Check Out Our Shop
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gnarwhale View Post
    Trackhead

whoa holy freakish Trackhead bobble head skier shot.The only ob I can add wold be how utterly marginal the skiing @ Deer Valley was yesterday. Obervered a lot of cougars and milfs. The best turns were along the sides of the runs were the groominators looking to avoid Tony Danza syndrome would push the snow. Fun hanging around w/ Parker at the DPS demo tent headed back today.
    Who wants to suck down overpiced lattes and $8.00 bowls of turkey chili, while cougar watching?
    Come on Th I'll trade ya those lotus 120's for a pair of 78 underfoot Cassiars

oops wrong thread
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^^^ Oh man turkey chili, and the regular chili for that matter. Bout the best thing on this thread in a while

Ok.....since $8 Chili was mentioned.

Snowbird chili and PBR...MMMMMMMMMM

wasatch observations:

trackhead straight up killing it when people are afraid to leave the resort because they might set off an avalanche, or think there isnt enough snow to ski any lines.

Yeah, well I tried that BC shit, today and look.

Fucking slip slide.

Quote Originally Posted by pruitt View Post
    Ok.....since $8 Chili was mentioned.

Snowbird chili and PBR...MMMMMMMMMM

I bought a beer there 2 days ago but I didn't drink it outside because of the "No Alcool allowed outside"
    I am from France and I was surprised about this rule.

But obviously it is doable. ahahahahha

Went up Silver Fork today, Found wind jacked snow, recrystallized powder, and lots and lots of stout crust. It was looking nice in the morning but the high clouds and light winds that came in kept stuff from softening up..
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Trackhead and Gnarwhale...
    Saw you guys eatin burritos up there on the Pfeifferhorn yesterday... nice work.

Skied SE and E on Gobblers. Above 9,600 all was crusted with a brittle 1-inch crust, underneath was pure facets. Could be a problem with the coming storms. Below that elevation, in less wind affected terrain, was great recrystallized powder. The turns were mostly smooth and soft with the occasional wind/sun crust. Fun day.

Last edited by marauders; 01-16-2010 at 10:38 PM.

off the top of provo peak

looking south, spanish fork and nebo

good skiing

Haven't checked into this place for months so I figured since I've been outta town I'd catch up on conditions....and it's not much more than a pissing match and sanctimonious overload with a few light helpings of obs and stoke.

I guess some things never change.

Thanks to those that provide the obs and stoke - it helps those of us that aren't in the mix on a day to day basis. ^^love the Provo Peak action^^

Quote Originally Posted by LittleYellowFriend View Post
    They make the Mormons seem like really mellow cool dudes.
    Last I checked I was a pretty mellow cool dude. Anyone second the motion?

[/hijack]
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by powstash View Post

[/hijack]
    Don't know you, but your internet persona is very cool. And, anyway, most mormons I know are pretty mellow. Some are cool, some are not. In that way, mormons remind me of "normal" people.

[/hijack]

Nah, yer a gun totin' redneck mormon guy from Kamas............

1st time i've looked at this thread this year and prolly the last unless i make a ootah trip. most of u sound like a bunch of whiny pricks. lighten up eh?

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    1st time i've looked at this thread this year and prolly the last unless i make a ootah trip. most of u sound like a bunch of whiny pricks. lighten up eh?
    Some of us are joking with each other, others are whiny bitches.

The lot was filling up with snowshoer minions so we thought we'd go over here for a change of pace:

Coverage was ok most of the way. Some rock 'moguls' to navigate around.

Some debris higher up. Sun was cooking pretty good, but softened the 1.5 inch crust nicely. It was getting a little mushy in spots as we exited. Not the best turns, but a fun line.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Some of us are joking with each other, others are whiny bitches.
    It's whiny pricks douchnozzle.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    It's whiny pricks douchnozzle.
    Stick it asshat, stupid BITCH!

Oh wait, this is an obs thread, oops. Gotta be all scientific and formal and stuff.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Looked at lots of snow, this weekend; saw a fairly constant, developed layer of depth hoar on north-facing aspects between 9k and 10k. NW-aspect, 10k locations over saddles prone to wind-loading had a relatively weak layer of wind crust combined with persistent faceting. That being said, there was not a lot of energy noted in any of the pits that I dug.

However, the predicted snow coming this week should make for some interesting conditions. Be careful out there, while I'm sitting at my desk!
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleThor View Post

Some debris higher up. Sun was cooking pretty good, but softened the 1.5 inch crust nicely. It was getting a little mushy in spots as we exited. Not the best turns, but a fun line.
    Bob the Wizard posted a pic of your tracks. Called you "masochistic". If hitting little pine in those conditions doesn't prove you truly love skiing I don't know what does

http://wowasatch.com/Journal-2009-10...anuary-16.html

^^^
    Agreed! Way to get after it fellas!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

[/hijack]
    I'll second that motion but amend the original motion to include a good to see ya back around, ski ya soon
    -Your rasta/buddist stoner skibum bro
    Gimpy let me know if you head back out this season no whining just skiing/riding.
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69437"]Maggot Brotherhood - an essay why I dig this place - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]
    Ah The brotherhood it ebbs and flows. Thread cunting asshats test it's strength. Family, friends and employment obligations overshadow it at times but the bonds of maggot brotherhood endure.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Went up the Pfeif with Grenalds yesterday. Nice day to be out and about, not so nice day to ski. We skied the E facing ridge and dropped in dry creek for a bit then back up and over to Red Lake. Crusts were the theme. Wind, sun, thick, thin, supportable, breakable, and of doom were encountered. Lots of shark teeth looming too...

Ok, what's the local forecast looking like for the rest of the week? I may be there for a coupla days on Wednesday - Saturday and wondering what people think the area will get out of these southern storms.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Ok, what's the local forecast looking like for the rest of the week? I may be there for a coupla days on Wednesday - Saturday and wondering what people think the area will get out of these southern storms.
    Alta