Garmont EnerG to Radium question...

Sort of a boot jong in all this, especially with all the AT boot options available now. Feel like I'm lost in information overload about AT boots.

Anyways first question is I have a pair of 2004 EnerG's that fit pretty good still, liners are still original GFit liners (which have completely packed out), but will be upgraded to Intuitions very soon. The liners are 26.5, but the shell size is 25/26.5 (printed on the tongue), does that mean it's a 26.5 shell that could fit a 25 liner?

I've been looking at getting a pair of AT boots to drive my Kingswood Fats/TLT's

-Tried on some Radium's, liked how they fit, toebox felt a little small but that could be fixed with either different liners or blowing out the toebox a little. Question about these though, are 26.5 Radiums roughly the same fit as 26.5 EnerG's? Read some other posts about the Radium's and there was a concern about their lateral flex when skiing bigger skis.

-Tried on some 26.0 Spirit 3's that ski_faster has/had, but felt like the toe was completely crunched for me.

-Tried on a pair of BD Methods, they fit really well in the store without being cooked, but that can be of concern after they start to pack out. Also didn't like the BOA system, but the walk mode is sweet

-Tried on multiple sizes of Spirit 4's, they fit well in a 26.5, but my only hesitation with them is the heel cup felt a little loose when I was walking around with them on. Could this be remedied with a baked liner or some shims? Also read a post mentioning that Scarpa Tele = Garmont AT and vice versa for fit.....

Thoughts?

On a side note:
    Conundrum: I've thought about upgrading the EnerG's to something different, but I really like the way the EnerG's fit and how they ski. I tried on a pair of BD Push's and Custom's and really didn't like the fit or flex all that much (seemed too soft?)...the BOA thing also seemed kind of useless. I had the BD boots buckled down all the way and they still felt loose. Tried a smaller size shell and same thing especially around my ankles/shin
    Last edited by mtnjam; 03-12-2009 at 01:59 PM.

I don't know how the Radium last compares for sizing to the Ener-G last, but I had a pair of 26.5 Adrenalins which required some toebox work (a significant amount of grinding and punching on the right foot, a little bit of grinding on the left), a pair of 26.5 Ener-Gs that are damned roomy since I got the liners baked (I can wear actual ski socks and they feel decent, almost but not quite sloppy), and a pair of 26.0 Factors that fit damn near perfectly with zero boot work (I got footbeds made and that was it--broke the liners in by skiing in them, not by baking 'em, and no shell work). The Factors are snug in the toe box area--I think a little less liner thickness might help there--but not enough so that I'm inclined to actually attempt to make more space. I generally ski with liners, not ski socks, in the AT boots. YMMV, of course.

In general Gramont tele boots run wide/high volume, and their At boots are just the opposite narrow/lower volume. The 25/26.5 tongue just means that same tongue is used on all those shell sizes. The best thing to do is start by shell fitting each one of the AT boots that are on your list of options. The Scarpa AT boots are going to be wide w/higher volume (in general) and the BD boots are going to run more in the middle of Garmont and Scarpa (again in general). I try to get the closest fit to the skiers foot and always try to cook the liners right then and there as part of the "trying on" process because most people don't trust a shell fit alone.
    "The light at the end of the tunnel is a train." Justin Trosper