Check Out Our Shop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Wanna help me out AND make some $$$???? (NSR)

Here's the deal. I need tickets to Phish at Red Rocks this summer. Phish has always been known for their Pre-Ticketmaster ticket lottery.

Basically you enter a request for tickets and you are entered into a lottery. If your number hits on the lottery you get tickets and your credit card is charged.

Here's the catch. These tickets are in EXTREMELY high demand. Such high demand that I ask all of you to go to the following link and make a request for 2 tickets to each of the four nights at Red Rocks.

Here are your options:

-If you win tickets and I don't I will buy yours for face value as well as pay you a HEFTY finders fee of $25 dollars per ticket. So, you could theoretically score 8 tickets in the lottery and I will then pay you $200 on top of the cost of the tickets themselves.

-If you win tickets and I do too you can either sell them to me, and I will sell them to my friends at face value (plus you will get a finders fee) OR you can make yourself ALOT of money by selling your tickets on eBay. A rough estimate is that single tickets will be selling for $300-400 dollars on eBay. My old school Phish ethics don't allow me to sell tickets for over face value, but i'm sure you guys don't care in this economy.

This is a great chance to help me out and/or make some serious extra cash for the summer.

The lotto entry period ends tonight at 12 midnight.

THANKS!!!!!

http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/

You're generating some sweet karma buddy, better hope your card doesn't get misused

"My old school Phish ethics don't allow me to sell tickets for over face value, but i'm sure you guys don't care in this economy."
    I'm positive your not the only one that has entered the lottery twice, and I could see people helping you out working the ticketmaster system. However, the lottery was designed to give everyone a fair shot with one order request, and to keep shit weasels like yourself from manipulating the system.

I have seen you do some lame shit on this board, and with your natural ability to fuck shit up I'm sure you can top this. Keep up the good work stain, hope you don't get stuck next to some 6 foot tall armpit-dreaded sweaty female wooks that like to dose rape young men.

Looks like someone has a case of the.....Sundays?

edit to add: I don't really see your logic. In a perfect world it would be ONLY fans making request, just like it used to be in the mail order days.

but, its a scalpers world now and every single "ticket broker" in the US has put in HUNDREDS of requests. These broker companies have hundreds of credit cards just for such an event.

So me trying to get tickets for my friends and myself to see a band we have all been seeing for 10-15 years is somehow bad when there are THOUSANDS of requests for brokers who are gonna immediately bump the price up into the hundreds per ticket.
    Last edited by Whiteroom_Guardian; 03-22-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Looks like someone has a case of the.....Sundays?
    But it's my Tuesday, so I have that going for me which is nice.

-If you win tickets and I do too you can either sell them to me, and I will sell them to my friends at face value (plus you will get a finders fee) OR you can make yourself ALOT of money by selling your tickets on eBay. A rough estimate is that single tickets will be selling for $300-400 dollars on eBay. My old school Phish ethics don't allow me to sell tickets for over face value, but i'm sure you guys don't care in this economy.
    Sounds to me that you are the one perpetuating the scalping and sleazyness involving the ticketing systems. Suggesting people help you out, and then adding the hook that they can scalp the tix for more money on Ebay is what I took away from this.

Thanks for the scalping idea....How about I enter with each of my 6 credit cards and then sell all the tickets on E-Bay? Sounds like more money.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    Thanks for the scalping idea....How about I enter with each of my 6 credit cards and then sell all the tickets on E-Bay? Sounds like more money.
    I'm trying to think of something which would give me more pleasure than profiting from stinky fake hippy phish fans, and can't

Well yeah, shadeball I know. But the more tickets YOU buy the less the scalpers get.

if everyone could buy me some powerball tickets tonight i would really appreciate it. I will paypal $1 to people for any ticket that is a winner.
    let your tracks be lost in the dark and snow

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Well yeah, shadeball I know. But the more tickets YOU buy the less the scalpers get.
    But if you sell them for above face, you are the scalper.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I was thinking the same thing

You are telling people to scalp tickets...
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

Silly hippies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    I'm trying to think of something which would give me more pleasure than profiting from stinky fake hippy phish fans, and can't
    Running stinky fake hippy phish fans over with a Hummer, after forcing them to transfer conservatorship of their trust funds to you?

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    But at least you are a private citizen scalper and not a corporate one. It's amazing how you can get arrested for selling a ticket above face value out in front of a venue meanwhile there are companies all over the internet making it harder for fans to get legitimately priced tickets.

In that light I say scalp on brothers.

Another way to look at this is that it is not the scalpers creating the difference between face and market values. Any time you wholesale something for significantly less than what the market will bare you are going to get people reselling for the actual value which is determined by the market.

not that I'm even considering your propostion, but why on earth would I sell you tickets at face value plus a lame $25 finders fee when I can make 10 times that on ebay??? reality is not one of your strong points.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    why on earth would I sell you tickets at face value plus a lame $25 finders fee when I can make 10 times that on ebay???
    Because you post on the same internet message board, and would therefore do anything for each other.

A. WG and his friends want to go to the show
    B. They will go to great lengths to go to the show
    C. They would like you to help them out
    D. If you try to help them out, but they lucked into tickets as well as you; they have given you an out to get your money back (since this is a non refundable proposition from Phish(the band)), plus a tip for trying to help them out.

I would not consider this scalping because:
    A. The tickets would be going to a loyal phish fan that WG personally knows
    B. $25 before fees is hardly scalping

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    Because you post on the same internet message board, and would therefore do anything for each other.
    the #1 reason not to put a TGR sticker on anything you own

Classic.

Phish you still suck at life.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

i cant make it to RR, but I'll enter and hook you up if i get them. No finders fee necessary. You're a fan, what has become of the concert ticket industry is bullshit. ie: adding $6 per ticket for parking, regardless of how many people you drive with. A disincentive to carpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tresckow View Post
    I have seen you do some lame shit on this board, and with your natural ability to fuck shit up I'm sure you can top this. Keep up the good work stain, hope you don't get stuck next to some 6 foot tall armpit-dreaded sweaty female wooks that like to dose rape young men.
    That sounds like the most fun one could have at a Phish show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Isn't there a Phish message board you could post this on?

One of my good friends has been doing exactly this for every new round of Phish shows except he has sent the request to all his dirty hippy music hating friends, probably about 15 of us in all. FWIW, he's ended up getting tickets to all the shows he's wanted. I've submitted a request for all the Red Rocks shows for him. I'll tell you what, if I end up getting tickets and another one of our friends also does, I'll take you up on your offer. You hippies make me laugh.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doktor View Post
    You hippies make me laugh.
    Bullshit.

I had this same request from more than a dozen friends from across the country when the World Series came to my city (same lotto system)

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Bullshit.
    No, really, they do.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

but if the tickets dont arrive in the mail until july dont I have to sit on that charge on my credit card until then to sell them? Not sure I can handle that right now...