Check Out Our Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I could use a set of baskets (standard no need for powder) for my Carbon Smith Z bends. They have the tip integrated as all one piece. My other option is to remove the existing tips- grind the basket portion off (the plastic basket breaks leaving the tip only) and trying to find another brand of basket that will fit the very small narrow carbon end.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    Time to bump something close to my heart. I am down to my last poles and they are in a state of affairs....
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Finstah Guest
    Forget the Z Bend poles. Smith, please bring back Tag. My perception of the brand hasn't been the same since he's left...

My z bends are shot bummed to have replace them
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Yeti, i am close to being in the same boat. I am holding out hope that Smith will do the right thing and bring them back. I have tried other bent poles, but they don't have the same swing weight/swing weighting as the Smith z-bends.
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Finstah View Post
    Forget the Z Bend poles. Smith, please bring back Tag. My perception of the brand hasn't been the same since he's left...
    Thanks, Finstah. I miss the Smith family but if they don't let sales bs trump the dedication to making great product, Smith will continue to be an incredible brand.

And I still have 10+ set of Z Bends in my garage and just found 5 pairs of powder baskets tucked behind my beer fridge...life is good!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoogiesTheDog View Post
    And I still have 10+ set of Z Bends in my garage and just found 5 pairs of powder baskets tucked behind my beer fridge...life is good!!
    Interested in unloading a pair (or two)?

Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    Interested in unloading a pair (or two)?
    I was wrong...only have about 5 pair left not including the pair of 48" I just cut down for my boy. Don't think I can give any of them up...sorry dk_alaskan.

Not "z" worthy.

This guys got a pair ...

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/spo/4183064965.html

Not sure if she has z bends, but they do look bent for smiths....?

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/spo/4174083576.html
    Last edited by TomCrac; 11-12-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    I wish i was in bastan to look at the smiths!!! If they are 52-54" i would be ALL over them

... you guys are Funny --

dk - Man - I feel your pain. ...

supposedly., I got a pair of 3Fs coming --

I hope I can ski! like Franz !

... tuck it . ...

skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

I'm just going to leave this right.... here.

https://www.dpsskis.com/en/z-bend-alloy-pole?z=88438

oh, bump
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

^^prod description is great

$99 for poles???? dam...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    ^^prod description is great

$99 for poles???? dam...
    Poles ain't cheap... especially bendy ones..
    https://www.backcountry.com/ski-poles

I'm expecting some next week...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Poles ain't cheap...
    Sure they are, just gotta be in the right place at the right time.

Garage sales
    Tag sales
    Craigslist
    Closeouts
    TGR

Maybe I am alone here, poles may be the one piece of equipment that truly pains me to spend more than $20 on.

fuck man, last year I finally killed my z bends in an epic tree strike. I felt so weird skiing without them. There's no effing way I can drop a hundo on a pair of poles though. gtfo with that number.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    fuck man, last year I finally killed my z bends in an epic tree strike.
    Are they straight now?

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Sure they are, just gotta be in the right place at the right time.

Garage sales
    Tag sales
    Craigslist
    Closeouts
    TGR

Maybe I am alone here, poles may be the one piece of equipment that truly pains me to spend more than $20 on.
    I guess I've broken cheap poles and value a good swing weight. Plus I'm only spending money on them every 5 or so years. But yeah.. $100 is like a few beers at apre
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    But yeah.. $100 is like a few beers at apre
    I agree. Didn't mean to disparage anyone here. Equipment wise, I am all for anything that works for anyone. It's just my personal experience, the more I spend on poles or sunglasses, the quicker they are toast.

Challenge accepted. What are the dimensions.

Funny looking basket. And no wrist strap? Kids these days.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

There are a few other aluminum poles that are close to the Z-Bends- Kerma, Rossingol, Atomic, Swix all have GS bent racing poles. However only Swix is carbon fiber bent poles like Smith once offered. Holding on to my Z-Bends still but have a pair of Atomic aluminum and have thought about the Kerma/Rossi triangular poles too.

10+ years and we’re no closer to Z-bends being reissued. How many people still pine for them?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    10+ years and we’re no closer to Z-bends being reissued. How many people still pine for them?

I have a few new pairs of the DPS variety for sale if anyone is interested. $60 + shipping