Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    This whole thing is pure tits. I just read this whole thread and a few of your other earlier threads, and I've just got to say PROPS. Seriously.

Good luck this weekend, sounds like you've got a couple people rooting for you!
    My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

Cool Prr

Quote Originally Posted by SitSki13 View Post
    Yeah, he skis with his cat hanging over his shoulder like that all the way, even on the chairlifts. The cats name is Mr.Keys and he looked the perfect mixture of chilled and petrified
    Ha! Nice one! I am so gonna show this pic to our cat Basil (Fawlty). I guess he'll be all "Me? (h)ow?"

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Thanks for the stoke Andy.
    The wife and I will be watching and pulling for you.
    Enjoy the games and charge that course!
    FKNA!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by str8line View Post
    This TR reminds me of the good old days at Powdermag/TGR when the whole concept of a brotherhood of skiers sharing their passion and all of the emotions of life-changing or even life-enhancing events created a special bond...the times where you witnessed something new and cool and different, in real time, and it had you in awe and feeling like you were lucky to share in the experience or even be a part of it. Not that that kind of thing doesn't still happen here on a semi-regular basis, but Andy, your TR and the spirit that you impart and the responses to it are what IMO make this place so special.

Looking forward to reading more and watching you slay that course!

Totally nailed it, Gordy.

awesome, awesome story/tr

sitski13 and pmgear = fkna!!

best of luck
    Im the one whos gotta die, when its time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way i want to

I figured I would wait and let this build a few pages and then read. Quite the after dinner feel good buzz thread for sure. Good luck Andy.

anyone know how to get live coverage up in Canada?

I'd love to see this but ESPN is blocked up here and my PVR shows only two hours of coverage Saturday on ABC. Betting thats just going to be more of a Thursday-Friday highlights style thing than ESPN's live coverage. Maybe they'll run another show the next weekend with the Sat and Sunday stuff.

Anyways, best wishes in the race Andy.
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Just had to add, who won last year? The "fastest" or the one that was still upright at the end? Don't push it too hard, 2nd or 3rd is better then a DNF from going too damn fast. A good friend of mine is the fastest biker I know, but never wins races because he has a hard time slowing it down just a touch.

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein View Post
    I'd love to see this but ESPN is blocked up here and my PVR shows only two hours of coverage Saturday on ABC. Betting thats just going to be more of a Thursday-Friday highlights style thing than ESPN's live coverage.
    another hour or so of the winners is scheduled for 2/2 according to tvguide.

if anyone pvrs the sitski segment in the US i would be fine with reencoding it and hosting it for all to see. please let me know.

yes, i know it's illegal. i don't care in this case

This TR is incredible, and the reason to stick around this place.

Andy, keep killin' it. Sleeping in a rental van and schmoozing with the elite of the skiing and snowboarding nobility in Aspen?

FUCK -
    ING
    TITS

I'll be rooting for you this weekend.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

Rip it Andy.

Good on you for heading into something you have never done before and for keeping us in as part of it.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    another hour or so of the winners is scheduled for 2/2 according to tvguide.

if anyone pvrs the sitski segment in the US i would be fine with reencoding it and hosting it for all to see. please let me know.

yes, i know it's illegal. i don't care in this case

Someone please take f2f up on his offer.

Anyone gonna offer him a room in Aspen?

Come on folks, we know Andy's tough and all, but we gotta step up on this one. I'm gonna call an ex-girlfriend down valley and see if she can help.

Next?...

I dont think i can say anything that hasnt been said here already....but Andy my dude you are an inspiration.....The last few weeks I've been unfortunate to expierence some tough losses that I was able to put a positive spin on and gave my life some new perspective.....you have done the same man....thanks....how you place to me doesnt matter...the fact youre out there slaying and pushing your self and enjoying every second of it is going to have me smiling and cheering for you this wknd.....best of luck to you this sunday and hope you kill it dude.

p.s.....sorry for getting crazy emo everyone....but this guy is the man.
    Last edited by TurboFat; 01-22-2009 at 07:35 AM.

That bike/cat act is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. I'd like to see them in action!

Good luck Andy; make that course your spiritual home.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Totally nailed it, Gordy.
    Ditto! Well said, G!
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

F2F Pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    F2F Pm sent
    thanks! it looks like it can work out!

It doesn't seem to have been posted yet in this thread (although I'm sure it's elsewhere), so here's the video of last year's finals. The last air is SSSSSSIIIIICCCCCKKKKK

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3217904

Best of luck!

Looking forward to whatever clips can be scrounged for us interweb dweebs.

Thanks guys, I'm getting down the course later today and I'll let you know how it goes.

f2f, it'd be awesome if you can rip the recording, all my family are in the UK and wont be able to see the race at all otherwise, I have a decent hosting account with Media Temple and can give you the ftp details if you want to host it on there rather than using up all your bandwidth.

FYI, the semi's and the actual final are being televised live on ESPN on SUNDAY.

**EDITED TO SAY SUNDAY. NOT SATURDAY. SORRY***
    Last edited by SitSki13; 01-22-2009 at 10:05 AM.

give em hell, Sitski! We'll be cheering for you from Oregon!

FYI, the semi's and the actual final are being televised live on ESPN on saturday.
    This may be enough reason to get home early from skiing on Saturday.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
    This may be enough reason to get home early from skiing on Saturday.
    Sorry dude, I messed up, it's SUNDAY not saturday.

f2f, it'd be awesome if you can rip the recording, all my family are in the UK and wont be able to see the race at all otherwise, I have a decent hosting account with Media Temple and can give you the ftp details if you want to host it on there rather than using up all your bandwidth.
    i should have enough bandwidth to cover the forum and friends, but you probably would want to put it on your website anyway so you have it. espn may not be too happy that we're doing this, so probably best to avoid worldwide distribution, but if it becomes way too popular i can host it on my university network.

all credit goes to dumpy, who offered selflessly to record it.