Check Out Our Shop

Thread: TARIFFS

TARIFFS

I'm thinking of buying a pair of ski boots from a shop in Canuckistan. They claim to ship internationally and the website says any tariffs must be paid by the consumer in their respective country. I haven't contacted them yet to see if they would know what it would be, but I don't think there would be any reason they need to.

Does anyone know how to calculate U.S. import tariffs? I found some info and might have it, but I also know how the guvment works.

One concern. Do the customs people use MSRP or the price paid to figure a tariff?
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Dont Ship UPS, they will gouge, ship USPS. And see if you can have them say its a gift.

Price paid as reported by the shipper
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Like already mentioned, do not use ups. Canada Post/USPS is slow but cheap. Canada Post charges $5 while UPS is more like $50-80 plus interest.

I don't think tariffs are ever charged when shipping within north america (NAFTA) but they might still get you with sales tax. Taxes are 5-13% depending on which province you are buying it from. I know within canada they don't charge the local PST, but the tax rate of where you are shipping. So perhaps when buying from the states you would only have to pay your local/state taxes.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ned13b View Post
    Like already mentioned, do not use ups. Canada Post/USPS is slow but cheap. Canada Post charges $5 while UPS is more like $50-80 plus interest.

I don't think tariffs are ever charged when shipping within north america (NAFTA) but they might still get you with sales tax. Taxes are 5-13% depending on which province you are buying it from. I know within canada they don't charge the local PST, but the tax rate of where you are shipping. So perhaps when buying from the states you would only have to pay your local/state taxes.
    They absolutely do charge tariffs/customs/duties/whatever the fuck you want to call them within north America. Nafta doesn't do shit to benefit the average citizen (at least not those trying to Import gear).

Anyone know how customs work in the event of returning something back across the border?

Returns are duty free.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Just make sure you write WARRANTY RETURN all over the shipping slip and you shouldn't have an issue
    __________________________________________________ _
    "Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or loose, its how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

The shop in Canada where I am looking at boots has a very reasonable flat rate shipping fee so that's not a concern, well, unless it's fedex then they can never find my house and I have to drive an hour to pick up my shit. I emailed them to see if they know what the tariff will be, but I don't expect they will.

So here is what I've got for tariff info from cruizin teh webz.

This first link is to the main page for the tariff schedule of the U.S:

http://www.usitc.gov/tata/hts/bychapter/index.htm

This one is to the chapter I found for ski boots, I think they are on page 3:

http://hotdocs.usitc.gov/docs/tata/h...er/0901c64.pdf

What you guys think? Is the chart idiotproof or do I need lawyers to read the fine print from front to back?

Also, on returns I imagine there would be a way to get my tariff back?
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!