Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Finding Cletus

[MD]

Sooo.... there baby.....you know how every year I get pre-season menopausal bitchiness? we'll I've been talking to cletus [MD'sW]THE ONE WHO PUKED? [MD] yeah and anyway he says that whenever he comes back from his Sept. argentina trip he is well tided over until the winter actually starts and so I was kind of wondering if I could spend the 5,000 to go next year with them?

[MD'sW]Why sure you can sweety. Did I mention that I'm going to Spain next September with Fabio?

[MD] SWEET!

--------------------------------------

Thanks for the TRs fellaz
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Thumbs up

Incredible trip reports! Makes me wish I was able to get down there this year.

MD9 - If you got the time, you should go. Your flight will be the biggest expense and you can use frequent flyer miles to soften that blow.

I have no idea what these guys are dropping and how Barioloche compares cost wise to Las Lenas. But figure to spend about $1400 for a two week jaunt in Las Lenas - including a $800 flight, staying in a very nice hotel, ski passes covered, and eating and drinking every night.

Sounds like Barioloche has cheaper accomodations but more nightlife. I'll be curious to see what people are shelling out down there. Should be nowhere near the 5K mentioned above, unless you plan on received medical attention while you are down there.
    There's only one law ya can't break .......embarrassing a cop in public.

Cool I heart Argentina.

Oh.

My.

God.

Here´s today´s TR: Another unreal day.

It snowed two days ago, but Cletus, Rev, and I were laying down fresh tracks at 3:30. We went back in to that basin, hiking in to the spires at the top and dropping long, fast turns in to the upper basin. We´d sort of gather up at the bottom of the upper basin, then point down the chutes of the lower basin at mach schnell.

It´s been absolutely bluebird and fantastic. The mountains here are steep and rugged, and breathtakingly beautiful. Utah has better snow, Alaska has bigger lines, but this place has the unbeatable beauty, snow, terrain, and nightlife to make it a true must-visit.

We didn´t take any Digital photos today, but there was much huckage and straightlinage and general radness, although frequently not from us. Thor, on 20 year old skinny tele skis, threw a HUGE front off a kicker, which was unreal and caught on film and was one of the most impressive things I´ve seen landed. Thor threw some very, very large hucks from the cliffs visible in the photos above, one of which resulted in double sidewall carnage of his Gotamas, which sucks. Rev had some beautiful lines, and I had a fun little straightline in to the lower basin. Cletus mostly filmed us being stupid.

Tonight, we´re going to get silly drunk at the only hole we´ve found... Wilkenny´s Irish Pub, which is neither irish nor very pub-like. Cletus is hoping to run in to Flora and Carolina. Ross is hoping NOT to run in to Rachel, a brit who was so starved for attention that she described in some fairly graphic detail her favorite way to get off while blowing a dood. He offered to appease, but she was only in it for the shock.

Meat, the plane flight down is a good 90% of the cost... an entire day´s meals and lodging can only run you 20 or 30 bucks. Tickets are about 15 bucks. The three of us got drunk enough that Cletus actually blew kisses at a woman across the bar for a total of about 28 dollars. Do it.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

BUMP FOR AWESOME
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

I got an email from my master. He says he'd be back a bit late and hopes he left enough food out for me. It doesn't sound like he fared as well as you guys, Cletus. He says he was snowed in at a high mountain cabin for days with four other people. He attached this pic, but I couldn't open it. I hope he's OK down there......

if only i can one day be as awesome as splat.

you didnt. noooo... you didnt. man i wish i could have stayed

The one in the tanish sweater, aye carumba!!!! me gusto, me gusto.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com