy = no problems for me. prodigys work w/ my giro remedy as well.

^wes - i think racing helmets are hit/miss. poc was the first race helmet other than the carerra fireball (which i've been using a leki version of for 6 years) to fit my melon.

I have a poc helmet for racing, it works fine with Smith Fuse and Dragon DX.
    A friend on my team uses Crowbars and they work well also, i think any goggle with
    vents on the lens would work just fine.

Sounds like POC = POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill. View Post
    I have a poc helmet for racing, it works fine with Smith Fuse and Dragon DX.
    A friend on my team uses Crowbars and they work well also, i think any goggle with
    vents on the lens would work just fine.
    Good call on Dragon DX. Check out DXS, fits smaller faces.

Skuff jr uses a POC skull x with Smith anthems and the goggle/helmet fit is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Get a new helmet, POC sucks. I've hated all POC helmets I've used for racing...Uvex is where it's at
    kind of... If your head fits a POC, its probably not going to fit a Uvex. they are very different shapes, uvex is quite ovular while POC is pretty round. I cannot use a Uvex that reason, they just dont fit my head.
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

My guess is its because most POC helmets have almost no ventilation. So the moisture is going out the one place it can - her goggles. Get her a better vented helmet, or make sure her goggles have ventilation on the front as well as the top of the frame. Helmets and goggles made for racing tend to have too little ventilation in my experience.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

I have a POC Receptor Bug and it works great with both goggles I ski with; 1 pair Smith & 1 Pair Oakley...no fogging.
    "Wherever beer is brewed, all is well. Whenever Beer is drunk, life is good" -- Czech proverb.

my receptor bug works fine with my EG2s, and my friend's crowbars

My Scott Ransoms fit my Poc Bug OK, the outriggers need to be further out. I have a set of Wisdoms that don't fit because they're too narrow. Check her strap to make sure it's tight enough, although if the helmet is too wide they may not sit on here face properly.

Hugh Conway Guest
    I've had no problem with Prodigy's and POC. Never found venting to be worth shit in a helmet

How come it's always the I/O that gets the fogging problems, regardless of helmet or lack of?

Hm? Hmm? Hm.
    holy fucking shitballs

POC Bug + Oakley Splice= No fogging, no g.gap
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"