The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

So we haven't had any snow for a while in WA. Despite this, I decided to get some turns in and headed up to Steven's Pass today. It was icy and the groomers consisted of iceness that in some places had formed sugar from the scraping action of the skiing. Bad.
    Nobody was skiing off-piste. Basically anything off the groomers is unskiable. Ice-crud knee breaking stuff from hell. Ugly.

Knowing this however, I had come prepared with a secret weapon. However, I had no idea how good a weapon it would be. A previous day of skiing on a pair of black diamond Verdicts left a lot to be desired...much chatter on the ice and hard pack groomers. However, I had a pair of 195 Super BROs at home that I hadn't yet put bindings on. I was really excited to try them out. So a few days ago I mounted some binders on them, and spent some time waxing them to near perfection.

I was wondering if the BRO ski was worthy of the hype. Well...holy shit! This is the most incredible ski I've been on so far. First of all, it grips the ice like nothing else. I worked the skis over on the edges confidently and felt at one with the ice. Secondly, they are freaking-FKNA-fast. The first few runs of the day with few people around I really opened up. It almost felt like the skis were fueled somehow, like there were afterburners on them.

I was concerned after some reading that these skis were too much, and I was worried they might be overpowering. But I think they are simply awesome, as long as you stay on top of them, and they did not dissapoint. But they are truly like a sportscar where you can get going very fast very quickly without realizing it. When conditions improve I'm looking forward to trying them out in other terrain.

So this was the good part. I finally got my new skis out and they proved to be more then I expected. I'm thouroughly impressed with these skis...if all BROS kick this kind of ass I want to get another pair in the future. Any reccomendations?

So far I have...

BD Verdict 190s
    PM SuperBRO 195s
    Atomic Metron B5

The Verdicts and BROS probably arent the best for tight turns in trees and chutes. I'm thinking there might be a good ski for that. I figure the Verdicts are pretty sweet for pow and crud. The BROs I have yet to determine the limits of ( but obviously big fast turns ). The Atomics are pretty good for tight turns, but overall I'm not hugely impressed with them.

Reminds me of when I was trying to find my bro's speed limit by straight lining spillway to richards early season on ice. Didn't feel like I was even close.