Check Out Our Shop

189 Kung Fujas -- Too much for VT?

I just bought a pair of 189 Kung Fujas -- they are freaking huge.

I used to ski 181 K2 Apaches.

I am 6'0 175-180lbs

I ski pretty aggressively and like bumps and huckin' things. I know I could handle 189s, but would the 179s be more fun on the east coast? I mostly ski Mad River Glen, Sugarbush, and Jay Peak.

Any advice?

i skied 194 dyna xxl's on the east. kf's are possibly the softest ski in existence (k maybe a bit of an exaggeration). but with the combination of rocker and softness in only a 95 waist, you could go way bigger if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    i skied 194 dyna xxl's on the east. kf's are possibly the softest ski in existence (k maybe a bit of an exaggeration). but with the combination of rocker and softness in only a 95 waist, you could go way bigger if you wanted.
    2nd this.....it's not like we don't get real storm systems here or anything. I'm riding on like 106 underfoot on a daily basis. Not because I'm a dick, or because I want to look cool, but I fuckin love my p4s.
    Lengthwise, I'm on a 191 and they sometimes can be a little much in the trees but you'll learn how to get em around.

mount them center. with the tip and tail rocker they ride short. center mounting will be prime. it will give you a similar effective edge to a smaller ski.

edit - k2 true and core center are the same.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

The Kung Fujas are rockered? i didn't think they were.

phall chiming in here,
    they are rockerd, and the newest ones are actually a little stiffer, seem like a really fun ski. stick to the 189s you will enjoy them, and do mount them more towards center than you would due to the rocker.