Check Out Our Shop
Page 50 of 320 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 7984
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I won the ring toss at the ski show yesterday... apparently only the second one to do it. My prize was a free cup of coffee or hot chocolate at Wachusett Mt. this winter. Seriously.

Totally got my stoke back.
    Bluebird is in Boston at the show today. Anyone who is there be sure to stop by and say hi.

Love that Wachussetts video.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Ok I think I have things figured out here, our clocks are off

The roll call thread was started mid september(normally October)

Gpetrics and crew were skiing end of sept and early october(normally October/Nov)

conditions were ok through mid october into the early part of november(normally November/December)

We are now currently experiencing the December/January thaw!!!!!!

Winter will resume within 2-3 weeks(I think)
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    Ok I think I have things figured out here, our clocks are off

The roll call thread was started mid september(normally October)

Gpetrics and crew were skiing end of sept and early october(normally October/Nov)

conditions were ok through mid october into the early part of november(normally November/December)

We are now currently experiencing the December/January thaw!!!!!!

Winter will resume within 2-3 weeks(I think)
    Wait a minute... this being the January Thaw sounds good right now, but what does that say about April? Will Tuck's be all washed out by March then?

^

no I think the space time continuum must slow down in which case get ready for end of Jan-May to last until July to get us back on track
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by bumpskier View Post
    Bluebird is in Boston at the show today. Anyone who is there be sure to stop by and say hi.

Love that Wachussetts video.
    I must have done three laps looking for the Magic booth. My 11 yo was getting antsy, but I did meet the Meathead crew. They said they want to do more with Ullrfest next year. They also said Matt was around on Friday, but not yesterday? Lots of people were there, so hopefully it's good for ski biz.

Also, has anyone here ever used the Aline boot inserts? Seems like a good idea, but would love to hear from experience before I buy.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Also, has anyone here ever used the Aline boot inserts? Seems like a good idea, but would love to hear from experience before I buy.
    I have these in my full tilts. I've skied on them for one season, 50+ days, and I'm pretty satisfied. In my scarpa's I'm running some Sole's which I've used in my hiking boots. The inline and sole work better for me than my custom cork superfeet (molded unweighted) and the green superfeets I have. For some reason I was never satisfied with my superfeet. The inline are much cheaper than the custom footbeds and give the same support, for me.

I have the inline's molded under my intuition liners in the full tilts, something the guys at Ski Rack in Burlington convinced me to try. I feel it gives me support with the added comfort of the liner. The down side for the inline's is that the tops of the soles feel sticky, which was another reason I put them under the liners.

I did meet the Meathead crew. They said they want to do more with Ullrfest next year

Whaddaya mean? Please elaborate!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Up at K today, sunny, not bad conditions. THIN down low, real exciting trying to make it all the way down. At one point I found myself dodging evergreen tree branches mixed in with mud and ever so thin cover. I went down a bit early and jessie skied some runs with Hammer from the meathead crew. Saw a few mags up there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Falldise View Post
    Up at K today, sunny, not bad conditions. THIN down low, real exciting trying to make it all the way down. At one point I found myself dodging evergreen tree branches mixed in with mud and ever so thin cover. I went down a bit early and jessie skied some runs with Hammer from the meathead crew. Saw a few mags up there.....
    Saw your daughter killing it yesterday

I figured K would be super thin today, it was starting to die out yesterday and by 3:30 it was really bare in spots, like no way to dodge the grass
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Whaddaya mean? Please elaborate!
    They said they want to officially sanction the event and actually "organize their tour around Ullrfest". I'm flattered, but not sure I want to do that though, for a couple of reasons. One, it would mean they would publicize Ullrfest to those outside of TGR. Two, it would mean they would expect compensation or need to charge admission.

Either one would completely change Ullrfest and not in a good way. I like the current way it's evolved... just us posers and posters. If the general public gets involved, it's a lot of big headaches, insurance, fees, etc. I'm not really interested in outdoing Woodstock. As it is now, we can screen whatever films we want, roast pigs, drink beer and burn bonfires without any real worries. It's just people from these forums meeting and getting to know the faces behind the screen names.

I told them they were welcome to just come down and enjoy it next year, but they should expect to see jibbing fast forwarded and bypassed. They seem like good guys and are glad to have their excellent east coast stoke appreciated as it should be. They definitely deserve props for providing and promoting some great ski flicks... just I would prefer to keep this a private event, as I'm sure most others would, too.

Comfy...I stuck them in my xwaves after 2 days of suffering. I had wanted to go custom and the guy at the shop (really cool) said that, given my flat feet, I should go with Aline because they would be the same amount of support. I have 20ish days on them and they've been great.
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

Winter was waiting for me to finish these...

It will be here by the time the turkey thaws.
    Harvest the ride.

I didn't particularly like them in my alpine boots, It felt like too much arch too far forward, and not enough heel cup. I definitely didn't like the weight it added to the boot. In having used them, and superfeet in my touring boots, I've discovered that I'm more of a superfeet guy. All feet are different though, and I know allenataylor has sworn by his alines in the past. You'll have to try them and decide what works best for you, though I will say that some type of insert, as long as it's close to right for your foot, will make a big difference in the way your boot fits and the way you ski.

If anyone's coming up to Burlington before the season gets rolling, I can hook you up with a discount on superfeet products (customs or regular trim to fit's).

Thanks for the Aline info, Sam, Jepilot, & emr. I searched and found a few threads, too. Seems like what Sam says, either they fit or they don't. Gordon Hays was at the ski show and was pretty convinced, my feet need serious help. I used Peterson orthodics for years and loved them, so I'll look into Superfeet, too.... coming to VT for turkey, so maybe take you up on those discounts Sam. EE width feet can pose problems for ski boots!

Looks like snow showers are in the forecast for the weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by L8APX View Post

wow, they look great!

and hope you're right.

I was hanging out yesterday with some Bros

Decided it was a good day for a hike up the Bush

happy Bros on snow

My pal Michael happy to be on the hill

Pointing and Arron enjoying the day

From High Plains Drifter bar scene" its not much, but its all we got"

Not much left of the 3-4 feet they blew 2 weeks ago

Before I forget, Vt-Freeheel skis in jeans
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by L8APX View Post

L8apx,
    Those are frkn GORGEOUS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Before I forget, Vt-Freeheel skis in jeans
    Looks like VT-F skis on grass, too... (You're really turning into a hippy these days: teles, jeans and grass... All you need are beads and a goatskin wine pouch!)

So it doesn't look too good for Thanksgiving opening... barely low thirties at night. Oh well... there's always x-mas.

They said they want to officially sanction the event and actually "organize their tour around Ullrfest". I'm flattered, but not sure I want to do that though, for a couple of reasons. One, it would mean they would publicize Ullrfest to those outside of TGR. Two, it would mean they would expect compensation or need to charge admission.

Either one would completely change Ullrfest and not in a good way. I like the current way it's evolved... just us posers and posters. If the general public gets involved, it's a lot of big headaches, insurance, fees, etc. I'm not really interested in outdoing Woodstock. As it is now, we can screen whatever films we want, roast pigs, drink beer and burn bonfires without any real worries. It's just people from these forums meeting and getting to know the faces behind the screen names.

I told them they were welcome to just come down and enjoy it next year, but they should expect to see jibbing fast forwarded and bypassed. They seem like good guys and are glad to have their excellent east coast stoke appreciated as it should be. They definitely deserve props for providing and promoting some great ski flicks... just I would prefer to keep this a private event, as I'm sure most others would, too.
    FT friggin' W.

It would be fantastic to party with those doodz, but goodonya for not getting sucked into the "bigger, better" black hole. It cracks me up that you told them you'd fastforward through the jib-jabbery, I even attempted to watch some of it at Ullrfest, but got heckled by the crowd and thus had to push skip. If would be great to get the meatheads and the FIS guys on the same page. Easties unite under a haze of alcohol!

Hey VTF, nice pics but where are the ones of the bike you promised me??? I've been very patient, but... pics pleeze!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    Easties unite under a haze of alcohol!

Hey VTF, nice pics but where are the ones of the bike you promised me??? I've been very patient, but... pics pleeze!
    great... now im gonna get vodka bong jonged!

and speaking of patient...wtf are my glasses? never realized how dope they were until they were gone.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Quote Originally Posted by nihiles View Post
    great... now im gonna get vodka bong jonged!

and speaking of patient...wtf are my glasses? never realized how dope they were until they were gone.
    haha... oh man, yeah, I'm an asshole. I boxed those glasses up all pretty like and proceeded to forget them in my car. Just went and looked in a panic, and found the box under a bunch of gear in my car. They'll go out today, man... Sorry for the wait, I'm retarded.

No vodka in the beer bong, son. Now, the paintstick... Put vodka in that thing and it gets renamed the "painstick"

FT friggin' W.

It would be fantastic to party with those doodz, but goodonya for not getting sucked into the "bigger, better" black hole. It cracks me up that you told them you'd fastforward through the jib-jabbery, I even attempted to watch some of it at Ullrfest, but got heckled by the crowd and thus had to push skip. If would be great to get the meatheads and the FIS guys on the same page. Easties unite under a haze of alcohol!

I guess I don't know many of these guys(met 3) but the ones I have met act and dress like 10 year olds. I'm not a hoarder of secrets by any means, and I don't yet have a plethora of secret stashes to hit when the blower comes, but I would rather they keep their rounded edges and tall tee's in NS/Loon park.
    On the other hand DW, I would like a few shots of vodka and some turns this weekend...anyone in for a tour if flakes fall on Fri-Sun?

I hate my job. just wanted to put that out there. So yea...

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    I guess I don't know many of these guys(met 3) but the ones I have met act and dress like 10 year olds. I'm not a hoarder of secrets by any means, and I don't yet have a plethora of secret stashes to hit when the blower comes, but I would rather they keep their rounded edges and tall tee's in NS/Loon park.
    On the other hand DW, I would like a few shots of vodka and some turns this weekend...anyone in for a tour if flakes fall on Fri-Sun?
    I hear you. I'm sure some are retarded, but then again so are most of the posters here lolz... I'll give em a chance before I go getting all holier-than-thou on a mofo. I'm not that cool either.

It's funny you should bring up turns- I was just looking for ski options for Sunday. Saturday I really need to get back to magic, I haven't been up in a few weeks as my house rewiring project is the biggest goddam nightmare, but I've got to get away from it as to maintain my sanity. I'm thinking trail work Sat on magic, Sunday skiing anywhere. And I do mean anywhere. If SR's the only place with snow, I'm in and I'll drive. If nothing is open, I'm in for a tour fo sho!

I'm planning on skiing Sunday also. It would be great to meet up with some people. I'll post my "stats" later in the week.