Boot recommendation size 13 really wide

Any recommendation for hi-performance boot size 13 wide for LBF skier.

size 13 foot? or size 13 boot.

most people are skiing boots 1-2 sizes smaller then shoe size.

I've got a pair of 352 bsl Dolomite Rage Pros that will work perfect for you and I'll sell them to you for next to nothing.

I have a 13EE-EEEE (depending on shoe) streetshoe size foot and use 29.5 Head WC M103(last width) with foamed liners. They are softer (why do they do that?) than the narrow WC boots so I bolted the cuffs. I also ground and punched one boot so my bunion would fit.

They are circa 2000 I think so I have been just starting to look at replacements in case I need something fast. Feel free to add to the list. Wading through manufacturers websites can be time consuming.

Head.
    S110 and S90 are their all mountain performance boots in 103 last.
    No more wide last in their racing boots.

Atomic.
    M100 is their stiffest Sport series boot at 102 last.
    B120 is their stiffest Comfort series at 104 last.
    (A "Comfort" boot stiffer than the stiffest "Sport" boot?? If it is true, this might be my next boot. The 104 last could be tits for me. I have narrow heel/ankle and small diameter lower calf and in the past Atomic boots have fit me well there.)

Salomon
    Mission boots have 104 last, but solly claims a medium-high volume foot. My feet are not high volume, more like duck feet. I'm going to try them on, though.

Lange.
    Couldn't find a wide last boot, but their website sucks so I might be missing sometnig.

Rossignol
    Nothing in wide for experts.
    Last edited by snowful; 01-16-2009 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Any luck? I'm also interested in the Atomic B120 and was wondering what you went with a why?

Quote Originally Posted by ludwigk View Post
    Any luck? I'm also interested in the Atomic B120 and was wondering what you went with a why?
    A most timely post, ludwigk, as I have been skiing in Atomic B110s for the last 3 weeks. Went with 110s due to the silly sick deals actionsportsoutlet (ebay) had/has going. They were ~$125 shipped.

The Atomics still fit small diameter lower legs and narrow achilles really well. My heels are LOCKED in place. The 104 last width is *almost* perfect for my feet. They feel alot wider than the 103 width of my Heads, which were always too narrow even after grind and punch.

My left foot has a bunion and has previously been the problem area in fitting. Grind and punch just hasn't fully cut it in the past for me due to the size of the bunion. This Atomic left boot fits perfectly.

The right boot is a hair wider in the forefoot than I would like for my normal foot, but it hasn't been a problem because my heel is locked in. It's just something I notice every once in a while, but never while actually skiing.

The 110/100 flex is alot softer than what I have been skiing, but this isn't a bad thing. I'm digging it. They are also light, weight wise. The hardware is what you would expect on a mid level boot. Buckles and ladders are all riveted in place.

I've been touring almost every day with them now that the lifts have stopped. I like em for everything. I should buy a backup pair.

Oh, if you are going to buy without trying, know this: Atomic sizes shells26.5/27, 27.5/28, 28.5/29, etc. My previous boots use Head 29/29.5 shells and are only about 3mm longer than the 28.5/29 Atomics.

Damn, skiing is without pain at last. Well, except for that stupid uphill shit.

EDIT: I have a size 13 foot.
    Last edited by snowful; 04-20-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm for size: 27.5 & 28 are the same shell? My fitter says I need a 27.5 but can only find 28.0 online.

believe, and buy from, your fitter

getting fitting advice, and buying online, is a JONG move. bad karma

Quote Originally Posted by ludwigk View Post
    Thanks for the update. Just to confirm for size: 27.5 & 28 are the same shell? My fitter says I need a 27.5 but can only find 28.0 online.
    27.5 and 28 are the same boot. The 27.5 will most likely come with something (easily removeable) to take up space under the footbed, effectively reducing volume in the boot.

mntlion raises good points. Does your bootfitter know you are buying elsewhere?

Other than that, knowledge is power and I think sharing fit info rocks. Not enough of that around here, imho.

This is the boot recommended by two different fitters but was out of stock and not available for order anymore. I thought I would take a chance and try to find a pair online. I tried a 28.5, which was to big.