Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Helldawg Guest
    ^^^I didn't participate in the Ski With The Superstars thing, (this one wasn't just Davenport), but I skied alongside them that week. I spoke to a few of the campers who said they thought it was worth it.

I watched Wendy Fischer's group one morning skiing some really steep stuff, and negotiating some nasty avy debris. So it appeared to me that there was some pushing of the limits, not just fanboys skiing with their heroes.

Watched McConkey ski a tight chute with no poles and an Escudo beer in hand from the lift, his antics kept the place entertained all week.

So, I don't know which pros are involved with the camp right now, but if you can afford it, it's probably worthy.

Hey guys, I'm in Santiago right now, about to head up to Farallones, hopefully I will get in some early turns before the lifts start spinning. Anyone in or near Farallones?

Trip to Chile

If you are planing go to Chile check this web site http://www.chilextremo.com/
    we have a nice backpackers hostel in Santiago and other smaller in Farellones http://www.chilextremo.com/En/dominicamh.htm , (is a mountain village as well as a ski resort. Located 36 km from Santiago, in the heart of the Andes mountains and nearby three ski locations: Valle Nevado, La Parva and El Colorado.)
    we doing surfing trips to. just 3 hours from de Andes powder you can find awesome waves.
    we can pick you up in the airoport in our 4x4, just contact us.
    info@chilextremo.com
    Last edited by Max; 06-10-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban911 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm in Santiago right now, about to head up to Farallones, hopefully I will get in some early turns before the lifts start spinning. Anyone in or near Farallones?

hopefully you'll get some turns, let us know if get something.

max---sent you an email regarding rates. Hope to see you in August!

Ushuaia Anybody?

Yo...trying to get a few rippers together for a mid-late july trip down to the ski resort at the end of the world...I'm in Buenos Aires for a job but I have a few long weekends to get into some trouble (and yes, I brought my skis and avy gear). Anybody have any interest in an Ushuaia trip? If so, hit me up.

i'm going to need a place, in Santiago, to store my ski bag for the month of june while i travel until ski time. does anyone have any very safe and reliable places/connections in Santiago, that I can store my skis at starting...Saturday?
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by djxtreme View Post
    i'm going to need a place, in Santiago, to store my ski bag for the month of june while i travel until ski time. does anyone have any very safe and reliable places/connections in Santiago, that I can store my skis at starting...Saturday?
    thanks!
    check your pm's
    Aggressive in my own mind

Hostel Forrestal in Santiago is great, and cheap. My skis are in storage there now, while I am in Valpariso.

If only it would snow.....

CASA New South America Ski/Snowboard Website

For all of you headed down to South America this season, we totally redesigned our website and hope it will serve as a solid information source for all.
    http://www.casatours.com

we will be posting regular snow reports and have a cache of photos from the 11 seasons we've run ski and snowboard tours in the Andes

okay so nothing is definitive yet and i leave at 4am tomorrow and have about a day in Santiago before I leave for 1 month.
    I can PAY to leave my bags at the airport in Santiago...but paying doesn't sound very thrilling.

any hostels that you guys would trust with all of your ski stuff for a MONTH?

anyBODY want to help?

couchsurfers just aren't coming through as the most reliable people...
    i'll need to leave it there saturday night or sunday sometime for exactly a month and a day.
    thanks!

djxtreme, I sent you a pm.

I am going for a hike two day hike starting saturday above Santiago, up on what are supposed to be some pretty high peaks. I will post pictures of any snow that I see!

Hugh Conway Guest
    I've got turds that are more interesting than this thread

if you are looking for Hostel in Santiago check here http://www.dominicahostel.com/en

Plans are slowly coming together for the summer...

Probably basing out of Las Lenas but doing a fair amount of traveling.
    Most likely arriving around July 10 and staying through September 10 (with possible extension into October, job pending).

Senor ELA, I think we'll have to make some turns in Bariloche (or e-town) this season. though there is that little, very little out of the way hippie patch of a ski area that accesses the alpine.. might need to do a little bit of investigative work if I end up in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by C$ View Post
    Yo...trying to get a few rippers together for a mid-late july trip down to the ski resort at the end of the world...I'm in Buenos Aires for a job but I have a few long weekends to get into some trouble (and yes, I brought my skis and avy gear). Anybody have any interest in an Ushuaia trip? If so, hit me up.
    That might work with my schedule... still won't know anything for another few weeks, but posting here to bookmark this quote

Would really like to hit up Ushuaia for some ski touring.
    Last edited by Squirrel99; 06-05-2009 at 05:57 PM.

I'm looking ofr 2 beds with acess to facilities, shower, kitchen etc. in LL Aug. 13-19. arriving evening of 13 adn leaving morning of 19. I already tried all the other links listed in thiss and the other thread. Tim(unofficiall) and Ted Livingston are out, I am awaiting word from Jose. If anyone has any other info that would be awsome. And i'd love to make turns with someone when we get there. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    I've got turds that are more interesting than this thread
    I concur. Field report from a friend in Lenas today:

I AM LAYING IN THE SUN GREEN GRASS WATCHING THE BEAUTIFULL GREEN MOUNTAINS WEARING SHORT SLEEVES AND BERMUDAS (SHORT PANTS) GETTING MORE TANNED THAN I WAS IN THE SUMMER IN PUNTA DEL ESTE...!!! ...WE ALL ARE VERY WORRIED ABOUT THE WEATHER...IT WOULD BE A CATASTROPHE IF WE DON´T HAVE SNOW...LET´S PRAY THINGS CHANGE...!!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel99 View Post
    Plans are slowly coming together for the summer...

Probably basing out of Las Lenas but doing a fair amount of traveling.
    Most likely arriving around July 10 and staying through September 10 (with possible extension into October, job pending).

Senor ELA, I think we'll have to make some turns in Bariloche (or e-town) this season. though there is that little, very little out of the way hippie patch of a ski area that accesses the alpine.. might need to do a little bit of investigative work if I end up in the area.

That might work with my schedule... still won't know anything for another few weeks, but posting here to bookmark this quote

Would really like to hit up Ushuaia for some ski touring.
    We did a little recon of the hippie spot and determine it warrants a day this winter. Nos vemos pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by enlosandes View Post
    We did a little recon of the hippie spot and determine it warrants a day this winter. Nos vemos pronto.
    sweet, i'm definitely keen to do a little exploring around there. i'm finishing up my job in two weeks so looking like a first week of July arrival somewhere in Arg/Chile. I'll shoot you an email when plans look a little more solid next week. On a completely unrelated note, just applied for a sweet job in Tahoe that doesn't start until late September If I can hit SA & pick up that job, that'll be a good sequence of events!

Sub $100 per night room in Lenas?

Is there such a thing? I'm going there with my girlfriend Aug 22 -sept 2. Best deal i could find was $1500 for a 2 person suite in Corinto for 11 nights.

El gringo ghetto

Unhappy to report the Patagonian Andes to Las Leñas are dry at the moment and nothing in the immediate forecast.

Helldawg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by enlosandes View Post
    Unhappy to report the Patagonian Andes to Las Leñas are dry at the moment and nothing in the immediate forecast.
    Not good. My general rule of thumb is 100" of snow by 4th of July @ Portillo, or I don't bother.

ARG resorts delayed the opening weekend (12-13th June) due the lack of snow and warm temperatures.
    New date: 21th June

No snow at Las Lenas, only patches of snow (man-made) at the bottom station.

13th June 2006 - Valle Nevado :
    Last edited by Stani; 06-08-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Photo of El Colorado and Valle Nevado (I think) from June 7th:
    Pray for snow.