Check Out Our Shop

US Airways Sucks

In addition to the $90 in taxes, USAirways charges $90 for e-ticketing and processing of frequent flier miles, and offers the sporty $250 change fee.

United has yet to achieve such customer irritation fees, try as hard as they might.

Anyway, I'm crying pretty hard about $180 airfare for the euro spring redux.

Hey, when you're going cheap, one feels a tremendous emotional loss every time financial perfection is marred by getting nickled and dimed.

The good news is the frequent flier miles are getting used on a worthy mission before the company goes belly up or jacks up the mileage some more for trips to places to which you actually might want to go.
    Last edited by jumpturn; 02-25-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Can you save up enough frequent flier miles to just get your own jet?

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Can you save up enough frequent flier miles to just get your own jet?
    How about your own airline?

dude, it's okay. they are now no longer charging for....

wait for it.........

SODA!
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29348274/

As an added bonus you get Philly as a hub! Worst airport in the country! Holla!

No really- US airways sucks heavy. They have like no direct flights out west. Everything connects through Phoenix...why do I want to FLY PAST salt lake city?
    Stupid ass airline.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    As an added bonus you get Philly as a hub! Worst airport in the country! Holla!
    it is pretty much the closest to sitting in the middle of fucking Compton, without actually being in Compton.
    "Slid into the cave where Rocky was waiting with the bong and the snowlerblades"

Quote Originally Posted by ImSearchingforPowder View Post
    it is pretty much the closest to sitting in the middle of fucking Compton, without actually being in Compton.
    I thought that was Newark?
    I still call it The Jake.

last time I flew with US air I swore I would never fly with them again.
    I mean, they charge for the 1st checked bag, so everyone brings a std. full-size carry-on. Guess what? the overhead compartments on both of my flights wouldn't fit full-size carry-on bags lengthwise, so only 2 per bin. Each bin supports 6 passengers. Oh, and they charged for pop

edit: oh yea, and that was on a $600+ thanksgiving red-eye, seriously, no free Coke?
    Last edited by EVC_CO; 02-25-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Last time flew on them, it was a $1200 RT airfare from mht to dca. No drinks and bag charges. On the way back, I sprung for the $50 upgrade to first class, where your bags go free and you get open bar with your wide seat. This was $10 more than the cost of checking two bags and flying economy! Naturally, they time out your frequent flier miles if you don't fly with US Airways within a year.... The only time I fly them is when there is no alternative and somebody else is paying.

Southwest is about 1000x better, and you do a comparable flight for $100RT! No customer irritation charges there.

This thread is making me feel good...

... booked 2 tickets to Ireland for this summer on US Airways. Routing through PHX and PHL. At least for travel to Europe, bags get checked for free.

us airways sucks and is dangerous

sucks and dangerous. Look at these 2 pictures of neglected maintenance. (missing rivets, etc)

These are from a flight just after x-mas from Albany to Charlotte. Not sure if it was the same plane that crashed into the Hudson?? (Difference origin but same destination).

For my full blog post in US Air, you can go to www.TheRedDawn.com and scroll down January 18th.

Hugh Conway Guest
    why did you pay that much money for a euro ticket when you could have gotten miles for not that much more cash out of pocket and used the miles for a much more expensive ticket, JONG?